Code of Conduct

Question Eau Sauvage Extreme versus Eau Sauvage Extreme, (new/Intense) Your Views Please !

I have just, (by accident) discovered that the 1984 Extreme version was discontinued and replaced by a quite different fragrance with the same name in 2010......so confusing !!! (please see basenotes directory for details).
    So far there has been only one single review for the new 2010 version.
    What are your views ? What are the differences ? Thanks.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: Eau Sauvage Extreme versus Eau Sauvage Extreme, (new/Intense) Your Views Please !

Hi David. The original from 1966 is probably what got me started in the hobby. It is so well made and beautiful. My only complaint was its lack of silage and projection. I thought that would be remedied by the release of the first extreme. Not so. no similarity so its original namesake and I was deeply disappointed. From what I have been able to garnish from various postings, it does what the first extreme was supposed to do. If that s the case, I will be purchasing a bottle for myself when economically possible.
    John aka Easykiller

Default Re: Eau Sauvage Extreme versus Eau Sauvage Extreme, (new/Intense) Your Views Please !

Own the original mentioned by my colleague above and have tried what's out there now. Agree that what's out there now is quite different from the one of the past. The intention to approximate the former might have been there but the reality doesn't live up to it IMO. Having said that, what's out there now is still very decent.
    (839)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks John and hednic for your help.
    Does anyone know if there's a difference in the packaging / bottle/ label, between the pre 2010 version and the new stuff ? Thanks.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The latest version is more modern than the original..
    as mentioned the original is the classic gentlemen's/barbershop style frag..
    2010 is deep and rich with myrhh playing the key role..
    I never stumbled upon the extreme (1984) version..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    The latest version is more modern than the original..
    as mentioned the original is the classic gentlemen's/barbershop style frag..
    2010 is deep and rich with myrhh playing the key role..
    I never stumbled upon the extreme (1984) version..
    Hi Tony, I think there is some confusion here. I think you are referring to the Eau Sauvage Parfum which contains myrhh and was released in 2011.
    I am meaning the Eau Sauvage Extreme which came in a black glass bottle.

I've never tried the 1984 version (wasn't even born then...).
    I've tried the current versions of ES, ES Extreme and ES Parfum. All I can say is that the Parfum version was the best according to me, followed by the regular one. And the extreme version was quite different from being an intense version of the regular one.

I have all but ES Extreme, it just doesn't do it for me. Would love to take a whiff of the 1984 version just to know how it smells.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

I have the original, I tried the last one some days ago: the first one is more faithful to the Roudnitska's formulation. In other words, the citrics and the hedione ar prominent. The last formulation smells updated. I liked it, but I found points in common who-knows-what-I-smelt-before.

Something to take in mind for longevity lovers: the Extreme I does not last as long as the Extreme II.
    Last edited by Pollux; 27th November 2013 at 10:04 PM.

The ES Extrême from the 80´s is labeled as EDT Concentrée, the new one (2010?) EDT Intense.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    The ES Extrême from the 80´s is labeled as EDT Concentrée, the new one (2010?) EDT Intense.
    Thanks for this. This makes things easier identifying the two !!!