Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Beloved Man is Awesome

That's all.

Default Re: Amouage Beloved Man is Awesome

I like posts like this. Am often tempted to create posts like this, but usually resist the urge. Since you have given in, may I join you??

Amouage Gold makes me swoon.

Indulge!

I need more. Tell us why it's so awesome. I may need to get in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I need more. Tell us why it's so awesome. I may need to get in on this.

Its not a particularly unique smell, I must concede. What makes it great though, is the absolutley stellar quality of the ingredients used. It has a clarity like nothing I have ever smelled before. I was wondering last night why it is that I like the fragrance so much, and honestly, it is more about the texture of it than the actual smell. The smell is a light flowery fruity affair, but its almost as if it has this amazing sheen encapsolating the actual smell, that is the most luxurious thing I have ever smelled. It comes across as something like dior homme intense or paco rabbanne one million but with the best possible ingredients and for real men with substance (and money), not the boys. Its also really deep. Its not extreemly loud, but it certainly is deep. The sillage as others have mentioned is more more like a glow rather than a trail per se.
    Last edited by litworth; 23rd November 2013 at 11:46 PM.

As to Gold, I find it feels like I'm inside a golden veil when I'm wearing. It's rich, opulent, encompassing. This fragrance is a changling. From beginning to end, I never know quite what to expect. It keeps turning corners. I feel like a better version of myself when I wear it, a bit shinier and more refined.

I need to get some of this...I've heard it compared to 1 Million before. If it smells like that, but not as synthetic, it could be great. 1 Million has some very nice aspects to start from..

Yes it is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    That's all.
    Must sniff.

I, too, am a fan of Beloved Man. It's floral, but doesn't come off as feminine. A very rich fragrance. One of my favorites from the house.

Agreed. It's a excellent fragrance. A soft-spicy scent that smells very luxurious. Not as strong as usual with Amouage.
    -Tested it at Lafayette in Berlin couple of weeks ago, so it seems like the distribution has expand a bit. Maby it will soon be a permanent member of the standard line? We can always hope!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 24th November 2013 at 08:13 AM.

just not my cup of tea!

Wearing Beloved Man today. It's a very nice fragrance. I wouldn't say its groundbreaking but I think from press releases they were going for a classical easy to wear fragrance.

On me the best way to describe it is creamy, slightly floral, and a bit of spice. There is some sweetness to it but not toothache inducing. This one is strange though when I sniff it on my chest I don't get much cumin but on my arms I can pick it up more.

I'm a fan of Beloved Man too. It's not one I'd buy, mostly due to its crazy high price... But Beloved is excellent. Does it smell like 1 Million? Maybe it smells a tiny bit like 1 Million's base. Maybe. It certainly doesn't have that crazy loud and very young top. 1 Million, to me, smells like a guy walking into the room with a bullhorn shouting "Hey baybeeee!!!!!" Some fragrances smell sexy, but 1 Million smells like a guy who is trying to smell sexy. Beloved Man doesn't smell sexy to me. It smells like class and confidence. It smells like a guy who doesn't have to try.

The reason I don't find myself enjoying Beloved enough to want to buy it is that it's a bit too serious for my tastes. Like I said, it smells like class and confidence, but I wish it had a bit of a playful spirit. ...? I don't know. For me, Beloved is a very strong like, but not quite a love.

One thing is for sure: Beloved Man is some very high quality stuff!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Institution

I haven't smelled this one yet.

What kind of florals does this have? Rose?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Maybe there is a touch of rose, but it's not an easily identifiable component. It's really well blended so it's hard to say. The best way I can describe it is by comparing to colors. The opening strikes me as pink with deep blue hues. The middle is very orange. The dry down is back to pink. It's one of those fragrances that diffuses in an unusual manner. It's almost as if you can spray yourself with it, go out somewhere, and everything in that place that you go to will be affected and smell like the fragrance for hours on end, even if you haven't made contact with anything in the place. Yet, it's not loud. It's good stuff and proof positive that a fragrance can be deep yet soft.

- - - Updated - - -

Another fragrance that is similar in texture, and HIGHLY, HIGHLY, underrated is Bekkalis Fait un Reve pour homme. I am going to buy a big bottle from lucky scent tonight and it will be my signature. Words cannot express the beauty and depth of that fragrance. It's poetic; glorious stuff with perfect sillage that cannot be beat by any other scent. I have been without a bottle for far too long.
    Last edited by litworth; 26th November 2013 at 02:40 AM.

Have smelled this for the second time today and thought it was more interesting the second time than when i first smelled it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Beloved or Ja Fait un Reve?

Wearing Beloved Man today. Such a wonderful fragrance. I do think the price tag is a little much for the fragrance but for a discounted price I'm very happy with it.

This is one that seems to get stronger on me throughout the day. I'm still having a hard time pinpointing the notes. I still get a very creamy, slightly sweet, floral (maybe iris/jasmine), and spices (cumin). Sometimes I get a sniff of something that smells like fresh laundry.

love this as well... excluding the price, this is near my top now
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    Wearing Beloved Man today. Such a wonderful fragrance. I do think the price tag is a little much for the fragrance but for a discounted price I'm very happy with it.

This is one that seems to get stronger on me throughout the day. I'm still having a hard time pinpointing the notes. I still get a very creamy, slightly sweet, floral (maybe iris/jasmine), and spices (cumin). Sometimes I get a sniff of something that smells like fresh laundry.
    I will be watching out for this one next time if another deep discount exists on Amouage.

Very generic , did not wow me at all
    this should be designer scent
    it doesn't deserve to be Amouage
    thats all

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Some fragrances smell sexy, but 1 Million smells like a guy who is trying to smell sexy. Beloved Man doesn't smell sexy to me. It smells like class and confidence. It smells like a guy who doesn't have to try.

One thing is for sure: Beloved Man is some very high quality stuff!
    I guess this is going on my Try-list.

I got a sample of this yesterday. Definitely one of the most wearable fragrances from Amouage (at least for this Westerner).

Kinda bummed I missed the chance to buy it from Fragrancenet.

Yeah, I think it's a great fragrance, but I wouldn't pay $450 for it (nor any other fragrance for that matter). I'm happy I got mine for around $200. The only Amouage fragrance I like more than this is Jubilation XXV.