Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?

Got an unused sample: frankly, I have no idea. I guess during wintertime in not very formal occasions, in which heavy fragrances are a no - no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    This has been one I have wanted for a while. Back a few years ago most Basenoters rated it very high I just don't hear about as often now.
    Off topic: It is called hype, and it is part of BNs lore.

I am trying which are the present day versions of Knize 10, LDDM and Encre Noir.

L'Air du Desert Marocain is one of my all time favorites. I'd be a bit cautious about where I'd wear something like Tauer's Lonestar Memories... that sucker's not kidding around. But I find that LDDM is pretty easy to wear. In fact, the only time I wouldn't wear it is either on a first date or on an occasion when something else would work better (which seems pretty obvious). In other words, I have no reservations or hesitations about LDDM, and I've never gotten any negative feedback about it. I find it to be surprisingly versatile, both in terms of weather and activities. It's dry enough (dusty enough?) for summers yet rich enough for winters. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

OH! Wait... I do have one negative thing to say about LDDM: The cap on my bottle doesn't fit properly. It's way whoa way too tight! It's so tight that I stopped using it because I was afraid I might break the sprayer off. TOO. FRIGGIN'. TIGHT. WHOA. The bottle is magnificent of course. LOVE those Tauer bottles. (if you happen to see this Andy... dude! Hook a brother up with a can that fits! Please?)

As if I haven't made it clear enough, I think LDDM is outstanding. It truly is a work of art and I always enjoy wearing it.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th November 2013 at 01:47 AM.
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

I'd wear it when I feel like it, but I dont like it. I don't like to wear strong amber.

Great fragrance but I don't really recognize myself in it. And that's somewhat imperative if I'm going to wear a fragrance. Always a good thing to ask: do you really recognize yourself in the fragrance you're wearing? Most of the time it's probably no.
    Last edited by pluran; 28th November 2013 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I don't think it's got a designated time/place but it might be cloying in the middle of summer heat. As badarun pointed out, you have to go kind of light on it though as it's brutally strong.

I've been on the fence on this scent for some time now and can't quite figure out why. It's the only Tauer I actually seem to like, but very dependent on mood.
    Dijou'like LoneStar Memories?

I found they shared the base DNA that makes up the two.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Is this a men's only sort of scent?

Au contraire, since you like Cuir Mauresque, I think you personally would love l'Air du Desert Marocain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    This has been one I have wanted for a while. Back a few years ago most Basenoters rated it very high I just don't hear about as often now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post

Off topic: It is called hype, and it is part of BNs lore.
    In this case I think its because at the time it was popular, everyone got it, enjoyed it and moved on.
    Plus its been released a while now. Those same people are exploring other venues.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

I didn't like that one at all But at least I knew that I didn't like it, which is more than I can say for LdDM!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    When worn lightly (2 sprays max for me), I feel comfortable wearing it anytime and anywhere. Absolutely one of my favorite fragrances....from beginning to end.
    I tell ya...Im sitting here on my couch and I can catch a whiff of it earlier this morning...This stuff lasts and lasts for sure...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    FSU- cool
    I feel weird about wearing Duc De Vervins in public..
    it's 2 macho for me but I kinda like it so I just wear it around the house..

P.S.- Such a shame with your QB
    yea, I agree...I wish they would either charge him or move on but I do understand there is a quarterback's livelihood and a potential "victim's" credibility in the hands of the State Attorney....If he did indeed rape her, then I totally support throwing him in jail and punishing him to the fullest extent of the law...I have no tolerance for that behavior regardless of how great our QB is or if he is ruining his chance for the Heisman...But I will tell ya, Tony, I have seen some very troubling conflicting information that really makes it look like a "witch-hunt" more than an actual rape....A lot of stuff you won't see on ESPN or ESPN.com which is pretty much crucifying him before they have heard and seen all the evidence...A lot of stuff that just doesn't make sense to me and if she did DELIBERATELY ruined a QB's reputation and ability to play in the national championship because she wanted to get back at Winston (because he had a girlfriend), I think she should EQUALLY be punished which should include jail time....You just don't do that kinda thing to people...If it was consensual sex, which I believe it was, then say it is...Yelling rape and it wasnt really rape to me is just as bad as actual rape...It's wrong and hopefully we should get an answer in a couple of weeks...Read some stuff on tomahawknation.com to get the OTHER side instead of relying on ESPN...The media hasnt helped the matter whatsoever....Just a suggestion...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't like that one at all But at least I knew that I didn't like it, which is more than I can say for LdDM!
    Me neither...Lucky Scent sent me a sample of LoneStar Memories and I almost barfed....It was AWFUL....LIke this alcohol, licorice thing going on....didnt get THAT one from Tauer at all....LDDM, to me, is probably the best in the line...

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

I know you weren't asking me, but here's my $oo.o2 anyway. Don't try to cash it in for more than it's worth

They both wear like a Tauer scent, but I didn't find them too similar beyond that. I like Lonestar Memories, but I find it challenging to wear. It wears me! And I get the sense that it's disappointed. Perhaps I'm not badass enough for Lonestar Memories! I spent years living in Texas, so I definitely have lonestar memories, but they smell nothing like LM, other than the smoke. MMmmmmm... there was a barbecue joint near where I lived (OF COURSE!!!) and I walked past it all the time. Oh, the smell of hickory smoke in the morning. MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! Anyway... LM is a like, but it's so challenging. LDDM wears like an old friend.
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain is one of my all time favorites. I'd be a bit cautious about where I'd wear something like Tauer's Lonestar Memories... that sucker's not kidding around. But I find that LDDM is pretty easy to wear. In fact, the only time I wouldn't wear it is either on a first date or on an occasion when something else would work better (which seems pretty obvious). In other words, I have no reservations or hesitations about LDDM, and I've never gotten any negative feedback about it. I find it to be surprisingly versatile, both in terms of weather and activities. It's dry enough (dusty enough?) for summers yet rich enough for winters. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

OH! Wait... I do have one negative thing to say about LDDM: The cap on my bottle doesn't fit properly. It's way whoa way too tight! It's so tight that I stopped using it because I was afraid I might break the sprayer off. TOO. FRIGGIN'. TIGHT. WHOA. The bottle is magnificent of course. LOVE those Tauer bottles. (if you happen to see this Andy... dude! Hook a brother up with a can that fits! Please?)

As if I haven't made it clear enough, I think LDDM is outstanding. It truly is a work of art and I always enjoy wearing it.
    OMG I was going to say that about the cap too ! Its AWFUL ! Can't get it off and it worries me that I'm going to break the sprayer...Definitely a negative for LDDM...

Yeah. I debated trying to sand the inside of that wooden cap to get it to fit, but instead, I quit using it.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    OMG I was going to say that about the cap too ! Its AWFUL ! Can't get it off and it worries me that I'm going to break the sprayer...Definitely a negative for LDDM...
    Same here. I've found that if you twist the cap as you're taking it off, it comes off much easier.
    Currently wearing: Tardes by Carner Barcelona

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Yeah. I debated trying to sand the inside of that wooden cap to get it to fit, but instead, I quit using it.
    Guess it would be easier to just leave the cap off...

Definitely not (actually, I struggle to think of a men's only sort of scent).

I did own a bottle, and I liked it, but I had a similar problem - just never felt like wearing it. It is really distinctive and in your face. Finally gave it up.

Hedonist, I don't know how you remember what we all like, but I appreciate that you do. Thanks for the pov

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Same here. I've found that if you twist the cap as you're taking it off, it comes off much easier.
    I just use my teeth.

NO!!!! ...he says with a grin... Oh muh gawd, I would love to smell LDDM on a woman. It's neither masculine nor feminine, but I wouldn't call it unisex either. At least, not in the sense of walking the line between masculine and feminine. To my nose, it's unisex in the sense that it doesn't smell like a gender. I think it's marvelous, and somewhat mysterious.

- - - Updated - - -

I just use my teeth.
    Awe, come on. Are you trying to say I've been doing it wrong this whole time?! Way to make me feel like a total noob, man. Thanks.

[You have to admit, that's a better response than the all too easy "That's what SHE said."]
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th November 2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: ...that's what SHE said. LOL.

L'Air du Désert Marocain is a fantastic scent - I keep it in regular rotation.

I agree with the bottle/cap issue - the cap's too tight, and the two little rubber bands that are supposed to keep it in place have gone loose on my bottle, as the cap just doesn't fit. Major design flaw, very annoying, they really should change that.

"When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?"

Whenever i damn well please! I wear it often! Its actually one of my most complimented perfume...no surprise to me. Absolute masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    "When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?"

Whenever i damn well please! I wear it often! Its actually one of my most complimented perfume...no surprise to me. Absolute masterpiece!
    Off topic - Every time I see your user name a voice yells in my head "Come on you ****, lets have some Aphex acid" and I feel compelled to read whatever you have posted...

Basenotes Plus

lol

I don't find LDDM particularly difficult to wear. I really like it and wear it to work whenever the mood strikes.