Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 120
  1. #1

    Default Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Today was my first visit to a well-known local merchant who carries a number of good perfumes. I spent two hours there and, with the help of an enthusiastic SA who managed to divine my tastes, came away with this haul and all the samples they had in the place. Must admit I returned home a bit trepidaciously, but my S.O.'s advice was to keep a bottle or two on my nightstand in case of waking to a spritzing emergency! Wish I could get a better photo, but to whit:

    photo.jpg

    Acqua di Parma
    Colonia Intensa Oud, EdC Concentrée (bought it for him, but OMG!)

    Keiko Mecheri
    Mogador, EdP

    L'Artisan
    Dzongkha, EdT
    Timbuktu, EdT
    La Chasse aux Papillons, EdT
    Fou D'Absinthe, EdP

    Serge Lutens
    Le fille de Berlin, EdP

    Finally arrived in the mail:

    Caron
    Bellodgia, parfum (85% full--vintage?)

    I scored ALL the Diptyque samples, and also Sud Pacifique's, which I hadn't heard of, most of Juliette has a Gun, and some others. Heaven!

  2. #2
    queen of the universe
    jujy54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rustbeltistan on Erie
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    ScentFan, looks as if you filled your own stocking this December! Enjoy!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    ScentFan how wonderful and a Caron to boot! What a glorious looking group. Congratulations.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

  4. #4

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Samples of Rose de Kandahar, L'Air du Desert Marocain, Cepes and Tuberose, Shiso & Goldmund.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    Kiliwia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Fate Woman yesterday.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    so-cal
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    I can say Ive tried all of them, but the one that I love the most of that excellent haul would be the Dzongkha. Its DEVINE
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

  7. #7

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Congrats on the Fate, K. I know you really liked that one. I have yet to sniff it.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Fate Woman - Amouage



    Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Today was my first visit to a well-known local merchant who carries a number of good perfumes. I spent two hours there and, with the help of an enthusiastic SA who managed to divine my tastes, came away with this haul and all the samples they had in the place. Must admit I returned home a bit trepidaciously, but my S.O.'s advice was to keep a bottle or two on my nightstand in case of waking to a spritzing emergency! Wish I could get a better photo, but to whit:

    photo.jpg

    Acqua di Parma
    Colonia Intensa Oud, EdC Concentrée (bought it for him, but OMG!)

    Keiko Mecheri
    Mogador, EdP

    L'Artisan
    Dzongkha, EdT
    Timbuktu, EdT
    La Chasse aux Papillons, EdT
    Fou D'Absinthe, EdP

    Serge Lutens
    Le fille de Berlin, EdP

    Finally arrived in the mail:

    Caron
    Bellodgia, parfum (85% full--vintage?)

    I scored ALL the Diptyque samples, and also Sud Pacifique's, which I hadn't heard of, most of Juliette has a Gun, and some others. Heaven!
    Perfect acquisitions!

    I did some brief editing.

    Last edited by hedonist222; 8th December 2013 at 02:11 AM.

    for swap/sale:





  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    Kiliwia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Congrats on the Fate, K. I know you really liked that one. I have yet to sniff it.
    Thanks Kalli! You need to try it, I'll send you some when it comes. I'd like to hear what you think of it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

    Perfect acquisitions!

    I did some brief editing.
    Wow, thanks, hedonist222. Now the labels can be read.

    Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    I can say Ive tried all of them, but the one that I love the most of that excellent haul would be the Dzongkha. Its DEVINE
    Absolutely! It's the only L'Artisan I got in a large size.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    ScentFan how wonderful and a Caron to boot! What a glorious looking group. Congratulations.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    ScentFan, looks as if you filled your own stocking this December! Enjoy!
    Yes! I'm that gal who all her life put others first. Not yesterday!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    ScentFan, you're welcome.
    What'd you think of Seville a'Laube?

    for swap/sale:





  12. #12

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    ScentFan, you're welcome.
    What'd you think of Seville a'Laube?
    I don't think they had that one! The name doesn't sound familiar. Congratulations on Fate Woman! I think I have a sample here somewhere, must try it. The only Amouage I own is Gold Woman.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Wow, Scentfan - you got all those at once? That is quite a haul, indeed. Enjoy!

    These little black and white gems were an anniversary gift from Tony, who very cleverly managed to keep the secret since his September trip to Japan.

    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  14. #14
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Wow, some fantastic purchases so far!

    I have made.... Um... Some purchases this month. Today was a Shalimar gift set including Edt, travel spray and lotion.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Earlier this week I got L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Navigateur, 100 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

  16. #16

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Congrats on your purchase Kiliwia!! Fate Woman was one of the best finds/purchases I had this year. Enjoy, and great taste BTW...it's absolutely gorgeous! ScentFan, please tell me about Mogador! I've almost done a blind buy a few times.

    My dear Fedex man brought me my coveted Neela Vermere Trayee today & I ordered Donna Karan Chaos.
    No more purchases this year. That's only a few weeks, right?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Indeed Genie, only a few weeks!. Lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Thanks Kalli! You need to try it, I'll send you some when it comes. I'd like to hear what you think of it.
    Only if I can send you something in return.
    Last edited by kalli; 5th December 2013 at 03:11 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Nothing for me yet, but the month is still young and your hauls are inspiring. Who am I trying to kid? Very very nice, ladies!

    Mogador is about the only KM I can do. Shiseido White Rose is a LE for the Oriental Market(s) and I quite enjoyed it while trying a few years ago. And that Magnetic Untitled No.1 from another thread -- also very impressive.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    ScentFan, please tell me about Mogador! I've almost done a blind buy a few times.

    My dear Fedex man brought me my coveted Neela Vermere Trayee today & I ordered Donna Karan Chaos.
    No more purchases this year. That's only a few weeks, right?
    Congrats on your purchases, Genie Jeanie. Must look them up. As for Mogador, I tried my hand at describing it and the others in this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/372...-Haul-Re-Sniff. I found it stunning.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Earlier this week I got L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Navigateur, 100 ml.
    Don't remember trying that one, either. Congrats!

    Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Wow, some fantastic purchases so far!

    I have made.... Um... Some purchases this month. Today was a Shalimar gift set including Edt, travel spray and lotion.
    Sounds nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Wow, Scentfan - you got all those at once? That is quite a haul, indeed. Enjoy!


    These little black and white gems were an anniversary gift from Tony, who very cleverly managed to keep the secret since his September trip to Japan.


    Thanks, Evangeline. Yes, all at once. Very thrilling. Didn't anticipate finding so many loves. I estimated my collection would grow to 50 bottles and I'm already halfway there. Congrats on yours. Don't know them yet, but I will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Nothing for me yet, but the month is still young and your hauls are inspiring. Who am I trying to kid? Very very nice, ladies!

    Mogador is about the only KM I can do. Shiseido White Rose is a LE for the Oriental Market(s) and I quite enjoyed it while trying a few years ago. And that Magnetic Untitled No.1 from another thread -- also very impressive.
    Mogador took me by surprise. It's ultra terrific. So looking forward to Magnetic Untiled No. 1.
    Last edited by ScentFan; 5th December 2013 at 04:34 AM.

  20. #20
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    I bought the Mona di Orio Nombres d'Or discovery set last night. I know that I love her Vetyver and Vanille, looking forward to trying the others. Hurry up, post office!

  21. #21
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    I actually bought this in November, but it arrived today.

    i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    How do you all get the full size photos to post in your message?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I actually bought this in November, but it arrived today.

    i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    How do you all get the full size photos to post in your message?
    Well, I have no idea regarding your question, but I must say that your house looks STUNNING! I love the colors and the wood accents and the doorway!

    Oh, and congrats on the SL too

  23. #23

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Maybe more important than Une Rose is the autograph. Yes, I got to meet and talk to FREDERIC MALLE today at Barney's!

    IMG_0575.jpg

  24. #24

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoista View Post
    Maybe more important than Une Rose is the autograph. Yes, I got to meet and talk to FREDERIC MALLE today at Barney's!

    IMG_0575.jpg
    What a treat, the perfume and meeting Frederic Malle! Congratulations.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

  25. #25

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Thanks, Xscent. It was absolutely amazing getting to talk to him about fragrance.

  26. #26
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Well, I have no idea regarding your question, but I must say that your house looks STUNNING! I love the colors and the wood accents and the doorway!

    Oh, and congrats on the SL too

    Well thank you Cello, I appreciate that. It's rather bold, full of color in the Mexican style as I'm a color freak. I find little need to actually decorate with so much color splashed everywhere which is good, since more decorating means more cleaning and we have lots o' dust in the desert!

  27. #27
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    The MdO Vanille arrived today. It ought to keep me busy for the next 10-20 years.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I actually bought this in November, but it arrived today.

    i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    How do you all get the full size photos to post in your message?
    Beautiful home.

    You're uploading the image to basenotes server which displays it like that.

    Others upload it to image hosting servers like Photobucket or iimageshack.us
    Then they link it here like this:

    [Img] the link here [/img]

    You should get a Photobucket account, this way you'll have access your images for sharing outside of BN.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 7th December 2013 at 06:35 PM.

    for swap/sale:





  29. #29

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    After sniffing this one on and off for weeks in SpaceNK.

    Laura Mercier L'Heure Magique
    DONNA

  30. #30
    Basenotes Plus
    Kiliwia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoista View Post
    Maybe more important than Une Rose is the autograph. Yes, I got to meet and talk to FREDERIC MALLE today at Barney's!

    IMG_0575.jpg
    Congratulations Chicagoista! Very cool getting to visit with Frederic Malle. Congrats on the Une Rose too, very good choice.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    The MdO Vanille arrived today. It ought to keep me busy for the next 10-20 years.
    Congrats, Curly!! I really, really like that one. Enjoy!

  32. #32

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I actually bought this in November, but it arrived today.

    i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    How do you all get the full size photos to post in your message?
    Go to http://tinypic.com/ , it's free ,upload your photo , then click right on the photo and copy image location. After that go on the insert image box from BN ,click From URL paste your link with the photo and unmark the box Retrieve remote file...... and finally click OK. This is the way of inserting a picture which works very well for me. Hope this will help you.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    This just arrived. Got it for practically nothing. I've recently fallen in love with Bal à Versailles. Wondering if this version's any good.

    BAVfront.jpg BAVback.jpg BAVside.jpg

  34. #34

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Congratulations Chicagoista! Very cool getting to visit with Frederic Malle. Congrats on the Une Rose too, very good choice.
    Thanks, Kiliwia! Une Rose has been on my wish list for a bit. An early birthday gift to myself!

  35. #35

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Danieq, very nice, congrats.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Beautiful purchases everyone.

    A mixed bag for me. I bought the Malle's Une Fleur de Cassie in November and received an adorable pair of vintage Chanel No.5 EdC and Parfum from my brother as an early Christmas present, he knows me well. Decided a pic was in order.



    Love that FATE bottle Hedonist, it's stunning and the view is not to shabby either!
    ScentFan I also love Bal à Versailles, hope this rendition is a good one.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

  37. #37
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Testing.





    Hey, it works! Thanks Hedonist!

  38. #38

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Backup of Roja Dove Fetish pour Femme parfum extrait



    Copper dome cap Eau d'Hermes



    Fate Woman Amouage

    Last edited by hedonist222; 7th December 2013 at 06:49 PM.

    for swap/sale:





  39. #39
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013


  40. #40

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    J, how is the popcorn note in that one?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    100ml EDP Dia by Amouage.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Tea Rose Amber for 5 dollars. It's more on the masculine side. Not sure if I like it but it was 5 bucks
    Last edited by kalli; 8th December 2013 at 03:49 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Eau de Charlotte, Annick Goutal.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  44. #44

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    ^^ Oh kalli, I love Eau de Charlotte! It's one of my very favorite fruity-florals ...very youthful and flirty and girlie, but there's something quite voluptuous about it, too. I hope you enjoy it!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  45. #45

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Thanks, E!
    Last edited by kalli; 10th December 2013 at 05:08 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  46. #46
    Basenotes Junkie DaveStPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dilettante City
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Diptyque's Philosykos, for Mrs.StPaul for Christmas. (She asked for it. Who am I to second-guess? )

    I did it through Luckyscent, and they've got a free "Diptyque Deluxe Sampler" offer -- so we have 8 spray samples and 2 "body products" coming as well. Exciting!

  47. #47

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Peety - O'Driu


    for swap/sale:





  48. #48

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Yardley English Lavender
    Yardley April Violets
    Tesori d`Oriente Marrakech Neroli E Cardamomo

  49. #49

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Calling Hedonist...

    What was the price behind Peety? I found it here in the U.A.E. But was double the price of that on the website.

  50. #50
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Congrats, Curly!! I really, really like that one. Enjoy!
    Thanks, cello. I fell in love with the little sample another perfumista sent me a while back and I could tell that I'd be really happy owning a FB. I am inordinately proud when I look at the bottle.

  51. #51
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Peety - O'Driu

    Have fun with your experiment!

  52. #52

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    I took advantage of a "pay two get three" offer on Profumo.it site and bought my Christmas present :

    Hindu Kush 33 ml; Tabac 15 ml and Milano Caffè 15 ml

    Beautiful purchases, all of you
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

  53. #53

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Picked up some Amouage Sandal.






    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Yardley English Lavender
    Yardley April Violets
    Tesori d`Oriente Marrakech Neroli E Cardamomo
    The neroli & cardamom one sounds very nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taleb View Post
    Calling Hedonist...

    What was the price behind Peety? I found it here in the U.A.E. But was double the price of that on the website.
    I'll message you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    Have fun with your experiment!
    Haha thanks!

    But I'm not going to 'season' mine.
    No particular reason. I guess I find it a bit gimmicky.

    for swap/sale:





  54. #54
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    J, how is the popcorn note in that one?
    Finally got around to trying it today. To me it is caramel popcorn. There's also a nuttiness to it (I'm attributing that to the sesame). It was sweet but light.

  55. #55
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    I took advantage of a "pay two get three" offer on Profumo.it site and bought my Christmas present :

    Hindu Kush 33 ml; Tabac 15 ml and Milano Caffè 15 ml

    Beautiful purchases, all of you
    Congrats! Those are beautiful indeed.

  56. #56

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Hypnotic Poison, Dior EDT
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Hi, all. So looking forward to really investigating Dior, Annick Goutal, O'Driu, Profumum, Roja Dove. Lovely vintages, Xscent!

    Well, here are my latest acquisitions, most surprise gifts from "once and future" after learning I loved a perfume. Is it part of why I'm remarrying him? Heck, maybe! Here's the story. By now it's clear the divorce didn't and won't take. We're just as close as ever. On the day he drove away three years ago next month, I -- previously stoic and determined -- stood in the garage and started to cry. He told me to buck up. We'd made this decision. Let's go through with it. Logical (among other things, we're both engineers), so I stopped crying. He phoned periodically as he drove halfway across the country to his new home. Was I fine? I was. Was he? Yep. Good. He arrived at his new place, with a long to-do list. Three days later it was done. He of few words and zero tears called to say, "I burst out crying in the grocery store." I told him to buck up. He did. The universe, sick of us, intervened. I received a notice. Did I know the Russian version of a book I have personal interest in was housed in only one USA library? -- in the city where my guy lived? The next door neighbors came to ask if I'd watch the house, they're going out of town. Where to? The city where my guy lived. I received an email from a very nice woman I'd met at a spa and hadn't heard from in ages. Would I come visit? Where did she reside? (No kidding!) In the city where my guy lived. Giving in, I went, not seeing him until the end. We had dinner and have talked, emailed, texted and skyped almost daily since. Now and then we did try zero contact, but something would happen. Example. Thinking I was having a heart attack, medics took me to a hospital. My guy (aka emergency contact) hopped a plane. Turned out it was only vertigo. He got sick. I hopped a plane. A bad hurricane headed toward me. He hopped a plane. Etcetera. Thankfully, he's now moved closer. Before the universe kills us both off so it can bury us in the same grave, we thought we'd best get back together. We took out a marriage license and will almost 100% surely use it before its January 26 expiration. Besides, okay, we love each other! Looking skyward. Satisfied?

    photo.jpg

    More or less left to right in a contest of ravishing beauties:

    Jeke by Slumberhouse
    Ambre Premier by Jovoy
    Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse
    Bois de Santal by KM
    Odalisque by Nicolai
    Untitled #1 by Magnetic Scent
    En Avion by Caron
    Olene by Diptyque
    Accord 119 by Caron
    Enlevement au Serail by MDCI
    La Route de Emeraude by Isabey
    Last edited by ScentFan; 15th December 2013 at 07:32 PM.

  58. #58

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    ScentFan, what a haul! There is no responses because everybody is still trying to wipe off the drool while picking up their jaws from the floor!

    Niiiiiiiiiice!

  59. #59

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Hi, all. So looking forward to really investigating Dior, Annick Goutal, O'Driu, Profumum, Roja Dove. Lovely vintages, Xscent!

    Well, here are my latest acquisitions, most surprise gifts from "once and future" after learning I loved a perfume. Is it part of why I'm remarrying him? Heck, maybe! Here's the story. By now it's clear the divorce didn't and won't take. We're just as close as ever. On the day he drove away three years ago next month, I -- previously stoic and determined -- stood in the garage and started to cry. He told me to buck up. We'd made this decision. Let's go through with it. Logical (among other things, we're both engineers), so I stopped crying. He phoned periodically as he drove halfway across the country to his new home. Was I fine? I was. Was he? Yep. Good. He arrived at his new place, with a long to-do list. Three days later it was done. He of few words and zero tears called to say, "I burst out crying in the grocery store." I told him to buck up. He did. The universe, sick of us, intervened. I received a notice. Did I know the Russian version of a book I have personal interest in was housed in only one USA library? -- in the city where my guy lived? The next door neighbors came to ask if I'd watch the house, they're going out of town. Where to? The city where my guy lived. I received an email from a very nice woman I'd met at a spa and hadn't heard from in ages. Would I come visit? Where did she reside? (No kidding!) In the city where my guy lived. Giving in, I went, not seeing him until the end. We had dinner and have talked, emailed, texted and skyped almost daily since. Now and then we did try zero contact, but something would happen. Example. Thinking I was having a heart attack, medics took me to a hospital. My guy (aka emergency contact) hopped a plane. Turned out it was only vertigo. He got sick. I hopped a plane. A bad hurricane headed toward me. He hopped a plane. Etcetera. Thankfully, he's now moved closer. Before the universe kills us both off so it can bury us in the same grave, we thought we'd best get back together. We took out a marriage license and will almost 100% surely use it before its January 26 expiration. Besides, okay, we love each other! Looking skyward. Satisfied?

    photo.jpg

    More or less left to right in a contest of ravishing beauties:

    Jeke by Slumberhouse
    Ambre Premier by Jovoy
    Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse
    Bois de Santal by KM
    Odalisque by Nicolai
    Untitled #1 by Magnetic Scent
    En Avion by Caron
    Olene by Diptyque
    Accord 119 by Caron
    Enlevement au Serail by MDCI
    La Route de Emeraude by Isabey
    What an incredible story, wow!

  60. #60

    Default Re: Today I Bought - December, 2013

    I am ScentFan's official PR Officer


    for swap/sale:





Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought: December 2012
    By Ivibezz in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 294
    Last Post: 3rd January 2013, 01:05 AM
  2. Today I Bought - December 2012
    By alfarom in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 1st January 2013, 09:12 PM
  3. TODAY I BOUGHT: December 2011
    By fragranceman88 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 2nd January 2012, 01:56 AM
  4. Today I Bought ...December 2010
    By Mimi Gardenia in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 06:47 AM
  5. Today i bought (December 2007)
    By ajmc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 4th January 2008, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •