Code of Conduct

Default Terre D'Hermes EDT bad/stale bottle?

Noob alert.

Have recently gotten into fragrances and heard some good things about Hermes Terre D'Hermes, so i got it.....love it. great citrus scent.
    Bought a small EDT bottle from fragrancenet (looking to save a few bucks) and loved it. only problem is it doesnt last .... i get a couple of hours, tops.

So for an experiment i went to Nordstrom yesterday, and sprayed a card with the TDH EDP and it lasts...and lasts...and lasts. one day later, and i can still smell it on the card, whereas the EDT i sprayed on a card at home all but disappears.

My question is, could it be that fragrancenet sent me a stale/old bottle? is it thats just the way EDT are? (ie; EDP lasts much longer).
    Ive also read on a review that even though you (the wearer) might not be able to smell TDH after a while, others still can....so could it be that my nose just gets used to it?

Many thanks.

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes EDT bad/stale bottle?

I have both the EDT and the Parfum and the Parfum definitely lasts longer on me than the EDT. Anything of course is possible with Fragrancenet, but my guess is that it probably wasn't old. The EDT for many seems to have fleeting longevity. By the way - welcome to you!
    (818)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It has a massive amount of Iso E Super in it which is a chemical that oftentimes the wearer can't smell, but others certainly can. You might want to run a couple of tests around people and see if they pick it up. Otherwise, maybe a little on the clothes would help as well?

Blog Entries

I'm sure you got a good bottle. The Terre d'Hermès EDP is a beast - the difference in longevity is striking. The EDT needs multiple sprays to have anything left on me at the end of the day when I come home from work - it's there, but just barely. With the EDP, two sprays and my clothes smell like TDH in the basket for a week.

No worrys! And welcome to Basenotes!

Thanks for the welcomes.

Hermes is sending me a sample of the EDP, so I'll try it out on my skin.

The EDP is richer than the EDT. I would recommend getting the EDP. Welcome aboard.

Yes, redneck hit the bail with a hammer, only difference is that the EDP is woodier and more opulent but same DNA ...magnificent scent
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

This is how the fragrance selling machine works. Constant wearing of the same fragrance negates the smell for the wearer.

This is why there are flankers. You know -- brand loyalty is still intact but now there is a different version to buy.

I may have gone off piste here