Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Phaedon Tabac Rouge..

I just got my decant of it but currently I have on some silly By Kilian scent..
    anyway-just looking at the pyramid this seems phenominal..
    I have heard it's a smoother TV..

Anyone tried this yet?

Default Re: Phaedon Tabac Rouge..

I own a bottle of it. Wonderful stuff. Excellent longevity and very smooth.
    (854)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lovely scent. Worth buying.
    If you like TV, then this is a safe blind buy.

Basenotes Institution

I don't see vanilla in the list of notes...

Is the benzoin prominent in this (ie: powdery)?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Very close to TV, will probably be my next purchase.

What's the longevity like on this?

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    What's the longevity like on this?
    On my skin very good. When I applied in the early morning, it lasted for me through dinner.
    (897)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have a sample that I dabbed once on my wrist. First impression, it is very close to TV. I like it but I wouldn't buy it with TV in my collection.

I'm waiting on a sample from Lucky Scent. I'm looking for an alternative to TV and EdB is not it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by the1picard View Post
    I'm waiting on a sample from Lucky Scent. I'm looking for an alternative to TV and EdB is not it.
    EdB?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Banned
    Blog Entries

L'occitaine Eau de Baux

Basenotes Institution

Ahh

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by the1picard View Post
    +1
    T.V. is great stuff but I just can't force myself to buy a full bottle at that ridiculous price. And your right, Eau de Baux is definitely not the answer. Due to positive feedback on T.R., I also have ordered a decant from Lucky Scent. We shall see.......!!

Has anyone tried Arso -(profumvum). It is tobacoo but has no vanilla sweetness. Very nice smooth scent. Phaedon tabac is nice and not ridiculously expensive

Quote Originally Posted by olfactorylegend View Post
    +1
    T.V. is great stuff but I just can't force myself to buy a full bottle at that ridiculous price. And your right, Eau de Baux is definitely not the answer. Due to positive feedback on T.R., I also have ordered a decant from Lucky Scent. We shall see.......!!
    Exactly! I got my sample the other day and they are VERY CLOSE in scent. If someone was walking by wearing Tabac Rouge I would swear it was TV.

Comparing them side-by-side TV is still the better fragrance but for a 100ml we're talking about $160 vs $290.

Where in America you can find this frag?

Quote Originally Posted by noirtomford View Post
    Osswalds Parfumerie in NYC:

http://boutique.osswaldnyc.com/colle...products/07-34

(2670)

I came across this recently and would like to give it a sampling. I haven't really found a tobacco scent I immensely enjoy besides Amouage Tribute.

I own Pure Havane and Bogart Pour Homme. I've sampled Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but wasn't impressed.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by noirtomford View Post
    Luckyscent.com
    On backorder now, but you can order a sample to try first...
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    I came across this recently and would like to give it a sampling. I haven't really found a tobacco scent I immensely enjoy besides Amouage Tribute.

I own Pure Havane and Bogart Pour Homme. I've sampled Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but wasn't impressed.
    I think TV is astonishing..
    I prefer the loud types..

I have a decant of I Profumi di Firenze Tobacco on the way..
    I have Odori Tobacco also to sample in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I think TV is astonishing..
    I prefer the loud types..

I have a decant of I Profumi di Firenze Tobacco on the way..
    I have Odori Tobacco also to sample in the near future
    I didn't find TV to be very loud felt it was on the weaker side. It was a small sample though. I enjoy loud scents some of my favorite fragrances are Epic Man, Leather Oud, and Gold Man.

I did enjoy Czech and Speake Cuba when I sampled it.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

I see in the SOTD thread you're wearing this. What are your thoughts on Tabac Rouge? Is it worth a try if I didn't find Tobacco Vanille that interesting?

Very similar to TV but with a lower price tag....Yeah, another win for the Lay man....it's easy to wear, and easier in your pockets won't leave a hole and won't but a dent in your wallet in comparison to TV, although neither are my choice of scent but a great grab ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Banned
    Blog Entries

My SOTD..
    It wears a bit smoother than TV..
    Also as mentioned it's $160 for 3.4 oz..
    I might buy it once my samples of it and TV run out..
    That could be another few years..
    It's not a high priority..

My new favorite fragrance, absolutely to die for. Much better than TV, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeshnue View Post
    Much better than TV, IMO
    IMO also.

(2781)

Banned
    Blog Entries

My new favorite fragrance, absolutely to die for. Much better than TV, IMO
    Much cheaper

Wearing a sample now and all I can say is wow! This is some really good stuff. This might be my replacement for when I run out of my beloved Tobacco Vanille. Luckily, I don't need to make this decision anytime soon.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Plus

IMHO, this is spicier than TV. And, a lot less "vanilla." The vanilla in TV overwhelms me over time. Tabac Rouge doesn't have the sillage of TV but, it's a fantastic fragrance and quite a bargain compared to TV. .

This fragrance is the best thing I've ever discovered in the fragrance world. I am totally infatuated with the scent, and I will consider myself lucky if I can find another fragrance that I like as much as this one. Absolutely amazing. I think I am going to put on another spray before bed.

This fragrance is the best thing I've ever discovered in the fragrance world. I am totally infatuated with the scent, and I will consider myself lucky if I can find another fragrance that I like as much as this one. Absolutely amazing. I think I am going to put on another spray before bed.
    I completely understand your enthusiasm for this scent. Phaedon stepped up their quality big time with their EDP line IMO, this one being a perfect example.

(3369)

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think it's safe to say that this is Phaedon's masterpiece..
    A definite FB will fall into my collection some time in the near future..
    $160 is an awesome price!!

See the thing that I love about it is the monster strength as well as its longevity. The cumulative reviews on fragrantica aren't mixed, its a hit in terms of how many people love it, strength, lasting power, and the price. Honestly I spend a lot of my free time browsing fragrantica looking for another scent that hits all those categories but its hard TR was actually a blind buy for me but I knew I'd love it based in the overwhelmingly positive reviews. Seriously if anyone in here can help me find my next Tabac Rouge I will be eternally grateful

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries

Tom Ford Amber Absolute is what you want Pomeshune..
    Lasts all day and projects crazy..

I'm really enjoying this. I think it's surpassing Tobacco Vanille in this genre. It's less of the sweetness and more spice/tobacco.

I'm wearing it as I type this. It really is a fantastic scent that's so much like tv that it's hard for me to tell the difference untill the complete dry down. Then TR at that point is less sweet with stronger tobacco.

Should be receiving my bottle on Friday. Luckyscent now has it back in stock. Had to wait about a month for them to get it back in stock. If anyone is interested, you might want to purchase ASAP.

As an alternative, Osswald NYC carries this line and you can order it from them on thier website. I was just there the other day and they had plenty in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JonF View Post
    As an alternative, Osswald NYC carries this line and you can order it from them on thier website. I was just there the other day and they had plenty in stock.
    This is very convenient especially for those who live in the East. My understanding is the only
    one he doesn't carry from the Phaedon line is Poivre Colonial which is web exclusive and perhaps the new one, L'Eau de Phaedon (which might not have gotten to his store yet.

Great stuff very similar to TV as people has mentioned, but it is not as similar to my nose as a lot people say. I can easily tell them apart worth having even if you own TV. As much as I love TV I like the drydown of TR more than TV. If they were the same price this would still win by a hair. Less cloying yet more spices and the honey is incredible.

Similar to TV, but not as similar as say cool water to GIT, cedrat boise to aventus that sort of thing. Especially the first hour or so of TR the difference is quite noticeable. TR has honey, and its much more creamy, powdery and thick sorta smelling. Almost to the point it has a aftertaste that if you take in to much at once it can be... well to much. TV has that breathing in cinnamon breathing out cherry and its much more spicey and potentially offense albeit all the same I enjoy it more myself. Once it dries down they are more similar with TR having that cinnmaon that never tingles your nose like TV might and acts more just like a dusting over everything. But for what its worth TV on my skin anytime ive worn it is not particularly linear and it takes hours and hours before I get the dry down where they smell more similar.

Id guess TR appeals to the person that likes honey tobacco stuff, and a creamier less in your face version of TV. But for me if I want a honey tobacco id rather wear pure havane or back to black. And if I wanted to get a TV vibe I would just wear TV myself.
    Last edited by seekritdude; 10th August 2014 at 11:02 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for that info seekritdude. It doesn't sound like I would like Tabac Rouge, I sort of detest that tobacco/honey combo.

-- Eckhart Tolle

If you love tv, there's very little chance that you wouldnt like TR.
    In terms of similarity, I would say 80% similar to tv, tv takes the vanilla route while tr takes the honey route. Performance wise, TR is a great performer. 100 ml for 160 is a great price when compared to 210 for 50 ml of TV.