Code of Conduct

Default LIDGE reformulated? 5-different-bottles review.

LIDGE reformulated:? A 5-different-samples review.

L' Instant De Guerlain Extreme pour Homme (i.e. LIDGE), is the "Eau de Parfum
    version" of L'Instant de Guerlain (LIDG), two men's fragrances contending the "Trophy of Rivalry" with "Dior Homme" highly-acclaimed twins. But let's face it, both Dior and Guerlain are excellent, and none is better than the other.
    What we want to investigate about, however, is the (alleged) "LIDGE reformulation", which (allegedly) took place at an unspecified time, around 2011 or 2012. True or false ?
    Let's go and see.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...5-samples.html

Default Re: LIDGE reformulated? 5-different-bottles review.

Thanks, André. I admit, I'd never heard any rumours that LIDGE had been reformulated, but it's good to know it has remained unchanged. And I love those bottles!

Overcome By Fumes

Well done investigation.

Very informative. Thank you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good info. Thanks! LIDGE has remained a great fragrance time after time.

Brilliant investigative reporting there, Andrč. Thanks.

Brilliant André...as always !!!

I wonder where you got the reformulations/batch differences rumors ? Was there a thread I missed here on Basenotes ?

I should be safe for a little while with that one (approx. 50ml left + 3 sealed back-ups) ! I hope 2012 is the best year...as my 4 bottles are from that millesime ! (they will make for a perfect gift as needed, now that I know there is no difference at all...).

By the way André, have you been able to check on an alleged/possible Dior Homme batch difference on the newest production (sept.2013 and later) ?

In honour, I've made it my SOTD!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think it will shock anyone if it does get reformulated

Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    By the way André, have you been able to check on an alleged/possible Dior Homme batch difference on the newest production (sept.2013 and later) ?
    late year 2013 Dior Homme bottles just arrived in shops; but I didn't try yet (3V01, 3X01, 3W01)

Well done.

Excellent work, however you didn't mention performance. Did you not measure it, or is it the same across the board as well?

This is one case where I shall have to disagree with you. This fragrance hasn't been reformulated but it has been watered down slightly.

Take a look at the bottles you have, the earlier ones have a very slightly bolder/thicker font in comparison to the later ones.

Take the early bottle and spray it a couple of times in the crook of your right elbow one day (wear a T shirt) and then do the same with a later bottle in the left elbow, wait a few and inhale and both seem the same. Wait 3 hours and there's not much change. Wait 6 hours and then the difference will be evident.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    This is one case where I shall have to disagree with you. This fragrance hasn't been reformulated but it has been watered down slightly.

Take a look at the bottles you have, the earlier ones have a very slightly bolder/thicker font in comparison to the later ones.

Take the early bottle and spray it a couple of times in the crook of your right elbow one day (wear a T shirt) and then do the same with a later bottle in the left elbow, wait a few and inhale and both seem the same. Wait 3 hours and there's not much change. Wait 6 hours and then the difference will be evident.
    I welcome all "constructive" critics and I'll take in consideration yours. If a reformulation happened, it will be evident even more during next batches, and I will not miss (and report) it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    I welcome all "constructive" critics and I'll take in consideration yours. If a reformulation happened, it will be evident even more during next batches, and I will not miss (and report) it. Thanks!
    Does that mean that you've done the spray test/looked at the difference in the bottles?

Simple way to prove my point on the reformulation.

I mean I tried 5 different bottles, and I didn't find significant differences between the samples.
    However, in these days reformulations occur often , and I'll continue to track LIDGE during next months.
    Stay sure if I notice any difference , I'll report it