Code of Conduct
    Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 4 December 2013.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Mazzolari - Patchouli.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 4 December 2013.

RMH your Sofie is a stunner! And how cute is Bella.

Ugh! In the grips of some awful flu. Being comforted by Bois des Îles and block of dark chocolate On the upside this lovely thing arrived yesterday. Many thanks to the lovely sea roses and ScentFan for the recommendation.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, family!

Hedonist, hats off to you and Mrs. for having nursed a wild animal back to health and then releasing it back to its habitat! It did not occur to me it was real while looking at the picture first!

RHM, your Sofie looks just like Mama, Bella is so huggable and squeazable!

Guerlain Tonka Imperiale.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all !. Congrats to RHM on the richly deserved promotion . Sofie is a real stunner and the family resemblance is striking.

SotD is Lagerfeld Photo.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th December 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Kuhuyan by Parfums de Marly
    (1121)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 4 December 2013.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

RHM, congrats on your promotion!

Xscent, congrats on your purchase, & do please get some rest!

l'm wearing Champagne de Bois today from my new decant, & l'm off into town to do a little Christmas shopping.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

,,,,,,,,,,,,Montale - Aoud Purple Rose

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone! It's snowing and blowing outside, very glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

RHM, congratulation on your promotion! I loved the beautiful pictures of Sophie and Bella!

Xscent, I hope you feel better soon.

SotM is Laura Biagiotti Roma, with notes of bergamot, mint, black currant, carnation, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, amber, castoreum, musk, myrrh, patchouli, vanilla and civet.

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

What wonderful news, RHM! Congratulations! And I'll join the chorus of those remarking on the family resemblance and how lovely Sofie's is -- has she fully recovered from the pneumonia?

Speaking of which, (((Xscent))), sounds like you need more chicken soup -- and certainly the rest that teardrop prescribed.

I haven't applied fragrance but will update in a bit. Frigid here today with a low of 7F and a high of only 20F. Jeans and sweater weather, I think, dress code be d*mned.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. SL Feminite du Bois
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon

SotD is Tabac by AbdesSalaam Attar, from a sample.

Have a nice day
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone -

I'm back in '32 for ballet this morning, and it smells better than ever ...I might just have to jump back into that cozy little rut for a while.

Y'all have a great day!

RHM - mighty congratulations on the exciting promotion, and on your charming daughter ...she grew up so fast! And I remember when Bella was just a wee kitten, too ...sigh.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo, RHM on your promotion! Totally deserved.

Another lightning post for me, I'm afraid... Still recovering from the three holiday meals we hosted for 16, 10, and 20 people respectively over the Thanksgiving weekend - It's a good thing my husband and I love to cook! Now, if we could only find some elves for clean-up...

SOTD is Caron Tabac Blond EDC.

Tabac Blond notes:
    Leather, carnation, and linden, iris, vetiver, ylang ylang, lime-tree leaf, cedar, patchouli, vanilla, amber, and musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sampling Shiseido Basala this morning
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Tonka Imperial

Post Thanks / Like

ComDiva, come sit by me! I love that Tabac Blonde, and may need to get a decant soon!

Yes, the weekend with bachelor #3 is this weekend. He's been so great this week. I told him that I was under massive pressure from work and he asked what he could do to not add any. I told him I needed him to step it back a bit, I can't move that fast and he absolutely did. Gives me some breathing room, and that's very nice.

XScent, the flu? Oh, I am so sorry, that's terrible. Take care of yourself!

CONGRATS RHM! And I agree, your girl is a stunner! That hair, oh my. I would have loved to have a full head of that red hair!

All this talk about vanilla has me filling out a sample list. I don't think I can handle a pass right now, with the work load going on here I'm lucky to just get through the month. But I'd happily compare notes, and I'm already filling out test lists given all of people's enthusiastic picks over the past few days.

Today, strangely, I had a craving for Dries Van Noten. Something about it just keeps getting my attention. I am quickly emptying my sample bottle from Chicago. Can't put my finger on what I love about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!

Hedonist, I didn't get a chance to say it yesterday, but boy, do you have some adorable young 'uns! They are just too stinkin cute, both of them! And it is so sweet of you guys to take that tortoise in and get him all better. That little story almost brought a tear to my eye -- I am such a sucker for a good animal rescue story.

And speaking of children, RHM, what a beautiful daughter you have! Her hair is ammmmazing! And congrats on your promotion; well deserved, no doubt! It is so nice when our hard work is recognized. Good going!

(((Xscent))), time to get better, already! At least you have all your little friends there to cheer you up. I just drooled a bit on my keyboard over that bottle of Jicky...even though I have never smelled it, I am a sucker for those bottles! Give it a nice fondle for me will you?

Joining the good company in Chanel today, No.5 for me. This is my "I miss my mommy" perfume. I can't wait to go home for the holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! I'm feeling like a queen in Bois de Isle thanks to Xscent!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Ore (the disco'd Eau de Parfum) by Slumberhouse (from a sample)

Very nice. Whiskey, cocoa yuminess. I smell patchouli but it's not a listed note. I think it's the woods and the cocoa combined.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Howdy folks. Been a while.

Cathedral in Flames for me today
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hedonist: We found the tortoise in the desert injured. We think a desert fox may have had a nibble or two out of her.
    We brought her home and in no time she was better. Sad day when we took her back to the desert.

I thought the tortoise was a lawn ornament! Those front claws don’t seem 21st-century-planet-earth real. Such fine parents you are to give your children this experience.

Congrats, RHM, on the happy employment and raise situation. Gadzooks, Sofie’s a woman now. Wasn't she just a little person like Hedonist's kids? How do these things happen?

Awww, Xscent, curl up and think happy thoughts until the blurgh passes.

I sought out some vanilla in the form of Trish McEvoy Sexy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk, and it's overlapping the L’Heure Bleue on my thermal sleeves. The combo is very satisfying on another dizzily day with heather-gray skies.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Being a 49er fan and for some reason knowing that Kaepernick owns a tortoise that looks similar to that one(I guess it's been mentioned here and there in the media cause it's a unique pet I suppose)..I noticed it right away and knew it was real. I thought, it looks like Kaep's tortoise:

cap.jpg

Ugh, too small..try again:

Here's how small it used to be:

Draining my Evening Edged In Gold sample.
    Last edited by kalli; 4th December 2013 at 04:16 PM.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

l knew it was real too, kalli!

Who was talking here about Lush's Sikkim Girls body cream recently? Sorry for not remembering who it was. Anyway, l tried some from a tester in town today, & found it very thick, more like a body butter. The SA said that it's designed to be used just on the areas to which you would normally apply perfume, rather than as an all-over product. Therefore l don't think l'd spend the £25 on it, although l wouldn't turn my nose up if someone bought me the adorable little box set of the cream & perfume for Christmas...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Late to post due to a morning meeting, and look what has happened while I was away! Chanelfest! I'm in Bois des Iles, sharing this wonderful smelling stuff with a few of you

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Xscent, take good care of yourself - chocolate is never a bad thing and a medicinal whisky usually works wonders too .

SotE - Arquiste Boutonniere No 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Yoohoo all- long time no chat

I'm getting better after a long fight with an unpleasant virus and a trapped nerve in my neck which made my one working arm unable to do anything for several weeks, and I'm smelling great now I'm actually wearing proper clothes, in vintage Givenchy Gentleman.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you've not been well sfmedusa, hope you're well on your way to recovery!

Layering Aroma M's Geisha Amber Rouge over the remains of Champagne de Bois this evening. Actually, l really don't think l like this one. Good job it's only a sample.
    Last edited by teardrop; 4th December 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon!

Reglisse Noire today, yum.

That tortoise is amazing, and also the spawn of RHM, so pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in 31 Rue Cambon for the afternoon, as I frequently am after a morning in '32. Ruts aren't so bad, really.

teardrop - I believe it was rtamara that was talking up Sikkim Girls, and she piqued my curiosity, too. I do love a rich, luxuriously-perfumed body cream, and I really liked the perfume the last time I smelled it, so I've got to get over there and see what this cream's all about. Hehe, in the meantime I went to the online store and put it in a basket as a reminder - they keep e-mailing me "Hey, you left your stuff at our store!" so my system almost works, I just need to walk on over there.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL, thanks E! The perfume really impressed me too when l tried it; big, animalic florals always do! The gift set of cream & perfume comes in a lovely wooden box printed with the same pic of the Sikkim Girls as shown on the bottle label. Get over there & check it out!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, everyone. Get better wishes going out to Xscent and Sfmedusa.

RHM, big congrats on your promotion. Sofie is lovely, grown seemingly overnight from little tyke to young woman.

SOTD is Roberto Cavalli Oro.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still snowing and blowing outside and the roads are terrible. Thankfully my son came and plowed out our yard and driveway after work. Both a Fed ex and a UPS truck nearly got stuck in the yard. My husband will be glad he doesn't have to do it when he gets home.

Robin, you smell amazing tonight! I had a chance to try the Reglisse Noire a few weeks ago and I really liked it.

Sfmedusa
    , sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope things keep improving for you.

Wearing Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise this evening.

Have a great evening!

SOTE: Habdan by Parfums de Marly for a social function
    (1159)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Coco M EDT.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, so, "a bit later" turned out to be 13 hours or so, but, oh well.

House-twins with donna today in Ambre Sultan. The herbal thing was somehow perfect today.

sfmedusa, I was wondering why we hadn't seen you! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Hope everyone had a good day!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sampling Chanel Bel Respiro tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Heure Exquise, Annick Goutal EDT. Testing it again and I think perhaps this juice has turned. Idk. It's like iris completely drenched in vanilla. Like sweet & dirty vanilla dust. Is this how it's supposed to smell? I get no sandalwood. Iris yes, rose yes..but are both smothered in vanilla. To where it's not even very floral. The iris is definitely there, pretty strong but just covered in vanilla. To where it's overpowering the florals. Perhaps this juice is old. It smells a bit flat..very sweet. It's like it's more about vanilla than any rest of the notes which tells me this could have turned? Stays close to the skin then starts to disappear some. Dirty vanilla. Again, is this how it's supposed to smell like? Vanilla dust? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

sfmedusa, so nice to see you back and to hear you are feeling better! Now, how about a few vintages for the morale boost?

Going to bed in Van Cleef de Van Cleef.