Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Colonia Intensa Oud is Grossly Underrated

I just can't believe how underrated this fragrance is.
    Where is the hype?!
    This smells so much better than Aventus.
    I have tried so many samples going from Serge Lutens to Parfum d'Empire, Frederic Malle, Puredistance, MDCI, MFK, Amouage.
    This is the only fragrance in that high price range that I am considering to buy.
    It excites me.
    Great longevity (3 days), projection and sillage are stunning.
    Try it. You are missing something.

Default Re: Colonia Intensa Oud is Grossly Underrated

agreed. Excellent scent!
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Not underrated over here. I love this perfume. I've had it since launch and recently picked up another 6oz bottle.

Have tried it but personally not too keen on it. (711)
    Last edited by hednic; 17th December 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I like the unique aspect of it, and it's incredible longevity. It is somehow able to maintain it's distinctive AdP DNA even while being such a radically different fragrance from the rest of the line.
    Not bad, but I can't say I love it.

I beg to differ, I thought it was average at best. I think its over rated on basenotes. Gold Intensive Aoud by Mancera is a better take on this style.

I agree it's excellent. Maybe some of the negativity (I've heard it too) is down to the fact that it was such a departure from Acqua di Parma's usual direction? Doesn't detract in any way for me, but perhaps it made it an easy target.

Lovely stuff but too expensive for me. I can buy 400 ml of Eau Sauvage for the price of one 100 ml bottle of this stuff...
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    Lovely stuff but too expensive for me. I can buy 400 ml of Eau Sauvage for the price of one 100 ml bottle of this stuff...
    Might be so, but then you need 4-5 sprays of Eau Sauvage to 1 spray of Intensa Oud, and Intensa oud will still outlast the Eau Sauvage. So it's in fact better value for money.

I own 200 ml bottle of Eau Sauvage and a 100 ml bottle of Colonia Intensa Oud - and like both, but very different takes on perfume, so why the match up between these 2 frags ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

I will say its performance is some of the best there is. Great great longevity for a somewhat fresh scent. Im still on the fence with the scent...not sure if it too dry

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Great fragrance with, frankly, unbelievable potency. Nice and dry also.

My only doubt over buying it is getting a small enough spray to avoid nuking all those around me, it is certainly not to everyone's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    Great fragrance with, frankly, unbelievable potency. Nice and dry also.

My only doubt over buying it is getting a small enough spray to avoid nuking all those around me, it is certainly not to everyone's taste.
    The potency is very good indeed but it's not a cloying projection bomb IMO.
    This is nowhere near the nuclear potency of Montale/Mancera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Gold Intensive Aoud by Mancera is a better take on this style.
    The Montale/Mancera lines are incomparable to Colonia Intensa Oud.
    CIO is more stylish and perfectly calibrated while Moncera is big, brash and agressive.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 25th November 2013 at 05:01 PM.

It is a very fine fragrance and a big step forward for Aqua di Parma but it is similar in style to a whole variety of oud fragrances that came out around that time. Is it really a better fragrance than: MFK Oud Cashmere Mood, By Killian Pure Oud, Armani Oud Royal, or Tom Ford Oud Wood? At this level of oud perfume excellence it is all a matter of personal taste and preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    It is a very fine fragrance and a big step forward for Aqua di Parma but it is similar in style to a whole variety of oud fragrances that came out around that time. Is it really a better fragrance than: MFK Oud Cashmere Mood, By Killian Pure Oud, Armani Oud Royal, or Tom Ford Oud Wood? At this level of oud perfume excellence it is all a matter of personal taste and preference.
    Point. There are just too many others out there. I'm sort of disappointed AdP went with this. I'm thinking 'horse' and 'stable door'

It's a nice fragrance but a liitle way down the 'oud' pecking order imo.

Is 3 days' longevity considered a plus? For that reason alone, I have not tried it. Where am I going to wear something this big?

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Is 3 days' longevity considered a plus? For that reason alone, I have not tried it. Where am I going to wear something this big?
    It doesn't project after 2 or 3 days, but when I smell my arm up close I can smell it clearly, especially the musk.
    It's still not as loud nor brutal as Moncera.

- - - Updated - - -

The weird thing is that I am not an oud lover at all. The AdP seems to be the Oud for people who don't like Oud. You are a big Oud fan if I am correct so I'm not really surprised that you like other Ouds better. The others you mention are a lot more expensive btw...

Oud Cashmere Mood - 70ml - $375
    Pure Oud - 50ml - $395
    Oud Wood - 50ml - $250.95
    Oud Royal - 100ml - $200.00 - Close to Adp...

The AdP can be found for $180 which gives you a 100ml.

Being an AdP fanboi in general, I jumped on this one when it first hit the shelves, smelling it only on a card in the store before purchasing. Then wore it like twice. I didn't fall in love with it, like I thought I would.

However, I think I may have been overspraying it, considering some of the feedback above. I'm going to wear it tonight to give it another fair shot, especially since it's cold here this week. Maybe that'll change the scent dynamics for me. Glad you brought this thread up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Being an AdP fanboi in general, I jumped on this one when it first hit the shelves, smelling it only on a card in the store before purchasing. Then wore it like twice. I didn't fall in love with it, like I thought I would.

However, I think I may have been overspraying it, considering some of the feedback above. I'm going to wear it tonight to give it another fair shot, especially since it's cold here this week. Maybe that'll change the scent dynamics for me. Glad you brought this thread up.
    Update: I did apply 1 spray last night, which was much better than I remember my last wearing. Still got a bit of that fuzzy, floral-heavy opening I'm not in love with, but it sorted itself out within about 15 mins, then I really started to appreciate it. I did give it 1 more spray at that point, as I finally had my nose around it a bit. This produced a whole evening's worth of enjoyment.

I think I finally have learned to like, if not love, this frag. Very happy this thread caused me to go back and re-evaluate it. Corrective application notes taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    Me, too. Here it cost about U$ 300 for a 100ml bottle, it is a lot for an EdC.

Why So Serious?

Didn't like this at all, the oud in here is very sharp. To each his own I guess. One of my least favorite ouds.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by prosperonline View Post
    It might be labelled as a cologne (cologne concentree actually) but it certainly doesn't mimic one. 1 spray of this stuff and you are good for 12 hours of strong projection. Not many fragrances you can say that about.

At £135 for 100 ml I think it is cheap relative to many others in this category. They should have done a 30 or 50 ml bottle aswell though.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperonline View Post
    It would be overpriced if it was an ordinary EdC. But in this case that particular label tells you nothing about either the smell nor the longevity.

I won't even consider something that is not at EdP strength, but you guys are saying how great this is. Honestly the notes seem unimpressive (lol @ "sandalwood accord") -- but then, so did the rose + Oud in Dior La Collection Privée Oud Ispahan, and it turned out to be quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    I won't even consider something that is not at EdP strength, but you guys are saying how great this is.
    For this fragrance, you can disregard the strength -- it really does outlast almost everything on record.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    I won't even consider something that is not at EdP strength, but you guys are saying how great this is. Honestly the notes seem unimpressive (lol @ "sandalwood accord") -- but then, so did the rose + Oud in Dior La Collection Privée Oud Ispahan, and it turned out to be quite nice.
    Wow. To each their own I guess, but you are ruling out some excellent fragrances here.

Regarding the strength, agree with above. For my other beloved Colonias, they all require a good 4-5 sprays to get the desired effect. So I assumed the Oud would be similar. After trying a single spray last night instead, I'm now pretty convinced the reason I was initially put off is that I was seriously overspraying it. A single spray for starters last night was PLENTY. I put a second on to see what would happen. It lasted from 5:30pm to almost midnight with no real drop off in performance. I went to bed at that point, and still had a bit of it going this morning.

I'm still not 100% in love with this scent, although my opinion has significantly improved after this little experiment of spraying far less.

One issue I didn't have with it though is wear performance. It may not measure up to Interlude Man, but this one is strong with a big "S", for an EdC.

Somebody hit the lottery on this... A few weeks ago, some 100ml/3.4oz bottles went for $35 shipped free. Seller kept putting them back up and same buyer kept knocking 'em down for a total of 5. Major score for that person, no doubt.

that's probably a major score for the seller !

^ I wouldn't say major. Assuming the seller even got them for $5 a piece, the resale value for what the buyer paid is significantly higher. And it seems the seller had a brief "dumb moment" with this, because their future listings of other Acqua di Parma fragrances are back up to about market value. Timing is everything, as they say.

My wife bought this for me as an anniversary gift from Bloomingdales. I love the top notes. It makes me feel like I should be reading great literary works in my posh study but I'm not crazy about the dry down.

I will say that this is the most potent fragrance I've ever encountered. You might make someone mad if you wore this to work LOL. I'm talking about "weapons-grade" projection 1/4-spray is enough for me.

I tried it last week but I wasn't to fond of it. I sampled a lot of our-based fragrances and I think there are better options but still glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by the1picard View Post
    My wife bought this for me as an anniversary gift from Bloomingdales.
    This has to be the only oud on the market that women buy for their significant other.

Check this review in the directory, by ScentFan:

I bought this today for my other half, but will grieve when I part with it. To my still new nose, this is a simply magnificent fragrance! I bought six other great perfumes today, but none equaled this. If there are fragrances significantly better, I don't know how I'll respond when I smell them. Faint dead away in public, I imagine.
    Another one:

The Art of Seduction. Acqua di Parma’s Colonia Intensa Oud for Men.
    http://katiechutzpah.com/2013/06/the...d-for-men.html

Like I said in the "Today I bought: D E C E M B E R 2013" topic, I have bought a full bottle of this magnificent stuff.

I think it's made by Alberto Morillas btw, who made the original Colonia Intensa. He was talking in an interview about a leathery oud and he made Oud Royal for Armani, which is similar to some noses. He has to be the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    At £135 for 100 ml I think it is cheap relative to many others in this category. They should have done a 30 or 50 ml bottle aswell though.
    It is available in the 30ml travel size leather edition......although it doesn't address the point of price that some have complained about, as IIRC it's actually more expensive than the standard 100ml bottle!

Similarly, am I interpreting this correctly......that it's just a standard 180ml bottle with the leather case......?

http://www.harrods.com/product/colon...rance-colonias

........in which case, you would be paying £ 315 EXTRA purely for the leather bottle holder?! Now I'm a massive AdP fan, and a sucker for their many 'special editions', but this is absurd IMO!

This is hands down the most stunning fragrance for men I've ever smelled. It riveted me at the perfume counter and (since I know he's not reading this thread), I can share that I bought it for my other half for Christmas, along with Aventus (blind). I'd bet he'll prefer the Acqua di Parma. It's total dynamite, says master of the universe. I'll review it (if I haven't already).

- - - Updated - - -

Reading other replies ... I see I did post a review. Well, maybe this is more a female reaction thing, rather than a male. Gotta try Interlude Man and, apparently, take smelling salts, just in case.

This is definitely well loved by Women for their Men. Except mine of course. She always surprises me with the perfumes she loves.

When i was first introduced to this at Neimans, the ADP rep was showing it to a female client, and she was totally enamored with it on the paper strip. And then when the ADP rep showed it to me right after, she sprayed it on my arm. The female client asked if i mind if she smelled my arm, i obliged of course. She sniffed my forearm and made the googley face. She bought a bottle for her husband! And i bought my first bottle as well!

Its an Outstanding perfume! Amazing scent, excellent performance, beautiful packaging. What else could you ask for?

I have a decant of this up for swap. I really want to like this but I just don't.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

this frag for me is beastly, wore it today. This would layer well with a lot of scents.

My favourite oud for daytime wear
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Reading other replies ... I see I did post a review. Well, maybe this is more a female reaction thing, rather than a male. Gotta try Interlude Man and, apparently, take smelling salts, just in case.
    It was your review in the directory that finally made me pull the trigger, LOL!
    I recently wore 2 sprays of CIO and the sprayer is like a water hose.
    This stuff projects like a BEAST, certainly in the first 2 hours.
    I don't think it really dies down after that, my nose probably gets accustomed to it.
    I don't think I have ever smelled such a strong opening.
    It blasts through the air with nuclear projection.
    I took the train and 2 people were approaching me.
    I could hear them sniffing and saying "Wow".
    It was literally filling the train wagon and it wouldn't fade.
    I thought I made a huge mistake but luckily I took the train to go clubbing.
    Please watch the trigger with this monster.

I have a hunch this will be looked back at in a few years and have become quite well regarded...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Picked this up today..love it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    The potency is very good indeed but it's not a cloying projection bomb IMO.
    This is nowhere near the nuclear potency of Montale/Mancera.

- - - Updated - - -

The Montale/Mancera lines are incomparable to Colonia Intensa Oud.
    CIO is more stylish and perfectly calibrated while Moncera is big, brash and agressive.

I did not find it stylish at all and longevity and sillage of CIO is poor on me and even on my friends, such fragrances are a dime a dozen in the GCC. Mancera's fragrance is not brash its very well composed they are in no way brash. Mancera's Black Line and Gold Intensive are far superior to Colonia Oud IMO.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 21st December 2013 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Somebody hit the lottery on this... A few weeks ago, some 100ml/3.4oz bottles went for $35 shipped free. Seller kept putting them back up and same buyer kept knocking 'em down for a total of 5. Major score for that person, no doubt.
    Thats insane and most probably fake, You will be surprised with the amount of fakes and sketchy fragrances on Ebay, and when they are sold in bunches like that to the same buyer, thats another red flag. Aqua di Parma fragrances are popular so I am quite sure they are fake.

I have gotten good deals on Ebay from estate sales, warehouse deadstock and even that 1 day sale for the little known for Bentley Intense which I shared with forum members here. But a popular brand like Aqua di Parma going for that low to the same buyer, sounds like textbook fake to me. I have been shopping on Ebay since 2003 and have been duped a few times myself.

Meh...Not my fave...I actually had it and sold it...Wife can't complaining it stunk...Some days she liked it, other days she said it smelled like burnt farmhouse...I havent had much luck with OUD scents in the female department...If you're wearing it for YOU then its fine (which most BNers do) but if you want to please the opposite sex or harbor compliments, this scent doesnt do it for them....Like MOST oud scents...I like oud scents that mix with other notes or the synthetic Ouds like MFK Oud or Royal Oud...Those scents actually smell good and the girls like it...

Question for owners of this scent. How much do you apply? I've read it's very potent. So last night before bed I put on single spray and when I woke up this morning 7hrd later i could barely detect it. Not the best test by any means but was. Anxious to try it out.
    I hope I get the same performance people rave about

Dependent

It doesn't project after 2 or 3 days, but when I smell my arm up close I can smell it clearly, especially the musk.
    It's still not as loud nor brutal as Moncera.

- - - Updated - - -

The weird thing is that I am not an oud lover at all. The AdP seems to be the Oud for people who don't like Oud. You are a big Oud fan if I am correct so I'm not really surprised that you like other Ouds better. The others you mention are a lot more expensive btw...

Oud Cashmere Mood - 70ml - $375
    Pure Oud - 50ml - $395
    Oud Wood - 50ml - $250.95
    Oud Royal - 100ml - $200.00 - Close to Adp...

The AdP can be found for $180 which gives you a 100ml.
    Tom Ford fragrances are $215 for 50ml

Thats insane and most probably fake, You will be surprised with the amount of fakes and sketchy fragrances on Ebay, and when they are sold in bunches like that to the same buyer, thats another red flag. Aqua di Parma fragrances are popular so I am quite sure they are fake. .
    Not fake. The seller got fine feedback for those sales and is now selling additional AdP fragrances for much higher. The bottles were slightly damaged but the person who did the listing may have erred on the pricing, thinking they'd lost a lot of value due to the cosmetic blemishes. When they saw how fast they sold, additional AdP products with slight cosmetic damage are now listed much higher. One of those momentary "lottery" deals, being in the right place at the right time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Question for owners of this scent. How much do you apply? I've read it's very potent. So last night before bed I put on single spray and when I woke up this morning 7hrd later i could barely detect it. Not the best test by any means but was. Anxious to try it out.
    I hope I get the same performance people rave about

The sprayer is like a water hose. Even one spray would be too much for a lot of situations to be honest.
    I suffocated some people on the train while wearing 2 sprays.
    This one can trigger nose fatigue easily since the citrus opening is huge.
    It reacts heavily to your body temperature.
    If you're sweating and your body temperature is rising, it will project very strongly.

I did not find it stylish at all and longevity and sillage of CIO is poor on me and even on my friends, such fragrances are a dime a dozen in the GCC. Mancera's fragrance is not brash its very well composed they are in no way brash. Mancera's Black Line and Gold Intensive are far superior to Colonia Oud IMO.
    Well it all makes sense since you like the Mancera's and I find them extremely challenging and unwearable.
    I checked your wardrobe and it only has Black Aoud in it, which I respect but don't like.

The sprayer is like a water hose. Even one spray would be too much for a lot of situations to be honest.
    If you're sweating and your body temperature is rising, it will project very strongly.
    I completely agree. Even strong fragrances typically disappear on me pretty quickly but I've found that one full spray of CIO to the chest is all I need to get me through the day (and even into the night). I wore two sprays at a holiday party last week and I'm pretty sure I was "that guy". I don't know what it is, but this stuff is an absolute monster on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I completely agree. Even strong fragrances typically disappear on me pretty quickly but I've found that one full spray of CIO to the chest is all I need to get me through the day (and even into the night). I wore two sprays at a holiday party last week and I'm pretty sure I was "that guy". I don't know what it is, but this stuff is an absolute monster on my skin.
    I was also "that guy" while wearing two sprays.
    It's an absolute monster on my skin too.
    Luckily, I get great feedback on this fragrance.
    While I'm smelling the topnotes, I'm often wondering why they call this an oud fragrance.
    But then it appears out of nowhere and the oud, while gentle, smacks you in the face.

Darvant described it perfectly in his review IMO:
    (something gassy, a bit boots polish type, woody and leathery with a subtle fruity- simil plummy undertone)
    One more thing I forgot to mention.
    I received a sample of this fragrance some months ago.
    The first time I applied it, I was completely blown away.
    I literally said "wow" out loud.
    Funnily enough, that "wow" reaction is the exact reaction I get from at least 2 people who smelled it on me.
    This fragrance makes an impression, that's for sure.
    This might be my holy grail.

One more thing I forgot to mention.
    I received a sample of this fragrance some months ago.
    The first time I applied it, I was completely blown away.
    I literally said "wow" out loud.
    Funnily enough, that "wow" reaction is the exact reaction I get from at least 2 people who smelled it on me.
    This fragrance makes an impression, that's for sure.
    This might be my holy grail.
    I'm right there with you man.

The first time I tried this at Bloomingdales, I'm pretty sure I let out a Homer Simpson-like "Mmmmmmmmm...!".
    I spent the rest of the day with my nose attached to my wrist.

Women who have smelled this on me absolutely love it with one even saying, "Whatever you're wearing, keep wearing it! It smells like sex in a bottle."

The frequency with which I wear this stuff increased exponentially after that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Women who have smelled this on me absolutely love it with one even saying, "Whatever you're wearing, keep wearing it! It smells like sex in a bottle."
    Now that's music to my ears!

I sure hope this is the case. Gave it a full wearing today and used only two sprays. Once to the chest and one to forearm so I could smell it though out the day. After 4-5hr mark I lost track of it and can't detect it at all. I need to see if others can smell it and it's just my nose blocking it out

Well it all makes sense since you like the Mancera's and I find them extremely challenging and unwearable.
    I checked your wardrobe and it only has Black Aoud in it, which I respect but don't like.
    I haven't updated the wardrobe since joining almost 4 years ago, as I am more active on fragrantica.
    I guess its cultural, because fragrances like COI are very run of the mill to me and while its decent after 3-4 hours on my skin it vanishes completely as it did with several of my friends. But its an eau de cologne after all.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I sure hope this is the case. Gave it a full wearing today and used only two sprays. Once to the chest and one to forearm so I could smell it though out the day. After 4-5hr mark I lost track of it and can't detect it at all. I need to see if others can smell it and it's just my nose blocking it out

I think you have nose fatigue with this one.
    I can smell the aroma on my arm 3 days after wearing it.
    And yes, I bath daily, lol.

My tip is to only spray it on your chest.
    Don't smell it up close on your arm or anywhere else.
    If you frequently smell that spot, you probably won't catch the wafts.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 24th December 2013 at 01:17 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Sorry, but I found this to be very underwhelming perfume with less than stellar longevity.

This is definitely not an Eau de Cologne concentration. More like it has the essence of a "cologne", much like the perfumes from Atelier Cologne. All of those have excellent longevity, but have a sort of "lightness" to them like Colognes usually do.

Who has time to update their wardrobe? I respect the discipline of accurate record keeping and all, but I haven't updated my wardrobe in around 5 years. I am not the meticulous record keeper some people are. It takes lots of time to do and life is moving too fast to record all that only to have the wardrobe change again in a few days. And besides, isn't this too much information to share with people about what all I have purchased? I don't want everyone to know my every greedy little purchase. Why do it! I imagine there are lots of basenotes members like me who really don't obsess over other peoples wardrobes. If I'm wrong well I guess I'm the exception. But, I bet many wardrobes are not up to date on Basenotes.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 3rd July 2014 at 02:25 PM.

Wardrobe Warning.
    Who has time to update their wardrobe? I respect the discipline of accurate record keeping and all, but I haven't updated my wardrobe in around 5 years. It takes lots of time to do and life is moving too fast to record all that. And besides, its too much information to just give out to people about what all I have purchased. Why do it! I imagine there are lots of basenotes members like me who really don't obsess over other peoples wardrobes. If I'm wrong well then, excuse me.
    Preach Buzzlepuff preach!

The wardrobe system on Basenotes is very convoluted and with the whole Huddler switch coupled with umpteen amount of times the site has gone for maintenance, I didnt see the point. Besides the hall mark feature of Basenotes are the forums and member posts not the wardrobe. That shit is for fragrantica .
    Last edited by vinramani09; 24th December 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Sorry, but I found this to be very underwhelming perfume with less than stellar longevity.
    Everyone is truly different b/c my wife can smell me from the 2nd level of our home when I apply it on the 3rd level.

When I leave my office and come back the scent is there waiting for me. I get all day longevity with really good projection.

Frankly, I think 2 or more sprays would be rude to other people in enclosed areas.