Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ever embarrassed to reaveal which fragrance you're wearing if its expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    I'm only embarrassed to reveal my crappy French in these situations. Should wear Italian fragrances more.

Ah, a hidden brag. To make things worse; my Italian isn't that great either.
    I crappily speak the same two! Never you mind. I always brag that I speak perfect Berlitz phrase book in all languages.

Default Re: Ever embarrassed to reaveal which fragrance you're wearing if its expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    It depends on the person. If this is someone who has meager income I don't wanna flaunt the fact that I'm wearing a $700 fragrance. It's off putting and I wouldn't do it. Now, if its one of my buddies, I have no problem telling them how much my fragrances cost because I know that if they like it, they can go out n buy it the same day
    That suggests that someone is coming up to you and saying "You smell great, what are you wearing and how much does it cost?"
    They asked YOU the question. You respond with "It's called Extrait de Unicorn Testes. Its $700 per ML"
    So should you just not wear nice perfume for fear of someone asking you what it is one day?

Quote Originally Posted by rarebear View Post
    I would also say "It was a gift" just leave out, a gift from me to me
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by rarebear View Post
    i hate myself when i lie..
    Just say it's expensive, very expensive...
    I would also say "it was a gift" just leave out, a gift from me to me
    lol!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    That suggests that someone is coming up to you and saying "You smell great, what are you wearing and how much does it cost?"
    They asked YOU the question. You respond with "It's called Extrait de Unicorn Testes. Its $700 per ML"
    So should you just not wear nice perfume for fear of someone asking you what it is one day?
    I wouldn't lie, but the op asked, "would you be embarrassed?" My answer is yes it would make me uncomfortable

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    If I'm asked, I always tell what I'm wearing. In other words, if someone pays me a compliment, I thank them, but if they specifically ask for the name of what I'm wearing, I tell them.
    Ditto. So far, nobody has asked me about prices but I'd probably tell them that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    One of my most highly complimented scents is Curve. Yes, Curve! It's the only thing I own that I dread being asked what it is.

I've always meant to get my nose on Perry Ellis M. I've read so many good things about that one. There are some amazing cheapie bargains to be found.

Oh man, tell me about! Curve is still a huge compliment getter, but more so than people asking me what it is...is how many woman recognize this one that makes me hesitate to wear it much!(hasn't it been long enough they would have long forgot it's smell, apparently nowl?!lol)

And yes, a big thumbs up on Perry Ellis M...got it a couple months back and its simply fantastic juice IMHO!
    Last edited by bigbz; 4th December 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Because perfume is common here, I say what it is. Even mention if i bought it abroad. Completely normal responses.

It got awkward when the bathroom cleaner asked me what I had.

It was Tubereuse Parfum extrait by Caron that cost $500 for 45ml.

I smiled and said Gucci.

for swap/sale:

Default Ever embarrassed to reaveal which fragrance you're wearing if its expensive?

New idea.

Always carry a small decant of things that typically get questions.

When someone falls in love with it, I just happen to have some to share, to defray the cost of my habit.

I fully believe that there are a lot of people, when in that situation, would easily part with $20 for immediate gratification of liquid gold.

I tell people what the names are, but most people around here doesn't know much about niche. I tell them what the fragrance is, and let them figure out about the price and such on their own. Sometimes, I'll say that a particular scent is expensive, and they can always look for a decant. I but a lot of decants myself.

I don't mind telling anyone if I'm asked. I was at my cousin's wedding in the summer and I wore Aventus. Couple of people asked me what I was wearing and I just told them Aventus. I also told them where to buy it. I buy most of my fragrances online but I tell them I buy them retail.

Never, some people know i wear expensive fragrances..none of my colleagues worry about parking a BMW at work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Never, some people know i wear expensive fragrances..none of my colleagues worry about parking a BMW at work!!!
    I also drive a BMW and have the most expensive car at work besides my 2 bosses.