Code of Conduct

Default Safe niche citrus based blind buy

Hi guys, I'm interested in delving into the niche world and was wondering if anyone could suggest a fresh fragrance with a bit more quality than designer.... ( longevity being the main issue). I currently enjoy Versace pour homme and leau Dissey. I've been so far advised l'humaniste??
    Thanks

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Safe niche citrus based blind buy

Orange Sanguine by Atelier..
    Very natural and fresh..

What am I thinking about..
    VIW by Creed

I am sure most of the answers will be Creed frag's

L'Humaniste is an excellent fragrance, however, if longevity is your concern, you may want to sample L'Humaniste first. I get very good longevity with it, 8 to 12 hours, but I've heard a lot of people complain about its longevity.

Bergamote 22 by Le Labo is also a very nice citrus fragrance with good longevity. It's worth looking into.

I was also going to recommend you Almost Transparent Blue, but here I can attest that the longevity is not one of its stronger points.

MFK Acqua Universalis Forte
    Profumum Roma Acqua Viva

are a few citrus fresh scents with great longevity.

It should be noted here though that niche won't necessarily buy you better longevity -- many exclusive / expensive citrus scents can be just as fleeting, simply because citrus tends not to last very long on the skin -- it's somewhat unavoidable. L'Humaniste is more boozy to me than anything, and yes, definitely sample that first as it's quite a light scent.

After Caravelle Epicee which I have grown to love after each wearing. L'Humaniste is my next conquest from the Frapin line. The samples of that and 1270 have me leaning to the former. It is a light scent but a sparkling fresh one. Very nice.

+1✔️ Frapins L'Humaniste

note: just be advised that it has a reputation of having poor longevity....but it's a gorgeous scent.....FBW ...just get a traveling atomizer to give yourself a retouch....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Eau Sauvage is a good citrus fragrance. Niche doesn't mean that the fragrance will have excellent longevity.

L'Humaniste
    South Bay& Limon Di Cordoza by The Different Company.
    (1300)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Terre de Bois - Miller Harris has a solid citric opening that lasts a good while longer than perfumes in the same genre (woodsy / masculine).

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

Bergamote 22 by Le Labo is also a very nice citrus fragrance with good longevity. It's worth looking into.
    This too.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    After Caravelle Epicee which I have grown to love after each wearing. L'Humaniste is my next conquest from the Frapin line. The samples of that and 1270 have me leaning to the former. It is a light scent but a sparkling fresh one. Very nice.
    Sorry I don't get it but are you saying Caravelle Epicee has a strong citrus note in it?

for swap/sale:

+1 to Eau Sauvage.

Try Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud or Eau d'Hadrien; both excellent citrus. Another older one that I'd recommend will be Rochas Moustache.

L'eau de Hesperides by Diptyque .

I believe it is going to be Creed, this is how I started with niche.

Green Irish Tweed or Aventus are two high quality, inoffensive, but you need to shake your pocket though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    VIW by Creed

I am sure most of the answers will be Creed frag's
    I think there is a reason for that, and only newbies can tell

ADP Colonia would be a very safe bet

MFK APOM pour homme
    Acqua di Parma colonia assoluta
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I suggest Atelier's Orange Sanguine as well, it is one of my favorite citrus scents. The opening smells exactly like a fresh cut orange.

I like Frederic Malle's Bigarade Concentree quite a bit. To me it smells like an orange grove as it dries down.

Atelier Flou's Eau d'Aviateur is superb. A realistic orange on a sandalwood base.

If longevity is your main issue, you should consider the Atelier Cologne in niche for sure, they do a decent few hours of citrus on me (I own Orange Sanguine).

Also, have you tried Caron's 3rd Man? Don't be fooled by the low price. It's a fantastic citrus with a light floral touch. Lasts a good 8-12 hours, with citrus for about 3ish.

Colonia Assoluta would be a better pick than the orginal Colonia, it has a more pronounced citrus.

Even pricier is the Le Labo Limette 37. Now there's a citrus you don't smell everyday. Not sure how long it lasts though.