Code of Conduct

Thread: Wardrobe & SOTD

Default Wardrobe & SOTD

Can someone provide a quick explanation of these features of BN? I gather the Wardrobe feature in particular was missed during the dark days of the Huddler regime. (I started here in the Huddler days, and never thought two minutes about making a Wardrobe list).

Anyway, whats the big deal about the BN Wardrobe? How is it superior to just keeping a list of frags in a Word file on the ol' computer? And why do folks bother with SOTD? Does it track your usage or merge with your Wardrobe somehow?

TIA,
    j

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Wardrobe & SOTD

Hi james1051!

A lot of people do keep external lists of their purchases - some of us don't so it's great having it here as a reference whilst using the site and also provides a quick link to the various products & the SOTD feature.
    If discussing something, it may have helpful notes about the particular version owned.

It's also useful having the lists here so that other people can see the sorts that you (or they) might like if you do any private sample swaps with other members or ask for recommendations, etc.
    I've found it useful in reminding me to wear things that might otherwise be overlooked!
    Where did that bottle go?...
    Or reminding myself that something has actually been sampled, is on the next batch of samples to order, etc.

There must be other reasons, so others will probably remind us later.

There's a fun random 'pick me something to wear' feature - although it seems to have a tendency to suggest my least favourites...and it doesn't change it's mind if pressed twice!

The S.O.T.D. feature does keep track of the numbers of wears/last wear, although it's not up to date from Huddlerville as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi james1051!

A lot of people do keep external lists of their purchases - some of us don't so it's great having it here as a reference whilst using the site and also provides a quick link to the various products & the SOTD feature.
    If discussing something, it may have helpful notes about the particular version owned.

It's also useful having the lists here so that other people can see the sorts that you (or they) might like if you do any private sample swaps with other members or ask for recommendations, etc.
    I've found it useful in reminding me to wear things that might otherwise be overlooked!
    Where did that bottle go?...
    Or reminding myself that something has actually been sampled, is on the next batch of samples to order, etc.

There must be other reasons, so others will probably remind us later.

There's a fun random 'pick me something to wear' feature - although it seems to have a tendency to suggest my least favourites...and it doesn't change it's mind if pressed twice!

The S.O.T.D. feature does keep track of the numbers of wears/last wear, although it's not up to date from Huddlerville as yet.
    Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my delayed acknowledgment. I have to set my preferences so I am notified when someone responds.
    I will give the Wardrobe feature a try for a bit.

Basenotes Plus

Great - please let us know what you think - and how you find it!