Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default PK Perfumes Pass part two

I was hoping the old huddler site info would have been integrated by now. Just checking in with you all. We can just continue here

US
    1: Juanderer
    2: SaNielsen
    3: Kalli
    4: Genie Jeanie
    5: Cello
    6:Mimielle
    7: Twolf

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: PK Perfumes Pass part two

I've smelled a couple already - Ere and Red Leather. Notes coming soon.

Glad to see this back.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Paul Kiler

I just sent a private email to Wooznib, with a copy of another private email from easily the world's most famous perfume critic/kingmaker, talking about my fragrances in a complimentary manner, who's hoping to publish about them when he can, on Style.com/Arabia.

I don't feel right making this public, until it IS public, but the note will probably be printed out and included with the Pass around box for all recipients to read. Call me ECSTATIC!!!!!!!! I can hardly contain myself.

As one of my friends said, "Excellent news, Paul. It would have taken some guts to send off samples to **** *****, of all people. That he replied positively just shows how good your stuff is!"

My Day is coming...

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I just sent a private email to Wooznib, with a copy of another private email from easily the world's most famous perfume critic/kingmaker, talking about my fragrances in a complimentary manner, who's hoping to publish about them when he can, on Style.com/Arabia.

I don't feel right making this public, until it IS public, but the note will probably be printed out and included with the Pass around box for all recipients to read. Call me ECSTATIC!!!!!!!! I can hardly contain myself.

As one of my friends said, "Excellent news, Paul. It would have taken some guts to send off samples to **** *****, of all people. That he replied positively just shows how good your stuff is!"

My Day is coming...

PK
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Mega generous sample package no?
    Absolutely!

My jaw fell to the floor when I opened the package. This is the mother of all sample passes.

Looking forward to the note Paul, thanks and congrats.

Off topic a bit- I think I am starting to agree with you on vanilla, PK, I really am not liking that note at all lately! Except Hypnotic Poison..that seems to be one of the few exceptions. I guess I did like 1899 HDP as well. Going to guess there is no or little vanilla in your compositions?
    Last edited by kalli; 3rd December 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Basenotes Plus

My Day is coming...

PK
    Well done, Paul!

Paul Kiler

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Looking forward to the note Paul, thanks and congrats.

Off topic a bit- I think I am starting to agree with you on vanilla, PK, I really am not liking that note at all lately! Except Hypnotic Poison..that seems to be one of the few exceptions. Going to guess there is no or little vanilla in your compositions?

You make me laugh! :-)

Not very much Vanilla. And yet it looks like one of my clients who I am making their line, seems like they are deciding they want a Vanilla frag.
    (It's fun now making fragrances for two other houses on seperate continents...) And so, you know, you gotta give the client what they want... Plus I guess I'll have to learn how to use vanilla better than I do now...

But in my own work, Vanilla is used strictly for support, a subtle warming, when used at all. It would probably be difficult to pull it out and smell it from my Fumes.

But take for instance the chocolate in Violet Chocolatier; - most people probably don't even realize that Vanilla, is a little less than half of the chocolate odor profile. Chocolate is about 40% vanilla, and about 60% cocoa, or maybe some less, depends upon your preferences. Going through the Hershey's Chocolate Plant store/ride/visitor's Center in Hershey PA last winter, I was struck by how much vanillin I smelled in the air that was their odor profile of Chocolate. Violet chocoaltier, has the highest level of Vanilla in all of my work to date...

Hope that you all enjoy the fumes...

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Very interesting, PK, that must be why I am not as into chocolate scents as much lately either. But do want to sniff this Violet Chocolatier..the name alone gets my interest. I do see that there is honey in there..getting more interest. Very interesting that a vanilla frag was requested, but as you said, it will give you more experience with using that note...the vanilla request could be a good thing after all.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to these.

My Day is coming...

PK
    Congratulations PK! I am not part of the pass, but a sample set is going to be heading my way. Can't wait to get my nose on these!

Basenotes Institution

Thank you, wooznib, for resurrecting this thread. Yes, I am still alive and hoping. If any of you needs addresses, I got them all I think.

Keeping fingers crossed for you, PK!

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to your sample set.

My Day is coming...

PK

Well I do have a full set coming wooznib, but I'm happy to join you all by sharing my impressions.

Paul Kiler

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Absolutely!

My jaw fell to the floor when I opened the package. This is the mother of all sample passes.

Too bad there's so little interest in it...

Maybe we should post in the Men's section too?

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Or a giveaway of 200 samples like Fragrantica...
    We want a niche forum.

From my perspective the pass was closed until Wooznib invited me to join, I hadn't realized that it was still open. Perhaps a clarification thread is in order.

There is plenty of room left. This is a massive sample package. My sincerest apologies. With the BN changeover and tday I have been slammed for work travel and such. If you would like in, just say so.. plenty of room and I am sure no one has a problem shuffling around if need be.

I am not in the sample pass group but just would like to share a quick thought on Velvet Curacao, one of some samples that I bought a little while ago.

Gals and guys - its' rich and gorgeous. What a nice and appropriate name for the scent!

Too bad there's so little interest in it...

Maybe we should post in the Men's section too?

PK
    I tried several times ordering a sample pack via your website. Even though Germany is listed my order always got rejected.

Maybe you can figure out a solution for this problem. I'd love to start a sample pass on parfumo.de.

Basenotes Plus

I've had the same thing happen, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Thank you, wooznib, for resurrecting this thread. Yes, I am still alive and hoping. If any of you needs addresses, I got them all I think.

Keeping fingers crossed for you, PK!
    My shipping address has been changed recently, I will pm SaNielsen with the address.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: PK Perfumes Pass part two

Hi Wooz and thanks for resurrecting this. Paul, Kudos and and congrats on your smash success. If possible, I would like to join the pass if it re-opens. Thanks and continued success.
    John aka Easykiller
    Currently wearing: Santal Blush by Tom Ford

Juanderer, did you have a chance to sniff more yet? I want this package already, LOL.

Basenotes Plus

Ok, I shall start with the pre-release version of Dirty Rose Oud Extreme.

It opens with a - ahem - quite dirty rose and oud combo. Shortly after settles into a still skanky though not quite as dirty rose/oud/leathery combo. It projects like a beast in the first few moments and becomes closer to the skin as time goes by. At 7 hours, it is still alive and kicking and it the musk becomes more pronounced. I get a lipstick vibe. It is slightly powdery now, but it remains bitey and animalic. This fragrance keeps its character from beginning opening to dry-down, but it also goes through many different phases in the process.

A truly lovely one, this is.

I'll have to find my notes on Ere and Red Leather. So far, "intense" is the word.

Thanks Juanderer! Hmm, that one does sound intense! Will probably be too much for me, but we shall see. I cannot wait to try the leathers!!!!
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel