Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie and fitch fierce

Is there a difference between both these versions ?

310DKn7YziL._SY300_.jpg

VS

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Regards.
    Last edited by fraghead93; 29th November 2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Realized the 2nd photo was the same, posting new photo which the seller is offering for sale.

Default Re: Abercrombie and fitch fierce

Just the packaging.

Not that I'm aware of.

Same juice. Also, that back sticker with male torso easily comes off, so I now have a third type of packaging - a clear minimalistic bottle with just some writing on it

Does anyone know if AF maybe plans to stop spraying this stuff in stores? I want this to become wearable again some day, LMAO!
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Diferent colours of the cap, could indicate different formulations ?

- - - Updated - - -

The seller claims he took off the sticker.
    Would this bottle resemble a bottle of fierce with its sticker taken off ?

Also, what version are people referring to when they say this has low-
    moderate projection and longevity ?
    I thought it's foghorn projection and longevity, gave it a bad name.

Am i getting something wrong ?

Yes, it now comes with a black cap and it would look like the image you have without the sticker. The only thing is that the juice in my bottle seems perfectly clear while the one pictured is kinda tinted...
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Same juice. Also, that back sticker with male torso easily comes off, so I now have a third type of packaging - a clear minimalistic bottle with just some writing on it

Does anyone know if AF maybe plans to stop spraying this stuff in stores? I want this to become wearable again some day, LMAO!
    LOL!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Voile de Jasmin by Bulgari

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

That's funny!
    (956)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes, it now comes with a black cap and it would look like the image you have without the sticker. The only thing is that the juice in my bottle seems perfectly clear while the one pictured is kinda tinted...
    I've had new bottles with a yellowish tint in the past so i don't think that is anything to be concerned about.

The only time it was reformulated (the only difference i can smell anyway) is where they stopped the red box and red 'FIERCE' letters on the bottle. It only came in a 1 oz and a 1.7 oz bottle.

So how would you'll rate the projection/longevity
    Of the version the seller has for sale, he's offering
    This bottle for 54$

It's gonna last and last and project great on you. The current stuff (the bottle he's selling) is just completely linear and it gets boring but the compliments never stop.

Dependent

Yep, biggest compliment getter I have worn! Jjust can't bring myself to wear it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current favorites:
    1. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    2. Peety by O'Driu
    3. M by Puredistance
    4. Vikt by Slumberhouse
    5. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    6. Spice & Wood by Creed
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Unless it comes in red packaging and has no lines on the cap, the juice will likely be the same. This is an example: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...290_AA290_.jpg

These are the bottles they produced when the scent was first released in 2002. I still have a bottle of it in my cabinet and the juice they sell today is noticeably different, without question. It's much spicier and has less of the citrus they load it up with now.
    Splits!

Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

Thank you all for your replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Unless it comes in red packaging and has no lines on the cap, the juice will likely be the same. This is an example: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...290_AA290_.jpg

These are the bottles they produced when the scent was first released in 2002. I still have a bottle of it in my cabinet and the juice they sell today is noticeably different, without question. It's much spicier and has less of the citrus they load it up with now.
    Hello there,

The reason i'm buying fierce is because i want a projection & longevity monster wtih
    atleast 8-10 hours of longevity and being noticed when I'm wearing it.

Does the version I plan on buying meet my requirements and perform well ?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Thank you all for your replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there,

The reason i'm buying fierce is because i want a projection & longevity monster wtih
    atleast 8-10 hours of longevity and being noticed when I'm wearing it.

Does the version I plan on buying meet my requirements and perform well ?

Regards.
    Yep! You shouldn't be concerned about with projection and longevity with Fierce.

It lasts, projects and lingers forever on your skin and clothes.

I remember working there back in my early college years and leaving there just absolutely reeking of Fierce.

I ended up hating the scent for a few years because of just smelling it all the time but i'm coming back around to it lol.

I posted this in a thread before about Fierce but here is the old, original formula that is lightyears better than the current offering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Abercrombie-...item5d453a3c74

Bump

I just got a sample of this because of the hype from reviews on Fragrantica. But it smells like a cheap axe/lynxx fragrance, I don't get it.

lol..... All those reviews of women been driven crazy from the smell. I don't think this is good enough to even use as a air freshener in the bathroom let alone a personal fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Bump

I just got a sample of this because of the hype from reviews on Fragrantica. But it smells like a cheap axe/lynxx fragrance, I don't get it.

lol..... All those reviews of women been driven crazy from the smell. I don't think this is good enough to even use as a air freshener in the bathroom let alone a personal fragrance.
    I actually love this fragrance and is my daily scent. If 95% of women love it than Fierce is doing something right. It's also still one of the if not the top selling men's fragrance. But to each their own. That's why there's millions of different fragrances for everyone to enjoy.

My bottle looks exactly like this one, even the juice is kinda light green. Don't worry, it's the real deal.

Bump

Where did you get a sample?

I'm willing to bet you got a watered down version or a decant from a bottle thats been sitting under lights.

It's very linear but I'm glad it doesn't change... Give it a few wearings!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Where did you get a sample?

I'm willing to bet you got a watered down version or a decant from a bottle thats been sitting under lights.

It's very linear but I'm glad it doesn't change... Give it a few wearings!
    I got the sample off ebay and it does not smell off just generic. Also it does have very good longevity which usually dissipates early if the sample had been watered down. I just think it's a case of been caught up in the hype machine and it just not meeting expectations.

Bump

You can't judge Fierce by spraying a sample on your arm and smelling it up close. You need to wear Fierce. Give it a full application and do something. Walk around. Go shopping. Go to a bar and drink a beer. Fierce shines in the sillage, projection and the whafts you will get when you move around. There is no point in dissecting this fragrance up close. To me, this smells so much better than any axe/lynx product on the market. I always apply 2 sprays. Sometimes, I can't smell anything. Other times, it's a nuke and I feel I'm gassing out people. Probably because of the Iso E Super. I love this fragrance and I can say that the hype is true. Weird things have happened when I wear this fragrance, and I'm not the kind of guy that gets a lot of compliments. It sounds unbelievable but I was stopped in the street by a young girl. When I take public transportation, women have been staring at me while I wear this (remember, 2 small sprays, not mr-way-too-much-cologne-wearer). Female cashiers have been leaning over to smell me and not in the most subtle way. An African girl at my university inhaled deeply as if she smelled God himself when I walked by and kept making eye contact. The most scary thing is actually my mothers reaction when she smells this on me. Just ridiculous. I love my LDDM, I'll never be without Kouros, but I will certainly never be without Fierce. Shake off the stupid brand, ignore the ridiculous marketing and enjoy the creation made by Christophe Laudamiel and Bruno Jovanovic. Mont Blanc calls it a legend for a reason.

That is a very impassioned response you must like this one very much. Ok I will give the scent it's due with proper wearings, well at least with what I can get from my sample.

Just a thought though about the responses you are getting from the opposite sex. Maybe the image of the store and that of the smell been pumped through the air con at the mall everywhere may with it's popularity have a contributing factor.

Here in the UK it's pretty much unknown with no trendy store image associations.

To me it smells pretty close to Memoir and I do like the latter a lot.

That is a very impassioned response you must like this one very much. Ok I will give the scent it's due with proper wearings, well at least with what I can get from my sample. Just a thought though about the responses you are getting from the opposite sex. Maybe the image of the store and that of the smell been pumped through the air con at the mall everywhere may with it's popularity have a contributing factor. Here in the UK it's pretty much unknown with no trendy store image associations.
    Oh, you will love this reply, Jack. Fierce only works in countries where there is no association with trendy stores. Fierce gets bashed to death by Americans because of bad associations with teenagers and A&F. The fragrance and the brand are completely unknown where I live. All I can smell in the big shopping malls is the sickening stench of sharp sport fragrances, which is not even close to Fierce. You're turning it all upside down! lol

Lol... Last time I had a response like this someone was trying to sell me magic beans..... I will give the scent it's due and give it a few wearings. Cheers!

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Lol... Last time I had a response like this someone was trying to sell me magic beans..... I will give the scent it's due and give it a few wearings. Cheers!
    Jack both my sons received this from their girlfriends a couple of years ago. I don't mind it all either. But it seems this is a winner for younger ladies to smell on their main squeezes.