Code of Conduct

Default Just blind bought L'Instant Extreme!

I just called the lovely people at the Guerlain boutique in Canada and blind bought this fragrance legend! I am very excited to receive it! I know this fragrance has been talked about to death, but I just had to share with you guys!

I will let you know what I think as soon as I receive it in 2-3 business days!

Default Re: Just blind bought L'Instant Extreme!

Congrat's as it's a great fragrance especially for the cold weather.

Guerlain Toronto is awesome. I dealt with a super nice rep, I believe it was Baheireh. I think it was around $85 shipped, no tax. Baheireh was generous enough to include several samples of their high end line. Hope you enjoy Extreme as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Guerlain Toronto is awesome. I dealt with a super nice rep, I believe it was Baheireh. I think it was around $85 shipped, no tax. Baheireh was generous enough to include several samples of their high end line. Hope you enjoy Extreme as much as I do.
    That is who I spoke to as well! $80 no tax or shopping! I am very pleased.

Congrats on a wonderful scent!
    (1102)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dude you made a great pick IMO!!! I blind bought a 5ml because I read some posts that scared me a little saying this stuff smelt "mature". No way, this stuff is straight up delicious and classy...liked it WAY more than the DHI sample I also got.

I ab-so-freakin-lutely LOVE this fragrance!!!! My only gripe is that it gives me anosmia and the longevity isn't there for me...bummer. Im sure you will enjoy this one.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Johnny- where you been Bro!!!
    Great scent which I got from a fellow basenoter a month or so or go!!

Congrats! Pretty soon we'll be calling you JonnyL'instant!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    I just called the lovely people at the Guerlain boutique in Canada and blind bought this fragrance legend! I am very excited to receive it! I know this fragrance has been talked about to death, but I just had to share with you guys!

You're gonna love it!

I was able to get my bottle for $55 from the Canada boutique.. but only because I bought Tonka Imperial, Cuir Beluga, and SDV the in the order a week before, haha.

ENJOY!

Blog Entries

Congrats! It's really a great fragrance. I sold my bottle last year, and (as usual) now regret it. Oh well. The price sounds good too.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

You guys are making me too excited!

Tried this recently expecting it not to excite me much, but was pretty impressed. I love DHI too but these don't smell similar at all to me.

I think you'll be very happy

This was a blind buy for me too. I was slightly underwhelmed when I first got it, but I've grown to adore it. Wonderful scent.

I think it's extremely overhyped personally.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Nice fragrance. Purchased from the same rep in Toronto. Also received Tonka Imperial and Double Vanille samples with it. Enjoy.

It's a quality fragrance that's probably not for everyone. I also don't understand the hype surrounding it. I get similarities to Rive Gauche pour homme due to the way the patchouli and anise is done. I actually prefer the original version because it's not as mature smelling (which some may enjoy).

Hopefully it's as Extreme! as you desire

Congrats for your purchase! Hope you enjoy this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's a quality fragrance that's probably not for everyone. I also don't understand the hype surrounding it. I get similarities to Rive Gauche pour homme due to the way the patchouli and anise is done. I actually prefer the original version because it's not as mature smelling (which some may enjoy).
    My man Rich, i know this might be off topic, but everytime you post something about a fragrance and give your thoughts about it, it's like you literally take the words out of my mouth.

This did not happen once or twice, but almost everytime.

That gives me the absolute conclusion that we have the same exact taste. It's good to know my nose got a twin out there !
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I am really taken to this one. Warm and cuddly fragrance for the cooler months. One of my most used in the past month.

Enjoy your oranges with cocoa powder melting over it ..lol
    ...hope you enjoy and please let us know how much you enjoy obviously is more complex then I describe it...great buy....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Becoming one of my alltime faves. Got some nice female compliments last time I wore it, too -- bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's a quality fragrance that's probably not for everyone. I also don't understand the hype surrounding it.
    I blind bought it a while back and was very disappointed...I can smell the quality, but to me I wanted a cocoa prominent frag...and LIDGE, to me, is ALLLLL about Patchouli, with a little cocoa and a tiny bit of orange. If you like Patchouli, then you should love this frag, for me, I was able to trade it a few weeks later and have never looked back. I thought for sure, by how people describe it, that I would love it, but the many many descriptions I have read about this frag are not at all what I smell in this frag.

I hope you love it...just a heads up that it might be different from what you are expecting...hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I blind bought it a while back and was very disappointed...I can smell the quality, but to me I wanted a cocoa prominent frag...and LIDGE, to me, is ALLLLL about Patchouli, with a little cocoa and a tiny bit of orange..
    See, I smell a good deal of cocoa in LIDGE, just enough to keep it beautifully balanced. But, I'm curious now about what you'd recommend that does have more prominent cocoa. I'm interested in smelling more chocolately now

Quote Originally Posted by Uvalde View Post
    See, I smell a good deal of cocoa in LIDGE, just enough to keep it beautifully balanced. But, I'm curious now about what you'd recommend that does have more prominent cocoa. I'm interested in smelling more chocolately now
    Have you tried Anima Dulcis? It's got an awesome cocoa note that lasts all the way through. It's a fantastic frag. Also, Montale's Chocolate Greedy is all chocolate all the time. It's good, but it gets a little cloying to me. To be honest, I'm still in search of the perfect cocoa centric frag, but Anima Dulcis is the closest thing I've found...I don't know why I want something a little different from Anima Dulcis...but it's almost there for me...just not quite.

I blind bought from the Toronto boutique as well, and am totally in love with this fragrance. It is outstanding in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    My man Rich, i know this might be off topic, but everytime you post something about a fragrance and give your thoughts about it, it's like you literally take the words out of my mouth.

This did not happen once or twice, but almost everytime.

That gives me the absolute conclusion that we have the same exact taste. It's good to know my nose got a twin out there !
    Anytime my friend and I'll be looking out for you posts as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I blind bought it a while back and was very disappointed...I can smell the quality, but to me I wanted a cocoa prominent frag...and LIDGE, to me, is ALLLLL about Patchouli, with a little cocoa and a tiny bit of orange. If you like Patchouli, then you should love this frag, for me, I was able to trade it a few weeks later and have never looked back. I thought for sure, by how people describe it, that I would love it, but the many many descriptions I have read about this frag are not at all what I smell in this frag.

I hope you love it...just a heads up that it might be different from what you are expecting...hopefully not.
    I swapped you my bottle of Virgin Island Water for it last year. Lol...Kept it for a couple months and had to swap it out for something else. I should have kept the VIW. Lol...

I also agree that it's an overdose of patchouli. The cocoa is there, but I would say it's the secondary note. The problem is that patchouli often smells like cocoa, so it can be confusing too. Dior Homme Intense on the other hand is cocoa for its primary note in my opinion. I think it's 100000 times better.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

That is who I spoke to as well! $80 no tax or shopping! I am very pleased.
    What size did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    What size did you get?
    Only one size for this fragrance, 75ml.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Only one size for this fragrance, 75ml.
    Thanks! My guess was 75ml as well. Didn't know it came in only one size.

Wow. Oh my God. Words cannot explain how heart-achingly beautiful this fragrance is. I really hope all of you have had that feeling where a fragrance doesn't just smell "good", or "great", or even "amazing". But when a fragrance truly elicits an emotional response and takes you to another place. THIS is art and THIS is why we obsessed with this hobby.

I have owned the EDT L'Instant before, and I must give my opinion: There is no comparison. LIDGE is in a whole other tier. Is L'Instant EDT an amazing fragrance? Yes! But that tells you how great LIDGE is.

Now, is this better than Dior Homme Intense? I want to give a resounding "yes", but for the sake of not making an impulse statement, I will hold off on that for a second.

Guerlain also provided me with 2 samples: Bois d'Armenie and Cuir Beluga. I cannot wait to try them as well! Has anyone had any experience with these 2 fragrances? If so, let me know what you think! I will try them tomorrow maybe. For today, I only want to smell L'Instant Extreme <3

I hope you'll love this wonderful fragrance...and if not, I'm willing to buy it from you as I just used the last of my large decant!

Glad you like Jonny, I still get that wow factor when I wear it. Great fragrance!

Hey Jonny, you inspired me to put a healthy dose of this on when I got home last night. You are right, DHI isn't fit to hold LIDGE's jock strap....this stuff just kills it, and the best coaco note around just seems to hang there forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Hey Jonny, you inspired me to put a healthy dose of this on when I got home last night. You are right, DHI isn't fit to hold LIDGE's jock strap....this stuff just kills it, and the best coaco note around just seems to hang there forever!!!
    Slumberhouse Ore kills this one IMO.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Slumberhouse Ore kills this one IMO.
    Oh really?! Man if that's the case, then I really need to make an effort to get my nose on this!(so long as it's not Amouage/Clive Christian pricing )

Wow. Oh my God. Words cannot explain how heart-achingly beautiful this fragrance is. I really hope all of you have had that feeling where a fragrance doesn't just smell "good", or "great", or even "amazing". But when a fragrance truly elicits an emotional response and takes you to another place. THIS is art and THIS is why we obsessed with this hobby.

I have owned the EDT L'Instant before, and I must give my opinion: There is no comparison. LIDGE is in a whole other tier. Is L'Instant EDT an amazing fragrance? Yes! But that tells you how great LIDGE is.

Now, is this better than Dior Homme Intense? I want to give a resounding "yes", but for the sake of not making an impulse statement, I will hold off on that for a second.

Guerlain also provided me with 2 samples: Bois d'Armenie and Cuir Beluga. I cannot wait to try them as well! Has anyone had any experience with these 2 fragrances? If so, let me know what you think! I will try them tomorrow maybe. For today, I only want to smell L'Instant Extreme <3
    I am glad you love it Jonny. LIDGE is really pure class in bottle. My best blind buy and my girlfriend also absolutely loves it. Please, let us know how do you like samples that you received.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

great fragrance one of the best mainstream in these last years

I love it when there is that wow factor.... it has only happened to me a couple of times and lidge was one of them... it just reeks of quality.

Beware the strength on this beast, the first time I wore this one I wasn't aware how strong it was so I sprayed three times before going to the cinema... I think the entire theater could smell me Now I spray once and it works much better... learned my lesson on that one, but then again, if Le male is your signature scent you will be used to this problem!