Code of Conduct

Default Help with Ormonde Jayne bottle

Hello guys and gals, I need some advice from you OJ enthusiasts.
    I recently swapped for a bottle of Tolu EDP. When the package arrived, this is what I got:

la foto (8).JPG

Now, I can't find a bottle like that neither on the official OJ page, nor on Google Images, and while the cap looks like that of the recent voyage-or-whatchamacallit collection, I find it a bit odd. Is it an older bottle design? The girl I got it from says she bought it last August
    What's worse, right after opening the package I did a little spritz, and while the top notes were nicely fresh and "Ormondey", very soon a very thick smell of something like gasoline, no less, developed. I sampled Tolu long ago and I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but might this be an older bottle that's gone off?

I really would appreciate some input.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Help with Ormonde Jayne bottle

These are the same type of bottles I have been getting from a German supplier (newly added to their website), whereas the bottles coming from OJ have the new cap you are showing, but not the printed labels.

My understanding, they are going to some sort of new packaging in the future, so they are possibly starting with stores other than themselves.

Most likely, they are going to a generic bottle with a gold label, like the 4 Corners series.

Thank you very much, PalmBeach, that gives me some peace of mind. I find the crystal-cap bottles much prettier, this looks cheapish. If only I could figure out the gasoline smell now, lol, but then again, that might be the actual smell of Tolu...

Basenotes Plus

I have one of the older style caps, and mine was clear plastic. While it may be a little prettier, I find these to be better. They fit very snugly and are a really nice weight. Since I did a couple of splits, I had a couple of extra caps and changed my bottle to the metal cap.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I have one of the older style caps, and mine was clear plastic. While it may be a little prettier, I find these to be better. They fit very snugly and are a really nice weight. Since I did a couple of splits, I had a couple of extra caps and changed my bottle to the metal cap.
    I hadn't thought of the sturdiness, and you do have a point there. Thanks again!