Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Tommy Bahama EDC Original discontinued..

It is no longer available on the website..
    Prices are skyrocketing on Ebay..

Probably the best in the TB Lineup..
    Anybody have more info on this?

Default Re: Tommy Bahama EDC Original discontinued..

Thought they discontinued much earlier, they already replaced it earlier in the year with another non-flankered TB.

Smells like cedar, and some pepper. But mostly cedar/pencil shavings. Really dry.

This is surprising, seemed liked a pretty popular scent. My brother in law won't be happy about this; I gave him my bottle and he blasted through it pretty quick. He really enjoyed this one.

Basenotes Plus

If you are referring to the Tommy Bahama in the original brown bottle, then yes, that was the best of the line. It's practically Gucci pour Homme I (the 2003 brown bottle), just much lighter. You can make up for it by spraying liberally and get very close to GpH - for a tiny fraction of the cost. GpH I goes for $200 on eBay, TB - probably under $30.

As long as you can still get Dirty English I don't mind. I actually like St. Barts the best of the TB line.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Actually some have it listed for $100 on Ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    If you are referring to the Tommy Bahama in the original brown bottle, then yes, that was the best of the line. It's practically Gucci pour Homme I (the 2003 brown bottle), just much lighter. You can make up for it by spraying liberally and get very close to GpH - for a tiny fraction of the cost. GpH I goes for $200 on eBay, TB - probably under $30.

Probably means TB. There is a listing for testers at $100 each, plus several more 100ml for $50 to $75.

I didnt like the old formulation and I didnt like the newer one too.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I didn't like the old formulation and I didn't like the newer one too.
    Haven't tried what's out there now, but, like you, didn't care for the original release.
    (787)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

One can get the original (now discontinued) release at TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls for $19.99 for a 100ml bottle. For that matter, they have the Very Cool, St Barts & St Martinique for the same price and size. I like and have backups of all so I should be set for some time.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Didn't they replace it with this one?
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/T...Men-17779.html

I really enjoy this one. It's very woodsy, while simultaneously, it manages to have a beach like feel to it. I think sand & surf. For and EDC, projection and longevity are outstanding. I still see this one for 20 bucks for the 3.4 oz at TJ Maxx from time to time.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bimmer1 that's it- another fresh fruity piece of junk

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    You are correct. Very similar to Gucci Pour Homme I. I could make piece with neither of them. I found them acceptable for me, but not that great on my skin. I really wanted to love Tommy Bahama, but in the end it was not my style. None of the Tommy Bahama scents have been keepers for me. Those who love them...love on!

A soso scent, all right but nothing special.

Picked this one up for about $30 and like others said, it's okay. Similar to GPH I but for some reason I get this slightly nauseating note from the Tommy Bahama. I wouldn't even pay $30 for it, let alone 75+ on ebay. Wow.

It's one of those scents where after I wear it, I think to myself, "ah, THAT'S why it was discontinued."

It's a nice fragrance for $20 to $30. For $100 or anywhere close to that it's highway robbery. Just because something is discontinued doesn't make it valuable. It has to have an audience to pay those prices and Tommy Bahama isn't the most hip or popular designer unless your buying furniture. Even the clothing line is for retirees.
    Last edited by silentrich; 1st March 2014 at 10:11 PM.

It's weird because this was/still is going for outrageous prices on Ebay and other sites, but now for some reason, a bunch of 1 oz testers are flooding the place. The 1 oz testers are going for like 6-10 bucks on Ebay shipped. Definitely worth the price if you never got to try this one yet. This is a pretty solid woodsy/peppery scent.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/Fragrance.jsp

new:

Compass-opens with a confident blend of Ivory Coast lemon, ripe grapefruit and vibrant violet. A heart of spicy pimento, lavender and robust sage complements bottom notes of smooth cedarwood, island rockrose, gray amber and warm tonka bean.

Tommy Bahama - For Him- opens with a revitalizing burst of juicy watermelon, tangerine, crisp pear, and ginger. A heart of Tiare flower and violet leaf is infused with coriander and followed by bottom notes of amber, Tonka bean, and Australian sandalwood.

St Barts and Martinique are still in production.

Interesting on Compass, you should post a "new fragrance" separate thread for this. First I have heard of it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)