Default Coffee

Which among the following is the best coffee

1. New Harlem, Bond no. 9

2. Rochas man, Rochas

3. Intense cafe, Montale

4. wood coffee, cdg

Blog Entries

Default Re: Coffee

I've only smelled the first two, and between them, I prefer the Rochas as a scent. It smells great on other people, IMO. The Bond is a great scent, too - I just like the Rochas better.

Try Givenchy Play Intense - it's a sharper and louder version of Rochas Man which is a much smoother fragrance.

Armani Attitude and Attitude Extreme - are sort of cofee-ish, the former resembling Zino a tad bit.

Rochas Man is indeed a great choice, possible further suggestion: Endzmion by Penhaligons, plus another Givenchy fragrance- Very Irresistible for Men, only marginally coffee-scented, but giving the impression as if faint coffee notes were interestingly blended with hints of fudge/burnt sugar, walnut and woods.

I smelled 2 and 3 and I prefer the Montale.

The Montale and the Bond No. 9 are both excellent, but different from each other. Couldn't go wrong with either of those.

L'Eau du Navigateur.

The Bond, even though I rarely compliment their scents. The Bond is the best of the bunch imo.
    You might want to sample Fusion Sacreè Obscur by Majda Bekkali, some great coffee there.

Not sure if you've already tried it, but in case you haven't you may want to take a look at A*Men Taste of Fragrance as well. Of all coffee-based fragrances this is my favorite. It has an excellent coffee note supported by chili pepper, vanilla, and a late woodsy drydown. It can be had for cheap these days and is well worth it.

I have only smelled the first two as well and would have to say Bond's NH but only because I don't really remember Rochas Man being coffee-centric.

I'll throw another out there that you might consider sampling if you haven't already: Eau des Iles by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Very prominent coffee note that really lasts.

From the OP's list, I'd choose Intense Cafe by Montale
    (770)
    Last edited by hednic; 24th November 2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm wearing New Haarlem as my SOTD. I really like it, but I get more maple syrup than coffee. Rochas is also a great choice.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Montale's
    Pure Coffee also by Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Montale's
    Pure Coffee also by Mugler

Why would you recommend Pure Coffee when it's 5 times the price of Taste of Fragrance and nearly impossible to find?

You love Taste of Fragrance too.

Just +1 me Tone, you know it's the right choice.

Rochas Man

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Eau des Iles by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Very prominent coffee note that really lasts.
    +1 To Eau des Iles - coffee note at a tolerable level & not overpowering...A complex yet wonderfully composed perfume.

Of the four you mention, Wood Coffee. I own Rochas Man, but don't wear it all that often.

Coincidentally with this post, I just ordered a bottle of L'Eau du Navigateur yesterday.
    Last edited by Furriner; 24th November 2013 at 05:14 PM.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Best coffee note in a scent I've tried goes to Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe. Nice and black, dark roasted note. I've tried many, many of the other scents with coffee in them and never found them to really give me that roasted coffee feel, although I like many of them overall (L'Artisan L'eau du Navigateur, MPG's Eau des Iles, TM Pure Coffee, etc.).
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    +1 To Eau des Iles - coffee note at a tolerable level & not overpowering...A complex yet wonderfully composed perfume.
    I'd also go with this over the options listed. I might add PG's Coze to the mix as well as both are more nuanced in their representation.

Is that CdG still available? I haven't seen that series for a while.

I still to this day get absolutely no coffee out of new harleem. Whether or not its supposed to be coffee beans, or a mocha sorta coffee smell or whatever. I just get nothing. Smells good. But still I cant pick out anything even resembling coffee when I smell it.

Rochas man deff has a mocha sorta smell to it. And since it wasnt mentioned bond I love new for all, is a sorta hazel nutish coffee smell to it. But theres a lot going on in that frag so~

Another one to try would be Milano Caffé by AbdesSalaam Attar / La Via del Profumo - gorgeous roasted beans amid wood and spice, along with a compact, dry, dark chocolate note.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I'd also go with this over the options listed. I might add PG's Coze to the mix as well as both are more nuanced in their representation.

Is that CdG still available? I haven't seen that series for a while.
    wood coffee is discontinued.

Bond 9 "New Harlaam
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Coze is excellent as well, somehow, i never remember about PG's most of the time...

To me coffee has to be just there & not be overpowering - while i wouldn't mind a stronger vanilla, chocolate note, i do not want to be smelling like a walking espresso machine...

Basenotes Institution

From your list, Wood Coffee. But I cannot imagine being able to actually buy a bottle, I never see it for sale.

My favorite coffee scent has not been mentioned: Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Only tried #1 and 2 on your list, and if we're going off coffee note alone I like Rochas Man. I'll also back-up the poster who mentioned Armani Attitude, great coffee smell IMO! Also Polo Double Black is worth mentioning as well with a prominent coffee note

I like Rochas Man as a casual scent. It's pretty light and doesn't get cloying to me even in hot weather. For the colder months, I like the boldness of New Haarlem.

One coffee scent I've come to enjoy lately is Aoud Cafe by Mancera. For me the coffee in this one is more prominent than the aoud.
    (807)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

To be honest I don't really get a heavy dose of coffee in either, more of a mocha vibe.

NH is a nicely well done thick syrup
    Rochas man and MJ Legend is a cheap sugar syrup from the dollar store.
    Intense cafe, Montale has more of a rose floral then coffee.
    Never smelt wood coffee.

I recommend Pure Coffee, the best coffee bean fragrance.

I wore intense cafe at about 17.00. its 22.51 and I can still smell coffee.

Basenotes Member

I've been interested in finding a good coffee frag to wear too. I'm going to have to get my nose on some of these.

From your list - New Harlem. I would add CDG Kyoto to the discussion -potent coffee note mixed with incense and wood.

Since I don't really like the rose note in Intense Cafe, I would go with New Haarlem on your list. Another suggestion for a coffee note is PG's Coze.