Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: .....

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, worth it

9 32.14%
  • No, look for something else

19 67.86%

Default Kilian Straight To Heaven 1.7 oz for $235, worth it?

Ok I was totally wrong about another fragrance. This is not overly strong.

After I used my Kilian sample I experienced the drydown and it was nice and sweet (unlike the initial sharp scent). Wearing STH I felt like I just left the babershop, because the frag smells like talcum powder. STH is a perfect winter night scent for the mature man.

However, $235 for just a 1.7 oz is pretty pricey.

This is coming from someone who recently purchased Creed and Bond No. 9. For $235 I feel I should receive a 3.4 oz sized bottle.

Whats your take? Is the price reasonable or should I look for another frag?
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 22nd November 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Kilian Straight To Heaven 1.7 oz for $235, worth it?

IMO, it's worth anything they want for it!

But seriously, that's nota bad price, but if you think it is a little too expensive, you should get the refill 50ml bottle, and decant it into your own atomizer. It is much cheaper that way.

Worth every penny at any price.

But if you think the full packaging setup is too expensive, you can spend $90 less on the refill (which also comes with a small atomizer).
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

The 50ml refills are €80 over here, how much are they in the US?
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Worth every penny at any price.

But if you think the full packaging setup is too expensive, you can spend $90 less on the refill (which also comes with a small atomizer).
    Do they still come with an atomizer? I thought they changed that - or, er... something? Can anybody post a pic of a By Killian refill with the atomizer?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

If you want to smell like a hamster cage then yeah, worth it (sorry I'm just not a fan, seems like a decent deal, though I'd generally get a refill instead).

And LBI, I think they do. It says it comes with a funnel and a pump to replace the old one..so perhaps you could fit the pump onto the refill bottle, otherwise you'd have to use your own atomizer.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Smells like pencil shavings to me. No thanks...
    The Bark Bites Back.

I was just googling images of Kilian's Oud refills (trying to plan my next purchase), so I thought I'd post here. My understanding is this is how the refills now come:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Kilia...33800cat336102

I love it.

I enjoy the opening & mid area much more than the dry down.

for swap/sale:

A very fine scent IMO. Worth it - Yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Get the atomizer with refills - much more affordable

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Smells like pencil shavings to me. No thanks...
    LOL, yeah it does. But the scent becomes softer after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    LOL, yeah it does. But the scent becomes softer after a while.
    Nice pencil shavings, mind you. I happened to have tried it again, from a sample sitting on my desk, the day before you posted.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Get the refill or travel atomizer. They are both under 200 for similar amount of juice. Who cares about the fancy bottle.

Have to get this in my by kilian collection. Its the last one i need to get that i like from the by kilian house. Its worth it imo but if you can get it on ebay discounted then go for it. Or you can get the travel pack that comes with four 7.5ml vials and a nice little travel vial holder with a magnetic top. To me it smell nothing like pencil shavings. I smell more musk and rum. Great scent but becomes a skin scent rather quickly on my skin.
    Last edited by prodigy1985; 23rd November 2013 at 03:08 AM.

No doubt Straight To Heaven is a good fragrance, but not the ultimate thing to invest $235.

Open with rum 5 second and go to nothing not my cup of tea
    If u buy refill u will get atomizer include

Get the refill with the pump and the funnel. It's night and day difference in price compared to the fancy bottle.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I believe that the old packaging was either
    1. a 30ml (7.5x4) travel set with atomizer/holder and 4 bottles, and then you buy just the 4 refill vials, or you can buy any atomizer color of choice and the refill bottles separately... I believe the atomizer/bottle+4vials set will still be available, but the 30ml pure refill little set is being phased out... instead:
    2. a 50ml bottle/box and then a 50ml of refill juice. The 50ml refill was originally just a bottle with funnel to refill your 50ml atomizer+case bottle.

Now, the new refills are only 50ml bottles, which come with a funnel if you're refilling your 50ml original bottle+box+atomizer (the plaque bottle), and it includes a small atomizer incase you want to pour the 50ml refill bottle + funnel into your travel set 7.5ml vials and then replace that atomizer.

Meaning, your only refill option is a 50ml bottle and if you want Kilian packaging, best you can do is separately buy the travel holder+vial and refill it from your 50ml refill bottle, or just buy your own atomizer separately and fill it up. So I'm saying that the included atomizer doesn't attach to the 50ml refill jar...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Banned
    Blog Entries

To answer the question-NO

I'm not impressed by it. It doesn't seem to have any character to me. So, no.

Wore it today. Real nice...not worth $200.

I have a sample of it. Nice, but definitely not $235 nice. On me it was so short-lived and nothing great.

straight to heaven is a good fragrance, but a $4 to 1ml price ratio is way too expensive for my tastes. especially when almost all of the fragrances i love are within a 1-2ml per dollar ratio.

had it been, let's say $100 for 2.5 oz, then I would consider it.

I own it and love it, very nice rum opening and cedar dry down, but that's it. The 135 for the refill is pushing the limits on what it's worth, 235 not a chance. Unless you have the disposable income, then go for it. It's a nice performer and I do enjoy it.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

If you like it well enough then it's worth it. It smells great on me.

Nice but not with that price, it will be worth it though if you get it on a split...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I love this scent I love the smell of rum it lasts for a while on my skin and I totally love the smoky woody drydown very good frag I wish the price was a bit cheaper.