Code of Conduct

Default Joop! Homme wild...anyone try it?

If so, what did you think? Is it FB worthy? Looks like only 7 reviews so far, but no negatives so that's a good sign right?

Default Re: Joop! Homme wild...anyone try it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    If so, what did you think? Is it FB worthy? Looks like only 7 reviews so far, but no negatives so that's a good sign right?
    There are some opinions you might find informative toward the latter part of the thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...op!-Homme-Wild

More comments here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/337...ld-worth-a-buy

(1164)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Awesome, thanks hednic!

If you mixed Joop Homme with 1 Million and added some booze and fruit then you would have Wild. Not for everyone, but it's better than a lot of the other fragrances that try to copy 1 Million.

As I wrote on the thread Hednic posted above, I wasn't initially thrilled with Wild, but I grew enthusiastic about it. I don't know why people bother with Bay Rum when this good rum scent is around.
    Regards,
    Renato

Banned
    Blog Entries

Great longevity as expected..
    Projects well as expected..
    Very fun/playful scent..
    Best for nights out imo..
    I blind bought it and do enjoy it..

Tried it myself a few weeks ago, actually liked it. A modern gourmand on the stronger side, but still with some notes of unexpected smoothness and finesse.

Never tried it.

It is a frag with potential to be loved with time. 1st time I tried it I appreciated the original even more, however I have to admit that Homme Wild is quite appealing candy-liqueur-vanilla smoky fragrance that should get a bit more attention.

Thanks for much for the insight fellas, it's greatly appreciated! This sounds right up my alley and will be my next purchase!

I think it's pretty good. Very strong and long lasting just like the original, but more modern. It's boozy and sweet. At first sniff, it didn't blow me away, but after a full wearing I came around to it. It's good stuff.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

In case you're looking for a place to buy it locally, many Walmart stores have Joop! Homme Wild, and at a great price too.

On the Wally World shelves, look for it next to regular Joop! Homme.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Just got it today and damn, I likey...ALOT! Thanks again guys for all the info and comments

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Just got it today and damn, I likey...ALOT! Thanks again guys for all the info and comments
    Glad you liked it. Not surprising really, because it is a clever scent, and is something a bit different.
    Regards,
    Renato

Just got it yesterday as one of my rare blind buys. I liked what I was reading about it, and indeed it is very nice juice. I guarantee most women will like it. My wife just loves the stuff.
    Need to test the longevity more this week.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Have tried it in stores - like it and will prolly break down and buy it though I told myself about 2 months ago NO more for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Have tried it in stores - like it and will prolly break down and buy it though I told myself about 2 months ago NO more for a while
    I hear that! One of my resolutions was to cut WAY back this year....bought 3 bottles last night on the sale/swap board! So much for that one:/

What stores have you guys seen this at? I still havnt seen it anywhere to try it out yet. Thanks
    Last edited by seekritdude; 13th January 2014 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    What stores have you guys seen this at? I still havnt seen it anywhere to try it out yet. Thanks
    I didn't see it in any stores, so just had to blind but it. Although some have said they have seen mini's of this right next to the original Joop at their Walmart....but that wasn't the case at the two super Walmarts near me.

It was and is being sold in numerous stores in Australia - but I don't know that helps you much.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I don't know why people bother with Bay Rum when this good rum scent is around.
    Say whaaa? Bay rum is delightfully spicy, and so very different from the sweet rums that are used in fragrances.

That biting orange, bay and (often) clove scent makes a terrific bracing scent in the summer, and a warming one in the winter.

Old fashioned? Sure, but some things become traditional for a reason.

seekritdude - you can get it for very cheap @ FragranceNet.
    Last edited by timdoeswell; 17th January 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Say whaaa? Bay rum is delightfully spicy, and so very different from the sweet rums that are used in fragrances.

That biting orange, bay and (often) clove scent makes a terrific bracing scent in the summer, and a warming one in the winter.

Old fashioned? Sure, but some things become traditional for a reason.

seekritdude - you can get it for very cheap @ FragranceNet.
    I don't mind Bay Rum when my barber occasionally puts some on me after a haircut. And I don't mind ancient scents after shaving, like the 83 year old Mennen Skin Bracer.
    But I have no understanding of the continual fascination with Bay Rum over at Badger & Blade - it's as if it is for some it is almost compulsory if one uses a DE razor.
    Regards,
    Renato

Blind bought this cuz of all the seemingly good reviews on it. I can sadly say not impressed off hand. I like a lot of sweet scents too. Its cheap though so not a big hit but from first impression is disappointing. Ill give it a few more wearings and see how it does compliment wise before I decide for sure. I asked one girl right after I tried it on what she thought. And she liked it a lot but she also thought it smelled like cool water ...

Anyway lol.... For the time being I actually think regular joop is at least more interesting lol.
    Last edited by seekritdude; 8th February 2014 at 07:58 PM.

I purchased a bottle from Wal Mart for something like $34.99 and was so excited when i tried it but GOOOD LORD WAS I T'ed off! I returned the bottle bc it smelled of nothing but Alcohol, i was baffled so i did the refrigerator thing, kept it for a few days, had my gf smell it, her frien, my mom, and a few others try it but they all smelled nothing but rubbing alcohol. I likely got a bad batch or maybe it was kept it very very hot weather under hot lights ( Walmart displays their scents under VERY BRIGHT LIGHTS). Could of sold it easy w a profit but its against my principles.

Quote Originally Posted by "Scentapede" View Post
    I purchased a bottle from Wal Mart for something like $34.99 and was so excited when i tried it but GOOOD LORD WAS I T'ed off! I returned the bottle bc it smelled of nothing but Alcohol, i was baffled so i did the refrigerator thing, kept it for a few days, had my gf smell it, her frien, my mom, and a few others try it but they all smelled nothing but rubbing alcohol. I likely got a bad batch or maybe it was kept it very very hot weather under hot lights ( Walmart displays their scents under VERY BRIGHT LIGHTS). Could of sold it easy w a profit but its against my principles.
    That's one thing I dislike about this hobby is the possibility of getting bad juice. I got a few bad juice from Fragrancenet and that's why I don't recommend them and even bad juice from Amazon themselves but they've refunded my money.

Yea im gonna assume you got a bad one. Dont get me wrong mine smells good I do like it. Just from all the hype its getting I was expecting a little more. I would say its more along the lines of VIP men rather than one million myself. Just more of a smooth/creamy with out that sorta sharpness to it. I was just hoping for some more tobacco and rum which I for me personally on my first try at least are just hints of and not something I really get to bury my nose in and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That's one thing I dislike about this hobby is the possibility of getting bad juice. I got a few bad juice from Fragrancenet and that's why I don't recommend them and even bad juice from Amazon themselves but they've refunded my money.
    I don't understand this "bad juice" issue.

As someone who has bought some seven or eight or 900 bottles over the years (they're my main form of gifts), I should have had one bad bottle by now - but I haven't.

And Joop Homme Wild is in a very dark bottle and in a cardboard wrapper, so it should be unaffected by light. And it is a relatively new release, so that it should still be unaffected, even if there were some mechanical malfunction with the sprayer that let some air in.

The only thing I have ever smelled that was almost the same as rubbing alcohol (only it was worse), was the content of my fake bottle of Creed MI which I deliberately bought to check out the fakes that everyone was talking about (there is a thread about it here from many years ago).

The description of Joop Homme Wild smelling exactly like rubbing alcohol makes zero sense to me, unless they make fantastic smelling oriental, sweet rubbing alcohol over in the USA.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 10th February 2014 at 01:07 AM.

^^^^^
    Agree with everything Renato says above.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Bought it blind, based on BN raves. So far, not so good. Seems a bit thin, screechy, and obnoxiously chemical. I'll give it another wear or three, but to those expecting a high-quality gourmand or boozy experience: not a chance, not even close.

I know everyone has different opinions about different fragrances but I think the main issue may be either formulation differences or a bad bottle. For example, I bought Versace Dreamer from Amazon and typed in the batch code on a cosmetic checker website and it was from 2013 and it was potent and smelled great. I also had a bottle that I bought from T.J. Maxx that was from 2012 and it definitely was a bad bottle because the fragrance was dead and thin and was a dead shell of the one I bought from Amazon. The bad bottle or formulation differences is definitely real and people shouldn't deny it. Not everyone gets the optimal bottle as everyone else and sometimes you may be smelling something that isn't the full representation of a particular fragrance as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Bought it blind, based on BN raves. So far, not so good. Seems a bit thin, screechy, and obnoxiously chemical. I'll give it another wear or three, but to those expecting a high-quality gourmand or boozy experience: not a chance, not even close.
    "..........................thin, screechy, and obnoxiously chemical. " - well, it is called "Wild" after all.

I had to give it three or so wears,
    Cheers,
    Renato

ok I know I said I dont think it smells like one million but a girl did come up to me today and told me I smelled good. And that I smelled like one million =x

You know while wearing this one again I get sorta a coconut rum sorta vibe. Maybe its just because when I think of rum I automatically think of well.. coconut rum. But I kinda smelled some of that today. But more like a sweet black coconut if anyone has ever smelled those black coconut candles a little like that.
    Last edited by seekritdude; 22nd February 2014 at 08:41 PM.

You know while wearing this one again I get sorta a coconut rum sorta vibe. Maybe its just because when I think of rum I automatically think of well.. coconut rum. But I kinda smelled some of that today. .
    That's just what I get... rum and coconut. And to those hating on Wild, all I can say is my wife and younger daughter (20), who are pretty particular about scents, like this one. As do I.

ok I know I said I dont think it smells like one million but a girl did come up to me today and told me I smelled good. And that I smelled like one million =x

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    And to those hating on Wild, all I can say is my wife and younger daughter (20), who are pretty particular about scents, like this one. As do I.
    Women like it?
    No wonder it gets an automatic bad rap around here - it's not one of those worn for personal pleasure scents that cost an arm and a leg, that no one else notices or wants to notice.
    Cheers,
    Renato