Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Room Scent of the Day - December 2013

Thanks Hednic...I hope so. She recently purchased Boat House Row from Bath and Body Works (wall flower bulbs) for me, and enjoyed it immensely. Sadly discontinued.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

This morning I am burning an Ecoya Commiphora and Sage candle. Fairly low throw, but a lovely fragrance combination.

Today we are burning Sparkling Cinnamon by Yankee.

Today, my wife decided to burn "Mango Salsa" by Yankee to scent the house.

(2009)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yesterday I was burning Diptyque Oriental Spruce when my uncle stopped by. He asked if I was burning incense. I mostly smell the fir and eucalyptus in it so his comment sort of took me off guard.

I'm going to stick with the AG Noel candles today.

Le Cherche Midi - No.5

My wife is burning Home for the Holidays by Yankee...fitting because my daughter is arriving from California tonight.

- Benjamin Franklin

Tonight the house was filled with "Roquebrune" by Astier De Villatte

(2073)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The selection for today was Ralph Lauren Holiday Spice.

Today we had Joyeux Noel by Frederic Malle burning in our bedroom and Cranberry Peppermint by Yankee burning in the living room.

My wife has chosen "Alger" by Astier De Villatte to fill the house this Christmas Day.

(2095)

My wife lit Sparkling Pine by Yankee to brighten up the living room

- Benjamin Franklin

Today the house is being filled with "Vineyard" by Yankee.

(2148)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Today the house is being filled with "Vineyard" by Yankee.

(XXXX)
    How many Yankee candles does it take to "fill the house" with aroma? I have trouble with a single room being scented with many of their scents, including Vineyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    How many Yankee candles does it take to "fill the house" with aroma? I have trouble with a single room being scented with many of their scents, including Vineyard.
    With Yankee, for our house, we need five of their largest size burning at the same time to adequately get the scent dispersed throughout. For other smaller company size candles like Astier de Villette even more.

(2166)

Russian Nights by Frederic Malle

With Yankee, for our house, we need five of their largest size burning at the same time to adequately get the scent dispersed throughout. For other smaller company size candles like Astier de Villette even more.

(XXXX)
    Sounds like a soot nightmare! I love the ambiance of a burning candle, but after seeing how much soot was collecting in the air filters in my home (and I'm sure my lungs as well!), I stopped burning them except on very rare occasions. Instead, I cut the candles up (or scoop the wax out, depending on how soft it is) and use it in a warmer. Yankee candles were one of the worst soot offenders!

Sounds like a soot nightmare! I love the ambiance of a burning candle, but after seeing how much soot was collecting in the air filters in my home (and I'm sure my lungs as well!), I stopped burning them except on very rare occasions. Instead, I cut the candles up (or scoop the wax out, depending on how soft it is) and use it in a warmer. Yankee candles were one of the worst soot offenders!
    Luckily we have never had that problem.

(2181)

I'm burning Zodax African Mahogany this morning.

Luckily we have never had that problem.

(XXXX)
    I'd love to find the 'soot-free' Yankee candles that you seem to burn...

Instead, I cut the candles up (or scoop the wax out, depending on how soft it is) and use it in a warmer.
    That sounds like a very good solution to your situation.

(2189)

Blog Entries

http://www.thefragrancelamp.com/Fragrance-Lamps_list
    Have you ever tried a fragrance lamp that burns oil? My favorite scent is by Lamp Berger- Charleston.

Heyland & Whittle Winter Spice.

The scent of "Zermatt" by Astier de Villatte is filling our house today.

(2248)

Currently burning Evergreen & Cypress from Sir Elton John by Nest.

evergreen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalOud View Post

evergreen.jpg
    How are the Sir Elton John candles? I've been contemplating a purchase!

evergreen.jpg
    How are the Sir Elton John candles? I've been contemplating a purchase!
    My wife and I would also be interested in knowing.

(2271)

I'm using a room spray from Loree Rodkin today: Gothic IV. It's mostly geranium with patchouli.

Archipelago Bergamot Tobacco.

Today my wife chose "Mango Salsa" - Yankee to scent the house.

(2309)

I enjoy the Sir Elton John candles by Nest.

I like Evergreen & Cypress the best of the 3 fragrances I have tried so far -- Fireside, Cranberry & Pomegranate, and E&C.

I have Mango & White Peach, Moroccan Santal, and the Holiday candle left to try. I have also seen a Hazelnut & Praline fragrance, but that one did not appeal to me.

I have been burning two 8-ounce candles concurrently, and that seems to fill the house.

I think the Fireside candle is also very special, and I enjoy the fragrance very much, but it seems to make my throat hurt when I burn it. It would certainly be worth a sniff, though, if you were to encounter one.

BTW: Some of you may actually be familiar with these candles and fragrances, as I understand that they were once produced by Slatkin and sold at Bath & Body Works. I guess I was not a shopper of BBW at that time, and missed this line, but I am enjoying them by Nest.

Today I am burning Myrrhe by Diptyque.
    Not my favorite fragrance from Diptyque, but it is pleasant and has a great throw.

I like Evergreen & Cypress the best of the 3 fragrances I have tried so far -- Fireside, Cranberry & Pomegranate, and E&C.

I have Mango & White Peach, Moroccan Santal, and the Holiday candle left to try. I have also seen a Hazelnut & Praline fragrance, but that one did not appeal to me.

I have been burning two 8-ounce candles concurrently, and that seems to fill the house.

I think the Fireside candle is also very special, and I enjoy the fragrance very much, but it seems to make my throat hurt when I burn it. It would certainly be worth a sniff, though, if you were to encounter one.

BTW: Some of you may actually be familiar with these candles and fragrances, as I understand that they were once produced by Slatkin and sold at Bath & Body Works. I guess I was not a shopper of BBW at that time, and missed this line, but I am enjoying them by Nest.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these.

(2313)

You've convinced me to purchase a few! I've seen that Hazelnut & Praline too - definitely not my kind of home fragrance!

I'm burning a Zodax Siberian Fir candle today. Description from Gilt.com: fresh balsam and cedar wood blended with aromatic Siberian fir needles.

Default Room Scent of the Day - December 2013

Burning Marron GrillŔ (Roasted Chestnut) by Bougie La Francaise in my sister in law's house.... :

Hednic I do envy your Astier de Villatte collection! I had the chance to smell some of them in Dijon, some days ago and they are great! I liked Stockholm a lot...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I'm burning Nest Bond Street Sandalwood and Sage, and also Scentsational Sage in another room. This "fills the house" as Hednic would say, but I have a small house. Both of these are soy candles, but the Scentsational has a nice throw. I like this combo.

I'm burning Bond No 9 New Haarlem today. Notes: lavender, bergamot, green leaves, coffee, cedarwood, amber, vanilla, tonka, patchouli

The scent and the throw is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    I'm burning Nest Bond Street Sandalwood and Sage, and also Scentsational Sage in another room. This "fills the house" as Hednic would say, but I have a small house. Both of these are soy candles, but the Scentsational has a nice throw. I like this combo.
    Love the Nest Bond Street Sandalwood & Sage!

The selection for today in my home is Ralph Lauren Alpine Coast, which is a poor name considering the notes consist of orange, gingerbread and nutmeg.

Wife is burning Home for the Holidays by Yankee

- Benjamin Franklin

Some lime-scented room candles, not branded and nothing famous, but bringing a homely and comforting note during this holiday season.

Today the house is being scented with "Anchorage" by Astier De Villatte

(2380)

Jo Malone Pine and Eucalyptus, it's perfect.

"Rue Saint HonorÚ" by AdV burning in the house today.

(2446)

Nest Sir Elton John Moroccan Santal