Code of Conduct

Default What's your current stance on

Axe body sprays? A big nono? A few are OK in moderation? There's nothing wrong with them at all?
    I like the smell of some(Anarchy, Dark Temptation, Clix, and Excite), but I'm torn as to whether or not they belong
    in my fragrance wardrobe. Also, I think several, if not many, tried to copy the big hits of the designer world which is
    a bit shady to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your current stance on

they are ok to wear around the house..
    air freshener or to spray on bed sheets..

On some people it's better then nothing for sure.

Speaking for myself not keen on them.
    (902)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Not bad. Just not for me.

Basenotes Junkie

I lived in Argentina for 2 years and Axe was there before it hit the US…it was the only "deodorant" I could find for a while so it just makes me think of covering up BO. They are good for what they are, but I'm not a big fan.

Never tried any of them, but can't say it hasn't crossed my mind a time or two....but can't imagine them being any better than the frags I own now so I continually pass over them. I did enjoy the Fragrance Bros. Daver who posted a why NOT to use these video on their Youtube channel.

Don't care for Axe products like my kids do.

I have a bottle for the gym but wouldn't wear it on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I lived in Argentina for 2 years and Axe was there before it hit the US…it was the only "deodorant" I could find for a while so it just makes me think of covering up BO. They are good for what they are, but I'm not a big fan.
    Should have tried Dove classic. Before Dove Men was launched, it was worn by guys who wanted an antiperspirant with almost no smell at all. Personally, that is what I do when I run out of the bars I use that are not available down here and I have to get from the USA.

As to Axe, they replicate well known fragrances (Gottlieb, the nose behind Axe's range of deodorants, is hired for that), but someone in BN did a calculation based on sprays needed and package content and in these terms (price / content ratio) it is more expensive than buying original scents, more even so if you are not that picky and buy them at on-line perfume stores.

I forgot: time ago I got two cans of Axe Musk for free. I used them after training: I took a shower and then I applied it. I loved the smell, but it was fleeting. Besides the fact that the two cans were gone in no time. Thus I never got the campaign showing users how to (over) spray.
    Last edited by Pollux; 28th November 2013 at 12:42 AM.

The ones I've sampled aren't that bad, but I'm "out of the demographic," as marketing people say. I'd wear them now and then, but I'm kind of terrified of the idea of someone spotting me as an Axe-wearer. I'm sure this stuff works well for somebody. Not for me, though.

Some smell better than a lot of the fragrances I have endured over the last 2 years. But I think they make better air fresheners - and they do quite well at that.

They are fine for the gym or if you are in junior high school....

Honestly, they are OK for what they are, but there are so many better options out there.

Basenotes Member

My 23 year old brother still swears by them for some reason (I'm trying to get him to switch to cologne), and I think that they are god awful. It could be because I was nearly choked out in 6-8th grade from the gallons used by other students. I would rather go for a cheaper cologne for a room freshener, but it works/smells fine to you, I see no problem as long as you don't bathe in the stuff.

Blog Entries

I have about a half dozen because I like the smell and I study their similarities to designer fragrances that I really like. I rarely wear them. I was pretty keen on Dark Temptation for a while, however.

I kinda like the new one, Apollo. I liked Kilo & Phoenix for a while too but not so much anymore. Just don't overspray and it's all good.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

personally not a fan. not a thing about expense or class. i just dont like how they smell

Good rip offs, I tend to notice them permeate the air in the gym clothes cabinet. I'm not keen, however they really do the job - that is, they rip off frags and rip them good.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

They are ok if used appropriately. Some of them actually smell pretty darn good, if you catch a fleeting whiff from a distance. But due to their poorer longevity, clueless users tend to over-spray in the mistaken belief it will prolong the scent. That's when the nails start running across the chalkboard.

I had one axe spray several years ago and I never bought one again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I had one axe spray several years ago and I never bought one again lol.
    Same. Also Adidas.

I wonder how often I smell sweet Lynx, as it is called here, on people, thinking it's A*men, Play or something similar.

I guess the general feeling on Axe for basenoters is "pass".

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    I guess the general feeling on Axe for basenoters is "pass".
    Rather than a "pass", "there are more interesting things around, just explore them".

I have to be careful wearing Axe/Lynxx deodorant because of the effect it has on women. (See Below)

I may spray a bit down my trousers occasionally

Ha, guess the same goes for

Basenotes Plus

Body sprays like the plastic bottles of bath n body works is fine, but I'm not spraying anything that comes out of a can. I used axe once, the smell was ok, but the pressurized mist that came out was horrible, like spraying air freshener

It's funny how they somewhat secretly try to appeal to the black demographic with their choice of names like Apollo, Black Chill, Africa, and the funniest.....Jet.

As unusual as it may sound, I'd actually like to see some of the Axe scent notes (especially the ones in discontinued product lines like Chypre, Cedar, Aztec/Inca etc.) bottled and marketed at least in EDT strength.

I'm "out of the demographic" also, but my teenage daughter jokes that Axe and the like are useful as a douchebag marker. She's half-joking, of course, but half not.

They're good for what they are if you don't have a sense of fragcomm....this is better then nothing to the general populace but if you have a rotation an a abbot fume head , then there's no room for it ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "