Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 30 November 2013

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Violette Fumee - Mona di Orio (from a sample).

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 30 November 2013

Ambre Sultan by SL. Have a great Saturday!

Incense Rose by Andy Tauer

Good morning!

L'Eau Lente for the first snow of the year!

Have a nice Saturday!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l'm wearing Sheer Obsession for work on this cold, sunny day.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all. Prada Candy.
    DONNA

Foustie, are you and yours all right?

Kalli, that person you are looking for with Petit Cherie was none else than Mimi.

Elizrj, get your niece a set of Jo Malone fragrance samples -- she can mix and match to her heart's content. It would not be particularly cheap, but the plan is to raise the level of her fragrance awareness, they said? Another option, more age-specific, will be Demeter 1 oz bottles -- get her some florals, citrus, gourmands. And, finally, my favorite -- I would love to have it as a gift myself -- 6 or 8 Pacifica Solid Perfumes -- they come in cute little tins and the design of each is pure pleasure for the eyes, and their selection is also great: Coconut, Citrus, Fruit (I have and enjoy their Hawaiian Ruby Guava), Spices, Woods, Incense, lots more. If you order directly from their site, it is free shipping on orders over $50, and while you are on it, get yourself some votive candles ($14 for a pack of 6) in Mexican Cocoa. Also, while checking Pacifica on Amazon (nah, go directly through their site!), I found these for movie buffs (LOL): http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_be...R&node=3760911

PG 18 Cadjmere.
    Last edited by Twolf; 30th November 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance for me today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 30 November 2013

Jicky
    Eau de Toilette

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello ladies, you all have a gorgeous weekend!
    ,,,N° 5, vintage (80´s) EDT

Blog Entries

Thank-you, everyone for the birthday wishes, I am traveling and it made my day so special!
    I am in my favorite "Caron-French ​Can-Can". Big surprise!
    Ipp, How is the "Violette Fumé"? I must try that one.

Chemise Blanche by LM Parfums
    (972)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th November 2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

SL Amber Sultan from Schilling, the sweetheart!

Major lemming now.

Honey is home, kid is back on antibiotics, leaves are raked, pie is in the oven, Mom's doing better but still driving my sister crazy, nephew got hired on by the local fire department (yeah!) & niece is working at LUSH.

And how was your Thanksgiving?
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

RHM, that all sounds pretty good. Probably better than raking the kid, your honey working at Lush, the pie on antibiotics, your nephew in the oven, and you mom getting hired by the fire department. Any hope yet that Mom will move out and save Sis’s sanity?

Little pat on the fanny to Tdem for nice words on FB.

Wasn't feeling an attraction to any particular fragrance this morning, but I put on Bois des Iles anyway, and it’s starting to work its magic.

Our new Woodman’s grocery store regularly puts out 99˘ bags of produce that’s on the precipice of over-ripeness—these must be something like 2-gallon-size plastic bags. Sometimes you get a lot of one thing, sometimes it’s a mixed lot. This week we got 30 beautiful avocados for 99˘; last week it was a bag of tomatoes. Today we’re having grilled cheddar sandwiches heavily packed with tomato and avocado. Yum.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

queen of the universe

Edited: I should add that I chose Amarige splash to blot out the lingering gasoline smell on my hands—it almost works!

I dressed up to make a late appearance at synagogue, complete with Secret de Venus bath oil dabbed on the collar of my late mom's mink—and ran out of gas (let that be a lesson to me!). A kind neighbor with a gas can bailed me out blocks from home—I owe her some Mitchell's chocolates and soon!

Home safe, I'm in Amarige to chase the clouds away—actual, not metaphorical. The weather is dreary.

P1040057.jpg

amarigemini.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Original Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

Hi, everyone. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

A very belated Happy Birthday to Mike and Kumquat!

Wearing Tom Ford Plum Japonais today.

Twolf/Elizrj, Jo Malone or Pacifica seem like good ideas. Are you dropping Christmas hints, Twolf?. Underlining that you want Pacifica?. I have only tried one or two Pacifica fumes I think.

Sotd, No. 5 Eau Premiere.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Thank you so much Twolf! I think those are brilliant suggestions. Especially since she loves to mix and match. I suppose I could buy her a lot of Jo Malone samples and then maybe the pacifica too. I'm going to run off and look at that!

Kalli, you smell lovely! That's one of my favorite bottles that honestly doesn't get enough play.

Kiliwia, how do you like that one? I thought I had a sample from Chicago but I guess not.

Quarry, you just made me seriously hungry. I never considered avocado and tomato on a grilled cheese but I'm seriously hungry for one now.

RHM, I'd love to try that Ambre Sultan, and so glad things are well with your family.

I'm wearing MDCI Ambre Topkapi today. It definitely strikes me as a masculine out of the bottle. But as it's warming up it's becoming less so.

Blog Entries

Vintage Shalimar PDT this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all, hoping your weekend is full of lovely! I'm sampling Joy today.

elizrj and Quarry - me hungry too!
    I'm ended up in Animas Dulcis today, great for the cold weather, buttery, spicy hot goodness
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hi, lucas! I hope you've been well

RHM, so glad things are sorting themselves out. And in you're in one of my favorite ambers, so things can't be all bad Have you tried Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114? If you're enjoying the Sultan, you might enjoy the HdP, too. That's another of my faves.

Oddly, I haven't found myself in much of an amber mood yet this fall/winter. This year it seems to be all about the woody fragrances, plus patchouli, and, of course, vanilla. Interesting.

Speaking of woody fragrances, Twolf, you smell *wonderful*! In fact, we were cross-lemming today -- I wore your Profumum Dambrosia How does Dambrosia dry down on you? I really like everything but the dry-down; it settles into a white musk on me, and ever since my unfortunate migraine/white musk experience, I haven't been able to do white musk.

Well, one of the new "cost-saving" initiatives starts at work in a couple of weeks -- that HORRIBLE, intrusive animal called Bring Your Own Device. Yep, that's right. No more work-supplied Blackberries. Now we get a $25/month stipend and have to use our own smart phone for work stuff (using a security-approved VPN app). I was supremely ticked until I realized that if I added a new line to my mobile plan, I could get a new phone and maintain some very necessary work-life separation. So that's what I did today, and I have to say, that biometric home button the Apple 5S is *slick*.

Hope everyone's had a good day!

I was twins with Twolf today in Tam Dao with some Cadjmere on top For tonight, I have put on, yet again, Havana Vanille. Enjoying a wonderful Elton John concert on PBS - a real blast from the past. I love Elton John, he was my first crush

ExtremeK, it is more sandalwood on me than musk, really. There is that warm smooth retro aura about the whole thing, and even bits of musk that I get at the very end are tolerable for me. I tried many, I promise, and this one was sort of not too butch and interesting, plus it lasts all day. I do not know, I have not found anything better this season. Sorry.

Also, how ridiculous is that new incentive BYOD at work, not only it is ludicrous, it is also plain distasteful. Of course it is easy for me to say, so safely cocooned in my little world without all that new corporate faddism (do you believe that I have never texted in my life? I also do not know the difference between iPod and iPad, is there any?). I am also allergic to expertise of that sort, I thought. I start itching. Sorry again.
    E.Coudray Fetiche.