Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What puts you off about a house?

Generally speaking, I dislike limited editions.
    Jo Malone is a huge culprit-- the limited editions are often available only for 6-8 weeks before selling out. It is rare for any to be brought back.
    Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria fragrances are routinely discontinued. And the new ones are usually not available in our area.

I used to love Crabtree & Evelyn but am put off because of their reformulations: each new version of older fragrances seems to be worse than the previous one.

I am put off houses that only sell huge bottles of some of their fragrances. Creed, I'm looking at you. Seriously, how many people want to buy a minimum of 250ml of one fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    What puts me off about a house is when a decision is made to only release a fragrance to a limited geographic market.
    (1305)
    ^This. I can understand when a fragrance is limited based on the amount produced, but when a fragrance is limited by region it only means that others who may seek it out will likely have to pay exorbitant prices on eBay, which the house doesn't benefit from and may even detract from any perceived exclusivity the house may have intended.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Any ads with Brad Pitt? LOL. Those were so bad they were good.

When I go to the dept store, I have to really look to find a scent that's not made for a teenager. I hate that. It's like the mainstream perfumers are like..'we made this for a younger audience'..they are talking about a flanker when the previous juice was also 'made for a younger audience'. Ok. So moms can buy 50 different perfumes for their kids..and what am I left with here?
    OMG - the Brad Pitt ads. I loved them, but only after running around in circles and screaming NOOOOOOOO! for about a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I agree, thanks for the civility to all. Discussion is good and I really appreciate hearing the varying perspectives whether or not they agree with mine.

As far as off putting, I am frustrated when it's next to impossible to acquire a sample, or even the fragrance itself. I don't know that I am always inclined to completely give up, but sometimes I certainly do. I feel like the exclusive card gets played a bit to often and at times feels a bit like a con.
    Yes - the no samples thing can be REALLY annoying sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Generally speaking, I dislike limited editions.
    Jo Malone is a huge culprit-- the limited editions are often available only for 6-8 weeks before selling out. It is rare for any to be brought back.
    Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria fragrances are routinely discontinued. And the new ones are usually not available in our area.

I used to love Crabtree & Evelyn but am put off because of their reformulations: each new version of older fragrances seems to be worse than the previous one.

I am put off houses that only sell huge bottles of some of their fragrances. Creed, I'm looking at you. Seriously, how many people want to buy a minimum of 250ml of one fragrance?
    Yes - the big bottles are sometimes just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I can only buy a highly beloved scent in a flacon. Period. That's my line in the sand. Either that, or a known split.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ha ha, I just had to go listen to "Brad Pitt Meets the Frog Chorus" again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45_KXRvDvU

Blog Entries

^ LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    ^This. I can understand when a fragrance is limited based on the amount produced, but when a fragrance is limited by region it only means that others who may seek it out will likely have to pay exorbitant prices on eBay, which the house doesn't benefit from and may even detract from any perceived exclusivity the house may have intended.

Missed hednic's post for some reason, but it's a very valid (and seriously irritating) point.

Blog Entries

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...lfi-13389.html
    yes, I just tried this Creed in the "hand blown bottle" (like I care) it goes for $675!
    Luckily, I have a scent-twin in Diptyque- Jardin Clos
    Although, I did get a nice compliment from a stranger on the hotel elevator when I was on my trip, who said, Whatever I was wearing, it was working!