Code of Conduct

Default Hello Basenotes, finally created an account!

Hi all.

I'd just like to introduce myself after lurking here for a few weeks.

Discovering the world of perfumes and colognes has been incredible sofar and has surprised me greatly.

What's been incredible is that I've discovered what's so much fun with perfumes and can't wait to try 2-3 more fragrances at the local store when I'm walking home from school at the end of the day.

What's been surprising is that I have quite a few 'hobbies' that I love which has all been developing and grown over the years, but my new fragrance hobby has grown faster than all of the other ones which is surprising and actually abit weird =)
    But I guess it shouldn't take away anything from my love of fashion and shoes, it will just add more to it I guess.

I've never had an interest at all before, but now I can't wait to build a fragrance collection.
    I only own 2 frags at the moment since I threw a number out when I recently moved (I don't even remember which ones, I never used them), they are D&G The One for Men and CK One. I love The One but it lasts such a short while, recently I've started adding a few more sprays after reading beginners guides and such for newbies, great smell still but so so weak. CK One just has alot of memories for me, I basically never wear it, I just smell it every now and then.

I've got a few frags incoming since I went crazy the other day, Aventus, La Nuit De L'Homme and L'Eau D'Issey is all being shipped to me at the moment. Going to be so exiciting. Also ordered some unscented stuff but I guess I have to go through all of the lotions, deos and cleaners that I own first.

I tried Kouros on today, wow that was special. Reminds me of my grandmothers soap maybe even a hint of her old lady perfumes. Will smell it for a few more hours to see how it develops. Your opinion?

Any advice for which fragrances should be included in my collection would be deeply appreciated!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Hello Basenotes, finally created an account!

Hello and glad your aboard!

You will love all three fragrances coming in to you. You will find this is a very interesting and comforting journey. There are so many great scents available that it is mind boggling. Good luck in your new found hobby.

I love the Creed line and when I jumped into the fragrances a little from the mainstream Serge Lutens, Diptyque and Histoires de Parfums were my first loves.

Welcome to you. The force is strong in this one...
    KCCO!

Thanks! The only thing I'm afraid of is the amount of time and money I will probably pour in on this hobby, yikes.

I've had Kouros on my skin for 3 hours now and finally something is beginning to happen, the soapy smell is starting to fade and something really interesting is coming forward, no clue what yet though =) When people describe smells it sounds great and all but I can't pick anything out from a fragrance. Yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mercutio! =)

Welcome to you ANestor! Enjoy your time here on Basenotes. Agree, that the three coming to you will greet you with a very pleasant surprise.
    (1151)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome to Basenotes.

Some fragrances I'd recommend for testing, based on previous likes and purchases:

YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme and M7
    Creed GIT
    Mugler Cologne

Thanks hednic!

After those three, what kind of frag would be suitable to add to my small collection?

Another question by the way, what are those numbers that some have under their posts? Under yours it says (1151).

Quote Originally Posted by ANestor View Post
    Thanks hednic!

After those three, what kind of frag would be suitable to add to my small collection?
    If you have not tried an oud or incense prominent scent, that might be something you might want to experience to see if it is to your liking or not.

(1153)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks Ken!

Now it says (1153) under your post hednic, huh? =)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks Ken!

Now it says (1153) under your post hednic, huh? =)
    He counts each time he post..
    Anyway those are 3 very likable scents..
    Issey is one of my all time favorites.

Next I would try some Chanel's and Dior frag's..

Aaah.

I'm kind of nervous of the Aventus since I pulled the trigger on that a bit quick. I've tried it on skin twice and I liked it but I'm afraid I've let the hype and everyone elses opinion of it affect me. We will see.

I'll try Egoiste, De Bleu, Eau Sauvage or the DH(I) tomorrow. Keep the advice coming!

I'm kind of nervous of the Aventus since I pulled the trigger on that a bit quick. I've tried it on skin twice and I liked it but I'm afraid I've let the hype and everyone elses opinion of it affect me. We will see.
    I'm pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised by it
    (1162)

Aaah.

I'll try Egoiste, De Bleu, Eau Sauvage or the DH(I) tomorrow. Keep the advice coming!
    All three are all quite excellent. Aventus has a cult following for good reason. Zone out the naysayers and enjoy the smoky pineapple aroma.

Basenotes Plus

hey, welcome to the community! we look forward to hearing your input. enjoy your time on basenotes

Welcome aboard!

Glad you could join us! Enjoy the journey and sample away! Lots and lots to be discovered. And don't worry no knowing the notes yet, that just takes time and exposure I believe.

Welcome and wow what a haul Aventus, L'eau , la nuit, Wow three gorgeous scents....Enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Thanks Magnus! It's gonna be fun to say the least =)

I tried Kouros the other day and after 3-4 hours on my skin I couldn't stop sniffing it, oddly I didn't love the smell, I just couldn't stop...
    Today I tried Chanel De Bleu and started liking it after a couple of hours, more and more. Now I just wanna buy it.

On my other hand I tried Dior Homme, and my oh my that was a lovely scent. It reminded me of a weaker version of Le Male but more creamy(?), I loved it! Sexy to say the least.

Out of the ones I've talked about sofar, is there someone that would fit me especially well during this cold winter, as a signature scent?

Welcome ANestor, you have a very good future here, having already bought Aventus.

My adivice to you is watch from where you buy stuff especially Creed

Welcome. My advice is to not worry about the hyped up frags. Let yourself be the judge of whether something is good or not. Also, try before you buy if you can. Blind buying can be fun, but it can be costly if you don't like the scent. Lastly, don't worry if something is "niche" or not. Niche has nothing to do with quality.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by salim96 View Post
    Welcome ANestor, you have a very good future here, having already bought Aventus.

My adivice to you is watch from where you buy stuff especially Creed

My advice to you ANestor is to ignore comments like this.