Code of Conduct

Default Live jazz blind help :)

I can't sample Live Jazz so i think i will have to do a blind buy on it. The main thing here is..... I have seen it beeng compared to Cartier Roadster. I have tryed Roadster and i dont like it that much, there is a earthy dirty note in there that bugs me (vetiver i think). So with that said, if I dont like Roadster will i like Live jazz?

Default Re: Live jazz blind help :)

Very hard to say. I don't find them particularly similar.
    Live Jazz has rhubarb coriander and ambergris,as well as the citrus and mint, and seems to come off differently to me almost every time I wear it.
    Definitely an interesting scent and I'm glad I own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan SRB View Post
    I can't sample Live Jazz so i think i will have to do a blind buy on it. The main thing here is..... I have seen it beeng compared to Cartier Roadster. I have tryed Roadster and i dont like it that much, there is a earthy dirty note in there that bugs me (vetiver i think). So with that said, if I dont like Roadster will i like Live jazz?

Not necessarily.

It's nothing like Roadster other than that both frags feature mint.

Live Jazz, is mint, a lot of cilantro (you have to like cilantro to like this frag, otherwise you will hate it), and lemon. The mint feels more herbal than in Roadster, which is more like a creamy, mint chocolate chip ice cream-mint to me (I love the mint in Roadster). It's lighter than Roadster, more aromatic, and less woody.

They're completely different fragrances. But as long as you like cilantro, I'd say go for it. Live Jazz is a nice one, and the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Not necessarily.

Live Jazz, is mint, a lot of cilantro (you have to like cilantro to like this frag, otherwise you will hate it), and lemon. The mint feels more herbal than in Roadster, which is more like a creamy, mint chocolate chip ice cream-mint to me (I love the mint in Roadster). It's lighter than Roadster, more aromatic, and less woody.

They're completely different fragrances. But as long as you like cilantro, I'd say go for it. Live Jazz is a nice one, and the price is right.
    What is cilantro and what doeas it smell like?

Own both but don't find them similar, at least to my nose. I'd give it a try. You might find you like Live Jazz. (728)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

What is cilantro and what doeas it smell like?

Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Own both but don't find them similar, at least to my nose. I'd give it a try. You might find you like Live Jazz. (728)
    I already LOVE jazz so LJ caught my eye

I already LOVE jazz so LJ caught my eye
    If you haven't already checked cilantro is coriander.
    Despite the name, Live Jazz isn't really a flanker of Jazz. There are similarities but not enough for them really to share the name in my view.
    I am fond of them both.

Never tried Roadster, but have Live Jazz. For me I bought into the hype and picked it up and honestly not that crazy about it. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, I think because it's a little more herbal smelling than I like in my fresh scents to be.(same with Eau Maximum) Also longevity is not good at all on my skin.

I think it's one of the best fragrances for when it's really hot. It then really comes into it's own and is very fresh with a very pleasant woody vanilla drydown. The opening with the cilantro is only mildly challenging and just adds to the character of the scent.

I red somewhere that LJ had some similarities with D&G masculine, can someone comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Not necessarily.

Completely agree with the cilantro. Wasn't my cup of tea even though I think the fragrance as a whole is very good.

- - - Updated - - -

I red somewhere that LJ had some similarities with D&G masculine, can someone comment?
    One that I find similar to Live Jazz is Cerutti 1881.

Roadster and Live Jazz are nothing alike.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Basenotes Plus

I bought a sample decant off of Perfumed Court and didn't like Live Jazz so much. I remember it being pretty sharp and unrelenting - not enough mellow in the base for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a cheap bottle years ago, and have decided I'm not that fond of it.
    Regards,
    Renato.

I thought it had a similar vibe to platinum egoiste from the sample vial i had.

I could see it being similar to D&G Masculine if it didn't have that big cilantro note. As Buysblind stated, you must like cilantro to enjoy this one. I didn't care for it.

Its mint and rhubarb all the way through !!
    Its nice and light and your shirt will smell of it for days. Not a hard hitter but great for the price

if you like citrus like chanel allure sport, cool water, and some 90's sport scents with lemon you will enjoy. Live jazz has nothing to do with more mature eau (which i also love) being more near nowadays trends without being marine-ozonic.

They are not that similar to justify avoiding Live Jazz, because while both have a certain mint note, the way this note is handled and crafted differs.

Cilantro is the same as Coriander
    Used freely in indian food. Green fresh heb