Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are Chanel's Les Exclusifs ever Discounted?

In fact, are they sold anywhere besides from the Chanel Website and the Counters?

Default Re: Are Chanel's Les Exclusifs ever Discounted?

I don't believe they are ever discounted, just the opposite, climbing in price I think.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

I've personally seen them only at Saks and the Chanel boutiques in malls. Didn't realize Niemans also carried them, and never saw them reduced.
    (1174)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Please note that this thread is being moved to the Shopping Guides.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only aren't the Exclusifs ever discounted, but here, even when department stores are having 10 or 20 percent sales, Chanel isn't included.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ebay always has samples-minis-used bottles and full bottles

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all. I shall have to adjust my expectations accordingly I suppose. Too bad I didn't discover these pre-price hike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    In fact, are they sold anywhere besides from the Chanel Website and the Counters?
    They are now sold at Bloomingdale's, where if you open a charge account, you can get a discount on your purchases for that day and the next day. I got a 15% discount on a bottle I bought for my girlfriend a few weeks back. Keep in mind, the discount varies, though I can't see it being less than 10%. The discount is not shown on your receipt, but rather applied to your first bill (you will pay tax on the full price.) I saved $42 on my bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by George P View Post
    They are now sold at Bloomingdale's, where if you open a charge account, you can get a discount on your purchases for that day and the next day. I got a 15% discount on a bottle I bought for my girlfriend a few weeks back. Keep in mind, the discount varies, though I can't see it being less than 10%. The discount is not shown on your receipt, but rather applied to your first bill (you will pay tax on the full price.) I saved $42 on my bottle!
    That's good info to know especially if one is contemplating buying one of them like you and has a Bloomingdales close by. Wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the update.
    (1319)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yes
    But you have to wait for it to snow pink on the last Thursday of the never coming month

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    yes
    but you have to wait for it to snow pink on the last thursday of the never coming month
    lol!!

(2216)

Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, NO. Chanel is usually excempt from any sort of discounts... that being said, firstly, I know $240 is a lot of cash, but for 200ml of juice and an Exclusif line, and depending on the scent, I actually think they're quite well worth the price. But that's beside the point. The closest thing I've seen to a discount has been that here in Canada at Holt Renfew for example, they'll do a sale where if you spend $250, you get a store credit back of 15% of the purchase price back on a card... which you can then spend on a future purchase. So not quite a discount, but sort of money off.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

Have got no idea about the US, but certainly here in Europe, some airports have Chanel boutiques that sell the exclusive range at discounted rates.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Have got no idea about the US, but certainly here in Europe, some airports have Chanel boutiques that sell the exclusive range at discounted rates.
    That's very surprising. How much of a discount would you say off the retail?

(2269)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That's very surprising. How much of a discount would you say of the retail?

(2269)
    Think the 75ml are 110 retail. I saw then at the airport in London 88-something in that same size. Not bad if you ask me given that they are never on sale.