Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How to order perfume from Paris, France (Caron, Lutens, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    What a great photo!!!!
    I noticed the fan too!
    And I noticed her hair. This is something I have been noticing traveling to and fro from America to Europe; in Europe women have hair which swings about, or is done up in a loose chignon like this lady, and in America everybody straightens their hair, uses heated tools on it, and sprays lots of stuff in it so it looks absolutely perfect, no hair out of place ever. (but very stiff) Even my husband (and he's male!) says I have to ''get my hair done'' and ''use more products''!

Interesting about the alcohol... I had no idea.
    Most of my perfumes are from Europe of course, but now I am contemplating not buying here but wait until I go back.

Yes, our hair has to look reasonably arranged to be considered professional; also we have a diverse population, so not all of us have 'swingy' hair - I could not rock a loose messy chignon because it would just look like a fright wig, it wouldn't swoop around like that....The SA in that picture is gorgeous but the hair doesn't look natural to me it looks bleached and straightened. I think it's a different aesthetic, but not necessarily less rigid.

Default Re: How to order perfume from Paris, France (Caron, Lutens, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Interesting about the alcohol... I had no idea.
    Most of my perfumes are from Europe of course, but now I am contemplating not buying here but wait until I go back.
    I don't want to tread on any toes, but I think the jury's still out on this one. For myself, I can't imagine a huge company like Chanel countenancing any noticeable variation in their scents based on different markets (I'm not talking about reformulations here). They are so controlling of every little detail, I just can't see how they would let that happen. And would Caron or Lutens really ship concentrate to the US rather than blended juice? Not sure.