Code of Conduct

Default Selecting a signature fragrance with After Shave

How does one compromise the need for a 'daily After Shave', with a signature fragrance like e.g. Aventus, Tobacco. Vanille, Pure White, X etc. Surely these later are not to be used as an after shave ! , or is this incorrect . If one needs to apply a daily after shave daily, and also one of these fragrances - how does one blend the two liquids ?, without compromising the notes of the more expensive fragrance ? Thoughts suggestions ?

Default Re: Selecting a signature fragrance with After Shave

I don't really feel the need to use an aftershave. When I do, I just use a lightly scented balm like Nivea and then just spray my fragrance like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post
    I don't really feel the need to use an aftershave.
    Nor do I. I just use an unscented skin moisturizer prior to applying my fragrance and that works for me.
    (1171)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I use to worry about that when I started wearing fragrances only recently. I use a fragrance free after shave lotion by Aveeno that I was able to pick up in Target for under $5. I put a tiny amount in my palm and do a half spray of whatever frag I am going to wear that day and it is the same effect as paying $20+ for an aftershave that alot of times seems old or spoiled when you buy those discounted box sets.

I highly recommend this stuff. That way you aren't limited in choosing a signature scent.

i go with unscented. even then, i often use soap and water instead of aftershave.

don't let anyone fool you that you need to apply vitamins on your skin to make it healthier.

the best way to absorb nutrients is through a healthy diet. not so much topical treatment.

Banned
    Blog Entries

no after shave either..
    I use a lotion with cocoa butter and that's it

I use a Stetson After Shave and apply my fragrance afterwards.

Since I use mainly aftershave balm these days, I either search for the matching scented aftershave balm belonging to the same product line with actual fragrance or, if this is not possible, simply choose an unscented aftershave balm.

I don't use an after shave anymore like I use to.

Change it up and get a non scented after shave moisturizer instead or you can get Now a days aftershave balm of specific scent you're buying....non problem solved....Peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I use Ogallala Bay Rum aftershave because of the witch hazel. Works great on my skin and the scent is so fleeting that I barely have time to rush to my wife and ask her to smell my face. Bay rum has worked for hundreds of years. Why use anything else?

But I shave in the evening anyway and I never wear a fragrance to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Basenotes Plus

I use either the moisturizing balm version of the fragrance I am going to wear, or an unscented balm and then apply any scent I choose.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

My standard aftershave for the last few yrs has been eau sauvage edt, the fragrance itself and not the aftershave. There's a couple of Acqua di Parma's that I bought which came with aftershave lotion, which I use only bcoz they came with it.

I normally shave once, or in VERY rare cases, twice a week (ok, I'm lazy & no girls I've dated have really complained) and I use a unscented moisturizer and Eau sauvage after...

I use very rarely aftershave, but when i do, it's the same make than my edt. I think i have less than 10 % of my scents as both edt and aftershave.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)