Code of Conduct

Default Another reformulation

I own a bottle of L'Air de Rien (Miller Harris) which I love; it is my favourite by this niche company. The dry out smells very strongly of Oakmoss and Nitromusk, and I was concerned that it may have been reformulated. Unfortunately I was right in my suspicions. I was inJohn Lewis on Wednesday and managed to avoid the sales assistant long enough to get a spray of the tester bottle of L'Air de Rien. On top note it is very similar to my vintage version (indeed my vintage version has a Top Note that has gone "off"). However after a day or so, the difference becomes very obvious. The latest version contains no Moss and no Nitromusk (to my nose). It has been reformulated; a good reformulation to be sure, but a reformulation never the less.

Default Re: Another reformulation

At least you have found a reformulation David that you can live with!
    (1226)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    At least you have found a reformulation David that you can live with!
    (1226)
    I s'pose ( in a sullen voice).

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info., David.
    I noticed this thread whilst trying to find a recent thread about whether members buy products 'for' the dry down (which I haven't read yet) as my recent experience in sampling has been that the tendency seems to be towards becoming increasingly generic.

I had little experience with the scent.I tried it perhaps a couple of years ago and was underwhelmed. A fantastic top followed by seemingly nothing. Perhaps what I smelled was the reformulation, which would explain.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I had little experience with the scent.I tried it perhaps a couple of years ago and was underwhelmed. A fantastic top followed by seemingly nothing. Perhaps what I smelled was the reformulation, which would explain.

cacio
    Could well be Cacio. I always loved the dry down which was dirty and mossy. I still have the two smelling strips, my vintage still smells of Moss and Nitromusk, the new version is fading away to very little. A great shame. The Top and Middle of the reformulation are good, but the Drydown is very poor. You just cannot replace Moss or Musk Ketone. I doubt if I will be buying this again.

Basenotes Plus

Member teardrop advises that items from this line may be available at 25% below rrp at TKMaxx stores - the UK website only shows candles.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/372...34#post3015234