Code of Conduct

Default Encre Noire projection matter

I recently bought Encre Noire and loved the smell on paper. The problem is I can't smell it on me. Does anyone have the same problem?!

Default Re: Encre Noire projection matter

Yes, i do .

It's sitting on top on my "give away to brother" list right now.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Never had any problems with projection and longevity with EN. Get about 8 hours.

Thumbs up Re: Encre Noire projection matter

On me it lasts all day the day with a very good projection. ENCRE NOIRE is my favourite vetiver scent !!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Ever since I purchased Encre Noire months ago, I continue to really like how it smells on me. Sometimes I give myself a spray just before bedtime.

It is quite heavy in "Iso E Super" which I believe some can't smell.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Never had any problems with projection and longevity with EN.
    Nor have I.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

As windswept mentioned, its the ISO E - Some people can't pick it up and EN is very heavy with it. Spray it on someone else and see how it goes for you that way or alternatively keep it away from your nose, back of the neck is a good one for this frag as it trails nicely and keeps the nostrils fresh to catch wafts all day (and night and some of the next day too).

Similar problem to you.
    My bottle of it doesn't stand out or project much with 8 sprays.
    I'll try 12 next time.
    Regards,
    Renato

Wow 8 sprays & no projection?

I'm almost certain got bottle is damaged.

This thing projects at full blast for a good 10 hours.

for swap/sale:

The current formulation is not a projection monster, but has decent sillage for the first 2 hours then becomes a skin scent, longevity about 4-6 hours on my skin , more in the winter.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    The current formulation is not a projection monster, but has decent sillage for the first 2 hours then becomes a skin scent, longevity about 4-6 hours on my skin , more in the winter.
    I was wondering when this idea would come up

I also do think that there must have been some changes in the formula as it is nowhere near the projection monster that people seem to suggest. The bottle I got is very recent (less than 6 months ago batch). Longevity is there, no doubt about that, even well into the next day. But the sillage is very faint on me, even when I spray on hands alone, which is a good test for any fragrance. As I side note, I am wearing GPH2 on my hands at work and it projects like I wouldnt believe (and that is awesome).

Or it could be that I am not very sensitive to ISO E super... But then again, werent the authorities going to severely limit the use of this component anyway? Maybe THATs why the projection suffered? Ugh, who knows with this stuff. I just wish no one f#cked with our favourite fragrances, thats all