Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default The next Celeb Scent..

After reading that Rupaul has a scent coming out..
    Who will be next??

I would put my money on Miley..
    You?

Default Re: The next Celeb Scent..

Frederic Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Guy Fieri

LOL- well, I spit coffee over the keyboard. Betcha theres a hairspray/gel note
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Basenotes Plus

Paula Deen - a scent that invokes an essence of fried lasagna

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Frederic Jameson
    Eau de la Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Paula Deen - a scent that invokes an essence of fried lasagna
    Like that idea!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The latest I heard of was Urban music genre rapper pitbull" and also snokie from jersey shore....it is a joke: I wouldn't buy in my dreams let alone ever in this side of the galaxy .....peace

- - - Updated - - -

I would definitely be into the official scent of Detectives in Law & order SVU or the official cologne of Saul character in TV show series Homeland.... Or the official cologne of "John Reese" (Jim cavizel of Person interest show ...for sure I would check these out ....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

Andrew Zimmer of Bizarre Foods. Note of Durian, entrails and something "nutty."

I would guess Kanye West.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Magnus- you are right..
    It's in the directory

Mr. Bean
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Tony, I agree, a Miley Cyrus fragrance must be right around the corner.

Here is an interesting article about the whole phenomenon:
    http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/ce...212600058.html

From the article:
    Celebrities tend to make between 5 and 10 percent of sales for licensing their name to a scent on top of an upfront payment of $3 million plus. With sales in the hundreds of millions for some of these fragrances - you do the math.

Bottles of perfume and cologne typically sell for between $60 and $100, and the cost of making them is usually about 25 percent of retail - so the return is enormous.

Fragrance expert Marian Bendeth, owner of consultancy Sixth Scents, spoke to AdWeek recently about Ivanka Trump's newly launched fragrance saying: "If they have the money, anybody can put out a fragrance now, but that detracts from the persona of polish and refinement - things that you aspire to other than fame and money.

Audrey Hepburn personified beauty and elegance and class, even today. Givenchy was proud to say: This was her fragrance. But Ivanka - who is she? She's the female figurehead of Donald Trump, so what are you buying into?"
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Andrew Zimmer of Bizarre Foods. Note of Durian, entrails and something "nutty."
    Ewww!

(1326)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes definitely think Miley Cyrus would bring one out..unfortunately! Dread to think what the bottle will be shaped like ..her riding a wrecking ball? I think Kanye will bring out a perfume/aftershave too, perhaps a collaboration with Kim? A Kimye perfume?!

Basenotes Plus

Dr. Who?
    Or Malcolm Tucker

Would not be surprised to see a LeBron fragrance.

Blog Entries

William Shatner. He's terribly competitive. Now that George Takei came out with a fragrance, Shatner will have to do one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    William Shatner. He's terribly competitive. Now that George Takei came out with a fragrance, Shatner will have to do one, too.
    My husband would buy a Shatner scent, without a doubt.

I wish there were no more celeb scents though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    My husband would buy a Shatner scent, without a doubt.

I wish there were no more celeb scents though.
    Not sure I could even buy a Spock scent! Maybe Scotty!

There are some really good ones out there, mixed in with a lot that are not very memorable. Once I got over the label, I discovered that there are some pretty nice ones.

J Lo Deseo For Men is a favorite of mine. Beckham Instinct is very good. Tim McGraw has several nice ones - I still love the original most of all.

Some of the best are the "celebrity nouveau designer" scents - I guess you could call them tastemakers getting into design. The Jay-Z scents and the earlier Sean John (Diddy) scents for me. Unforgivable won a FiFi award! The first Usher almost made it into my wardrobe. More straight-up celebrities: Queen and Beyoncé Heat were respectable IMO. A couple of the Kat Von D. scents were pretty good. Kate Walsh Boyfriend was excellent - a great modern oriental.

But there's some redundancy. I will confess.

Jay-Z Evolution is pretty good, I blind bought it at Ross and definitely don't regret it. Never tried Sean John Unforgivable as I wasn't into fragrances when it was still widely avaialble. The price is now kinda insane... it's supposed to be a Millesime Imperial clone, but at the current price ($100+ for a 4.2oz), you might as well just get Millesime Imperial lol. Also like a bunch of the Banderas scents (The Secret, The Golden Secret, Blue Seduction, and Seduction in Black).

Would the Shatner scent reflect his Star Trek days, or would it have something to do with the Priceline Negotiator?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Jay-Z Evolution is pretty good, I blind bought it at Ross and definitely don't regret it. Never tried Sean John Unforgivable as I wasn't into fragrances when it was still widely avaialble. The price is now kinda insane... it's supposed to be a Millesime Imperial clone, but at the current price ($100+ for a 4.2oz), you might as well just get Millesime Imperial lol. Also like a bunch of the Banderas scents (The Secret, The Golden Secret, Blue Seduction, and Seduction in Black).

Would the Shatner scent reflect his Star Trek days, or would it have something to do with the Priceline Negotiator?
    That's not bad for Unforgivable. Some people think it's better than MI. It's a bit more candy - it's like MI with a touch of Hanae Mori HM in it. Since I have both MI and HM, I'd only buy it if I stumbled upon a good deal.

I do have Banderas Spirit - that is one of my oldest fragrances, actually. He tends to sign onto good stuff.

Yes - Evolution is a good one - I have that. Thinking strongly about Gold, too.

I think Shatner should do one based on his sci-fi novels/movies in the Tek War series. They could get pretty crafty with that idea, and create a series of scents based on the illusory sex/power/love/adventure attractions of the digital drug, tek. Keep Shatner almost unseen in the idea, but use his creative thinking heavily in the design, and offer a kind of pseudo-historical future fragrance set of - say - 4 fragrances that actually fit together into some kind of futuristic flacon set. Think of it as future Creed. It would be possible to get a real backstory going, and maybe get very artistic with the flacons and the fragrances. I think it would draw people in more on the art-play than on the celebrity aspects. Seriously - what do future fragrance flacons look like? Lots of potential there.

That's a pretty cool idea. Not sure what futuristic flacons would look like, but they'd probably involve some kind of tracking device. For example, my Nike training shoe has a device in the sole that can be removed and plugged into an iPod to track workout stats (even though I never use this feature lol). For fragrance, perhaps it would track different times of use/# of sprays, amount of bottle remaining by %, etc. Not super useful, but would be a cool little gimmick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea. Not sure what futuristic flacons would look like, but they'd probably involve some kind of tracking device. For example, my Nike training shoe has a device in the sole that can be removed and plugged into an iPod to track workout stats (even though I never use this feature lol). For fragrance, perhaps it would track different times of use/# of sprays, amount of bottle remaining by %, etc. Not super useful, but would be a cool little gimmick.
    Great idea. I had not thought of that at all. Digital electronics are now cheap enough, but not used as widely as they could be. Even bottles that made an attractive sound when you picked them up would be fascinating. Lights - colors - numbers - there are lots of cool things that can be done. And just try to imagine a future art period seen somewhat retrospectively - a design team could go crazy on that. An "old" tek-influenced bottle with stuff that looks futuristic and maybe even alien-influenced to us, but it's old hat in the story, to give it a certain artifact cred. I love it!

Blog Entries

I saw the launch of a celeb scent a while ago. It made such a big impression on me that I've forgotten who it was. Maybe Jennifer Anniston, Niki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Kim Khardashian, or Snookie? I really don't recall. But I do remember, it was on Ellen and the 'starlet' acted totally clueless about the fume. She knew nothing about it. I think maybe it had Tiare in it, which is a deal-breaker for me. Ugh! And I recall thinking, there's no way she's wearing this crap.
    edit; I see Britney Spears has come out with a new one. 'Work it Bitch' very classy.
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th December 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    snip>
    edit; I see Britney Spears has come out with a new one. 'Work it Bitch' very classy.
    Please.Make.It.Stop.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

I see Britney Spears has come out with a new one. 'Work it Bitch' very classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Please.Make.It.Stop.
    She has to have a fragrance launching soon - she just released a song called "Perfume"!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4420652.html

http://video.vulture.com/video/Britn...Perfume/player

George Takei released a fragrance called "Eau My" which quite frankly I don't even care how it smells, given that world class pun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck Dynasty?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Willis' scent will NOT be sold in North or South America? That's a narrow market. What, only on airplanes?

How about a classic/Early music performer, as much less likely but still somehow possible candidate? After all, the now mostly discontinued Pavarotti fragrances were reasonably good.

Wasn't Bret Michaels supposed to have a scent? Been on pre-order forever
    http://www.bretmichaels.com/site-new...for-pre-order/

Blog Entries

How about Justin Timberlake, Michael Bublé or Barbra Streisand?

How about Justin Timberlake, Michael Bublé or Barbra Streisand?
    Justin Timberlake would be a winner but he's the face of Givenchy Play I guess?

I second Duck Dynasty. They have everything else from cereal to cookies to clothes. Just need a fragrance. And as hugely popular as they still are, it would definitely sell.

How about One Direction flankers? 'Broke up' or 'Disbanded' and then 'Back Together Again'?
    Last edited by kalli; 8th January 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Blog Entries

http://youtu.be/pt8VYOfr8To

Britney Spears Work Bitch ​video

can the perfume- spray, smell, stink, Bitch, be far behind?
    Last edited by kumquat; 8th January 2014 at 04:15 PM.

LOL, at first I thought you said that she named a scent that already..I was like..wow. LOL. I can just imagine the flankers..or not.
    Last edited by kalli; 8th January 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Blog Entries

I hadn't yet heard of the perfume- I'm only dreading the release.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    I second Duck Dynasty. They have everything else from cereal to cookies to clothes. Just need a fragrance. And as hugely popular as they still are, it would definitely sell.
    its guaranteed "Rednecks" will flock to this one like A flock of Goose migrating in the winter time...In droves... .....Yeee hawwww and I say this without a speck of prejudice, just quoting .. Self proclaim name .....Peace
    Last edited by magnus611; 8th January 2014 at 07:39 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    its guaranteed "Rednecks" will flock to this one like A flock of a Goose migrating in the winter time in droves... .....Yeee hawwww and I say this without a speck of prejudice, just quoting .. Self proclaim name .....Peace
    I can't wait, Eau de Budweiser, Cheetos, unwashed socks and a soupçon of bilge water.

I can't wait, Eau de Budweiser, Cheetos, unwashed socks and a soupçon of bilge water.
    It better be Eau de Coors Light, I much prefer that one.