Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread

Default Data from May - October 2013

Hello

I thought I'd give an update as to the conversion of the data from May - late October.

Firstly, No, it's not lost!

Secondly -- why is it taking so long?

Unexpected obstacles mainly. In brief, the data being provided in a format, that I wasn't able to view easily. This is down to my tech skills rather than the format. Luckily BasenotesDude has helped me to be able to access it.

The other reason is that the data format is a lot different to the vBulletin format. I didn't get to see how different until a week or so before the move (though I had asked for samples of the data as far back as the summer, to no avail)

I don't want to rush it, as the last thing I want is for someone to get the wrong PM's or something.

So, my apologies for the length of time this has taken. In all honesty, I didn't think it would be this long, but we're on the home stretch now, and we should hopefully start seeing various data back soon.

Default Re: Data from May - October 2013

As always, thank you for the update Grant and keeping us in the loop.
    (882)
    Last edited by hednic; 27th November 2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Can't wait when it is available I just don't want to duplicate some threads that I am interested in.

Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for the update.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Many thanks for keeping us up to speed, Grant . Really appreciate your efforts and looking forward to having everything completely restored.

Thanks for the explanation Grant!

Blog Entries

Thanks, Grant!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Absolutely, thanks!

And YES - if it takes an extra week to make sure that we don't end up playing Secret Santa with each other's PMs, then PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Great news

Basenotes Plus

Thanks so much! As someone who joined in July, its almost as if I have had no "memory" (not to mention 50 reviews!!)

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Thanks so much! As someone who joined in July, its almost as if I have had no "memory" (not to mention 50 reviews!!)
    50 reviews in that short time?! Yikes! I was worried about the two I lost...

Thanks for your effort, Grant. This is indeed like waiting for Christmas...

Thanks for the update Grant.

I should have made a hard copy of Hednic's PM's promising me his Montale collection by years end. i can wait a little bit longer lol

Whoever is working on this is super slow. I've considered buying a membership here but in the year and a half I've been a member it's been one of the worst managed sites I've ever seen. It's almost as if the owner were trying to drive traffic away.

thanx a lot!

Basenotes has become so f**cking annoying lately - or is it just me who feels that way?!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Incense Extreme

The people coding the data are possibly with you on that one!

My apologies this is taking so long.

I've worked out the mapping for the itrader feedback, so this will probably be back first. All the data is in a completely different format to what it is here and there is no instructions. Believe me, I would much rather it be back by now too.

Dear Grant,
    Thanks for the update; this is a good start. I personally miss most my reviews (a lot in these months) and posts, as I am used to refer to them quite a lot, so it is great that some data transfer back can start. You have to still run the day-to-day business of the site; thank you for all your effort and hard work.

Any updates?!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Incense Extreme

Would also be interested in knowing about any progress being made with bringing the lost data back especially the images/photos.

(4166)
    Last edited by hednic; 13th February 2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I would like to know if there is any progress with updating our wardrobe counts, adding all the sotd's from May 15th- October 29th in 2013. Any info would be appreciated.

I just checked my sotd data for the first time in a long time and, instead of going back to the date of my joining, my sotd data only goes back one month. So not only is the hddlr era stuff still gone, everything older than about five weeks is gone too. Is there some change that's been made?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    I just checked my sotd data for the first time in a long time and, instead of going back to the date of my joining, my sotd data only goes back one month. So not only is the hddlr era stuff still gone, everything older than about five weeks is gone too. Is there some change that's been made?
    Hi!
    Just replied to this post here.

Just curious as we approach August 2014 if there has been any progress in recovering Huddler threads, images, and photos? Has the gentleman who was the technical guru and liaison made any headway, or are we still dwelling in limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just curious as we approach August 2014 if there has been any progress in recovering Huddler threads, images, and photos? Has the gentleman who was the technical guru and liaison made any headway, or are we still dwelling in limbo?
    Is there any news about the missing data? It would be a real shame if all the information included in Huddler-era threads just disappeared ... One way or anther, an update would be very gratefully received!

It's all still being worked on - although it's a bigger job than anticipated, and has to be done in tandem with current tasks, hence the long wait unfortunately. (Our technical guru also has a demanding day job!) The current priority with Grant is wardrobe data.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Brockless View Post
    It's all still being worked on - although it's a bigger job than anticipated, and has to be done in tandem with current tasks, hence the long wait unfortunately. (Our technical guru also has a demanding day job!) The current priority with Grant is wardrobe data.
    Thanks for the update, Judith. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing those old threads back again

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Brockless View Post
    Thank you for the news. It's refreshing to know that it hasn't been forgotten and is still on the agenda of things to do.

+ Reply to Thread