Code of Conduct

Default When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?

Hey guys,

Seems like a dumb question but I've heard many say that seem to have problems finding a time, place or event to wear this fine scent...Wanted to get your thoughts on it....

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?

I wore it yesterday to work. I put it on about an hour or so before I went it, two spays.
    Last edited by RichNTacoma; 27th November 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Underwater or in a force 9 gale. I had a sample of this once. I found it impossible to wear in any social situation.

I would feel comfortable wearing it to the office as well as a formal social function.
    (894)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

When I had my small decant I used it at the weekends or when I was out and about by myself. It's too powerful for me to wear in a office or social situations as it's just to distracting. Love the scent though.

It is an excellent scent for days at home or during weekends when you just want to relax, but it can also be worn lightly for social gatherings in the fall and winter.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Underwater or in a force 9 gale. I had a sample of this once. I found it impossible to wear in any social situation.

It might work at a Basenotes Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    |LOL - Underwater as in spray on skin & go into the water or spray on water & jump in - some clarity will help FSU...

I wear LDDM with no issues to any occassion / work / party etc etc - huge compliment getter - go light on the trigger though, max 3 sprays.

It's potent, but not offensive. Some scents are offensive even when weak.

So, I think this can be worn anywhere any time - as long as you go light.

Big compliment getter for sure.

I like it during the day when it is cooler. Wonderful scent and it has good longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post

It might work at a Basenotes Convention.
    Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    |LOL - Underwater as in spray on skin & go into the water or spray on water & jump in - some clarity will help FSU...

I wear LDDM with no issues to any occassion / work / party etc etc - huge compliment getter - go light on the trigger though, max 3 sprays.
    That's what I did! Wearing it today!

I don't think it's got a designated time/place but it might be cloying in the middle of summer heat. As badarun pointed out, you have to go kind of light on it though as it's brutally strong.

I've been on the fence on this scent for some time now and can't quite figure out why. It's the only Tauer I actually seem to like, but very dependent on mood.

Is this a men's only sort of scent?

^ not at all! It's a sort of herbal amber.

Anytime IMO. Just adjust the amount of sprays.

Yes me too Dead....there's a note that I'm not particulary fond of, but overall it's fantastic.....especially the dry down...that note has almost a "spit-like" smell....can't put my finger on it

In the summer, outdoors.

There were no problems wearing this at the office. Nothing but love from the surroundings! But as mentioned above it could be a good idea not to apply it right before going to work.

/JRV

Re masculinity, it's a deep dark amber with smoke and resins, a touch sweet, and with the typical dry flinty "Tauerade". More stereotypically masculine, but perfect for a woman too.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    That's what I did! Wearing it today!
    Now don't take my response as if an Aventus fan wrote it - but, the first time i wore this to work, a director from another city visiting us, came by & we were introduced. She hung her jacket next to mine & we went thru some discussions for abt an hr or so. When leaving, she picked her jacket & put her nose into mine - i am not making this up & I'm not substituting Aventus story for LDDM - she turns to me & has this really peaceful & happy smile (enlightenment?????) & said WOW, that's the best I've ever smelt a parfum!

All this with 1 spray of LDDM to the back of my neck...To me, one of the best release from Tauer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Totally unisex imo...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Whenever you choose to as you spent the cash on it..
    I don't think grown men should tell grown men when they should where a certain frag..

if that's the case why buy it?

I got a compliment while order a chicken biscuit, with cheese, at Chick Filet, with LDDM

I totally understand your question, as I figure that you are gauging and obviously will make final determination in your own and you will conclude which time is the best due for LDDM to be worn and IMHO it is when your in the mood for it!

btw, I have a 10 ml decant of it....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Not that often though I like it a lot. I guess the reason for that is the same why the OP started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Whenever you choose to as you spent the cash on it..
    I don't think grown men should tell grown men when they should where a certain frag..

if that's the case why buy it?
    I agree, Tony...but this thread was more of a curiosity thread....I have seen LDDM on basenotes for years and quite a few people kept saying how they could never seem to find a place to wear this one, so I just wanted to know why or where people actually ARE wearing it...I will personally wear it to work because I love it and I actually learned on this thread to go lightly on this one which I normally DON'T do....But I did this morning....

When worn lightly (2 sprays max for me), I feel comfortable wearing it anytime and anywhere. Absolutely one of my favorite fragrances....from beginning to end.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    When worn lightly (2 sprays max for me), I feel comfortable wearing it anytime and anywhere. Absolutely one of my favorite fragrances....from beginning to end.
    This has been one I have wanted for a while. Back a few years ago most Basenoters rated it very high I just don't hear about as often now.

Banned
    Blog Entries

FSU- cool
    I feel weird about wearing Duc De Vervins in public..
    it's 2 macho for me but I kinda like it so I just wear it around the house..

P.S.- Such a shame with your QB

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    When I had my small decant I used it at the weekends or when I was out and about by myself. It's too powerful for me to wear in a office or social situations as it's just to distracting. Love the scent though.
    This was pretty much my experience.

One of the few times I tried wearing it to the office it beat up the innocent fruity floral our IT lady was wearing while she set up my new computer and probably made her cough. That was with one spray under my shirt.

I wear it anytime, anywhere. Whenever I feel like it really. I've had no problems wearing it in the summer heat.

Got an unused sample: frankly, I have no idea. I guess during wintertime in not very formal occasions, in which heavy fragrances are a no - no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    This has been one I have wanted for a while. Back a few years ago most Basenoters rated it very high I just don't hear about as often now.
    Off topic: It is called hype, and it is part of BNs lore.

I am trying which are the present day versions of Knize 10, LDDM and Encre Noir.

L'Air du Desert Marocain is one of my all time favorites. I'd be a bit cautious about where I'd wear something like Tauer's Lonestar Memories... that sucker's not kidding around. But I find that LDDM is pretty easy to wear. In fact, the only time I wouldn't wear it is either on a first date or on an occasion when something else would work better (which seems pretty obvious). In other words, I have no reservations or hesitations about LDDM, and I've never gotten any negative feedback about it. I find it to be surprisingly versatile, both in terms of weather and activities. It's dry enough (dusty enough?) for summers yet rich enough for winters. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

OH! Wait... I do have one negative thing to say about LDDM: The cap on my bottle doesn't fit properly. It's way whoa way too tight! It's so tight that I stopped using it because I was afraid I might break the sprayer off. TOO. FRIGGIN'. TIGHT. WHOA. The bottle is magnificent of course. LOVE those Tauer bottles. (if you happen to see this Andy... dude! Hook a brother up with a can that fits! Please?)

As if I haven't made it clear enough, I think LDDM is outstanding. It truly is a work of art and I always enjoy wearing it.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th November 2013 at 02:47 AM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I'd wear it when I feel like it, but I dont like it. I don't like to wear strong amber.

Great fragrance but I don't really recognize myself in it. And that's somewhat imperative if I'm going to wear a fragrance. Always a good thing to ask: do you really recognize yourself in the fragrance you're wearing? Most of the time it's probably no.
    Last edited by pluran; 28th November 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I don't think it's got a designated time/place but it might be cloying in the middle of summer heat. As badarun pointed out, you have to go kind of light on it though as it's brutally strong.

I've been on the fence on this scent for some time now and can't quite figure out why. It's the only Tauer I actually seem to like, but very dependent on mood.
    Dijou'like LoneStar Memories?

I found they shared the base DNA that makes up the two.

Au contraire, since you like Cuir Mauresque, I think you personally would love l'Air du Desert Marocain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post

Off topic: It is called hype, and it is part of BNs lore.
    In this case I think its because at the time it was popular, everyone got it, enjoyed it and moved on.
    Plus its been released a while now. Those same people are exploring other venues.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

I didn't like that one at all But at least I knew that I didn't like it, which is more than I can say for LdDM!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I tell ya...Im sitting here on my couch and I can catch a whiff of it earlier this morning...This stuff lasts and lasts for sure...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    FSU- cool
    I feel weird about wearing Duc De Vervins in public..
    it's 2 macho for me but I kinda like it so I just wear it around the house..

P.S.- Such a shame with your QB
    yea, I agree...I wish they would either charge him or move on but I do understand there is a quarterback's livelihood and a potential "victim's" credibility in the hands of the State Attorney....If he did indeed rape her, then I totally support throwing him in jail and punishing him to the fullest extent of the law...I have no tolerance for that behavior regardless of how great our QB is or if he is ruining his chance for the Heisman...But I will tell ya, Tony, I have seen some very troubling conflicting information that really makes it look like a "witch-hunt" more than an actual rape....A lot of stuff you won't see on ESPN or ESPN.com which is pretty much crucifying him before they have heard and seen all the evidence...A lot of stuff that just doesn't make sense to me and if she did DELIBERATELY ruined a QB's reputation and ability to play in the national championship because she wanted to get back at Winston (because he had a girlfriend), I think she should EQUALLY be punished which should include jail time....You just don't do that kinda thing to people...If it was consensual sex, which I believe it was, then say it is...Yelling rape and it wasnt really rape to me is just as bad as actual rape...It's wrong and hopefully we should get an answer in a couple of weeks...Read some stuff on tomahawknation.com to get the OTHER side instead of relying on ESPN...The media hasnt helped the matter whatsoever....Just a suggestion...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't like that one at all But at least I knew that I didn't like it, which is more than I can say for LdDM!
    Me neither...Lucky Scent sent me a sample of LoneStar Memories and I almost barfed....It was AWFUL....LIke this alcohol, licorice thing going on....didnt get THAT one from Tauer at all....LDDM, to me, is probably the best in the line...

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

I know you weren't asking me, but here's my $oo.o2 anyway. Don't try to cash it in for more than it's worth

They both wear like a Tauer scent, but I didn't find them too similar beyond that. I like Lonestar Memories, but I find it challenging to wear. It wears me! And I get the sense that it's disappointed. Perhaps I'm not badass enough for Lonestar Memories! I spent years living in Texas, so I definitely have lonestar memories, but they smell nothing like LM, other than the smoke. MMmmmmm... there was a barbecue joint near where I lived (OF COURSE!!!) and I walked past it all the time. Oh, the smell of hickory smoke in the morning. MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! Anyway... LM is a like, but it's so challenging. LDDM wears like an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain is one of my all time favorites. I'd be a bit cautious about where I'd wear something like Tauer's Lonestar Memories... that sucker's not kidding around. But I find that LDDM is pretty easy to wear. In fact, the only time I wouldn't wear it is either on a first date or on an occasion when something else would work better (which seems pretty obvious). In other words, I have no reservations or hesitations about LDDM, and I've never gotten any negative feedback about it. I find it to be surprisingly versatile, both in terms of weather and activities. It's dry enough (dusty enough?) for summers yet rich enough for winters. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

OH! Wait... I do have one negative thing to say about LDDM: The cap on my bottle doesn't fit properly. It's way whoa way too tight! It's so tight that I stopped using it because I was afraid I might break the sprayer off. TOO. FRIGGIN'. TIGHT. WHOA. The bottle is magnificent of course. LOVE those Tauer bottles. (if you happen to see this Andy... dude! Hook a brother up with a can that fits! Please?)

As if I haven't made it clear enough, I think LDDM is outstanding. It truly is a work of art and I always enjoy wearing it.
    OMG I was going to say that about the cap too ! Its AWFUL ! Can't get it off and it worries me that I'm going to break the sprayer...Definitely a negative for LDDM...

Yeah. I debated trying to sand the inside of that wooden cap to get it to fit, but instead, I quit using it.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    OMG I was going to say that about the cap too ! Its AWFUL ! Can't get it off and it worries me that I'm going to break the sprayer...Definitely a negative for LDDM...
    Same here. I've found that if you twist the cap as you're taking it off, it comes off much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Yeah. I debated trying to sand the inside of that wooden cap to get it to fit, but instead, I quit using it.
    Guess it would be easier to just leave the cap off...

Definitely not (actually, I struggle to think of a men's only sort of scent).

I did own a bottle, and I liked it, but I had a similar problem - just never felt like wearing it. It is really distinctive and in your face. Finally gave it up.

Hedonist, I don't know how you remember what we all like, but I appreciate that you do. Thanks for the pov

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Same here. I've found that if you twist the cap as you're taking it off, it comes off much easier.
    I just use my teeth.

NO!!!! ...he says with a grin... Oh muh gawd, I would love to smell LDDM on a woman. It's neither masculine nor feminine, but I wouldn't call it unisex either. At least, not in the sense of walking the line between masculine and feminine. To my nose, it's unisex in the sense that it doesn't smell like a gender. I think it's marvelous, and somewhat mysterious.

- - - Updated - - -

I just use my teeth.
    Awe, come on. Are you trying to say I've been doing it wrong this whole time?! Way to make me feel like a total noob, man. Thanks.

[You have to admit, that's a better response than the all too easy "That's what SHE said."]
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th November 2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: ...that's what SHE said. LOL.

L'Air du Désert Marocain is a fantastic scent - I keep it in regular rotation.

I agree with the bottle/cap issue - the cap's too tight, and the two little rubber bands that are supposed to keep it in place have gone loose on my bottle, as the cap just doesn't fit. Major design flaw, very annoying, they really should change that.

"When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?"

Whenever i damn well please! I wear it often! Its actually one of my most complimented perfume...no surprise to me. Absolute masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    "When do you wear Tauer's LDDM?"

Whenever i damn well please! I wear it often! Its actually one of my most complimented perfume...no surprise to me. Absolute masterpiece!
    Off topic - Every time I see your user name a voice yells in my head "Come on you ****, lets have some Aphex acid" and I feel compelled to read whatever you have posted...

lol

I don't find LDDM particularly difficult to wear. I really like it and wear it to work whenever the mood strikes.