Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Caron Sniff-Fest

Oh, that's exciting! Which one do you plan to try, if I could ask (curious )?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tabac Blond pure purfume. Which ones have you tried?
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Blog Entries

Default A Caron Sniff-Fest

Oh, you will love it, I think. That's the first one I bought. I am in love with French Can Can, it is great if you like an ambery floral. I also have a flacon of En Avion. It is all leather and neroli on a carnation base. Some really like Acasiosa, but that one was too sour for my taste. A tart pineapple. I already have vintage Nocturnes, Nuit de Noel, L'Infini & Narcisse Noir, ​all beautiful, of course.

I forgot Poivre, a spicy carnation. I got a flacon of parfum on EBay. Quite nice. Origin unknown.
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd December 2013 at 09:02 PM.

You have no idea how much I want to try French Can Can and now I am lusting after En Avion. Suzan told me that once you purchase a flacon, it costs less to refill it. Thank you so much for the info. I cannot wait to try the Tabac Blond!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Hi, kumquat. Trying to sort out how to proceed on the Caron front. I now have FBs of Accord 119 EdP, En Avion EdP, Nocturnes EdT and Bellodgia EdT, but I'm disappointed in the projection and longevity. Of course, these are the USA versions. Do you think the French versions are markedly better in these respects? I'm also interested in Nuit de Noel and Narcisse Noir. If I order from Phytouniverse would I be getting the USA versions or the French? jujy54, also, what's your experience? My fella's interested in L'Anarchiste and we're trying to decide how to buy in the future. Perhaps I should be seeking extraits? I read back and saw cacio said the edp/edts were pale shades of the extraits. [An extrait is the same as a parfum for Caron?]

Didn't have a chance to consider this because my other half bought as soon as I mentioned liking a perfume. [Not a bad trait in a guy, true!]. However, now we're doubtful about USA Carons.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Oh, you will love it, I think. That's the first one I bought. I am in love with French Can Can, it is great if you like an ambery floral. I also have a flacon of En Avion. It is all leather and neroli on a carnation base. Some really like Acasiosa, but that one was too sour for my taste. A tart pineapple. I already have vintage Nocturnes, Nuit de Noel, L'Infini & Narcisse Noir, ​all beautiful, of course.

I forgot Poivre, a spicy carnation. I got a flacon of parfum on EBay. Quite nice. Origin unknown.

queen of the universe

Extrait = parfum (or perfume) in fragrance talk.
    My sole phytouniverse purchase is the Acaciosa extrait, in the splash (dab, really!) bottle. It is exactly as the sample Larimar sent me, which would be the European, and it says France on the bottle. The Infini is vintage extrait.

I don't know what to say about sillage/projection, altho generally it's the extraits that stay closer to the skin as they have less alcohol, which is, of course, volatile. Not sure I buy the supposed USA v French version disparities. IIRC, Caron has batch variation issues, not uncommon when natural absolutes are used. otoh, you have a finely tuned nose, moreso than I.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Hi, kumquat. Trying to sort out how to proceed on the Caron front. I now have FBs of Accord 119 EdP, En Avion EdP, Nocturnes EdT and Bellodgia EdT, but I'm disappointed in the projection and longevity. Of course, these are the USA versions. Do you think the French versions are markedly better in these respects? I'm also interested in Nuit de Noel and Narcisse Noir. If I order from Phytouniverse would I be getting the USA versions or the French? jujy54, also, what's your experience? My fella's interested in L'Anarchiste and we're trying to decide how to buy in the future. Perhaps I should be seeking extraits? I read back and saw cacio said the edp/edts were pale shades of the extraits. [An extrait is the same as a parfum for Caron?]

Didn't have a chance to consider this because my other half bought as soon as I mentioned liking a perfume. [Not a bad trait in a guy, true!]. However, now we're doubtful about USA Carons.
    I have Belodgia in vintage parfum (Ebay) there seems to be a lot of it around. If you get some unopened, it is really lovely, although it's a little fussy for my taste. (You have to REALLY like sweet carnations) the En Avion - parfum from France (divine!), Nocturnes is vintage parfum, too.

I dont have have any info on PhytoUniverse​, sorry. I will say that I like getting stuff from Paris because it comes directly from the urns in the boutique. The only reason I'm passing this information on is because a long time ago someone here on BN told me about it and I have enjoyed it ever since. I thought you all might like to know.

queen of the universe

Bergdorf Goodman's erstwhile Caron counter had the urns, and yes, per their website, Phyto Universe has the urns. I bought by phone, and the SA, Diane, is helpful and pleasant.
    Last edited by jujy54; 28th December 2013 at 09:42 PM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

According to the website, PhytoUniverse do have 'Baccarat Fountains' (urns), amongst other things - the pop-up disappears before a screen shot is done, but it's mentioned under the 'Boutiques' tab.
    http://www.phytouniverse.com/index.html
    Last edited by lpp; 28th December 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries

I looked up PhytoUniverse and they appear to be a New York company.

Basenotes Plus

So U.S. members have the choice of purchasing 'urn' fragrances directly from a U.S. source - thanks for the info., jujy54!
    Last edited by lpp; 29th December 2013 at 08:57 AM.