Code of Conduct

Default Higher quality = Fewer headaches, etc?

Does any anybody know why it seems that the higher the quality the juice, the easier it is to smell, ie more like clean air than a Mac truck smashing your brain?

All of my life, so far, I was an occasional user of average quality frags, and often got mild headaches, it seemed, from them.

Recently, I have began appreciation of higher end ones, and my sampling, so far, has been very encouraging in this regard, particularly with Creed.

Obviously, not only do these higher end ones smell genuinely great to me, but don't present any of the headache symptoms as others have in the past.

I know a lot of factors can affect this kind of thing, not the least of which is how my own chemistry may change, but what about the I ingredients contribute to such physiological things?

I am enjoying learning all about the science, and am assuming that maybe more natural ingredients or higher quality ones contribute to frags that are more pure smelling and less physiologically offensive.

Default Re: Higher quality = Fewer headaches, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post
    I am enjoying learning all about the science, and am assuming that maybe more natural ingredients or higher quality ones contribute to frags that are more pure smelling and less physiologically offensive.
    I would imagine that this has something to do with it, but maybe not everything. I have never gotten a headache from wearing any fragrance, so i would find it hard to pinpoint any one cause.
    (1375)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think it's all in your mind..
    I don't believe their is a scientific study on this..
    I have had 1 bad reaction to frag's in 20 years and that was Nautica Classic

This thing can't only add to a specific note that might enduce this issues on a wearer...note at hand could be found on niche or any other level of juice ...go figure!!! Thx God I haven't had this awful issue arise in my arena....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post
    What do you mean by "higher quality" materials? And why should Linalol from Bergamot Oil be any different in its effect to synthetic Linalol? Also what does "pure smelling"mean? How are some fragrances "physiologically offensive". With the greatest respect, I don't think you have thought this through.

As others were saying, natural or more costly doesn't mean they give less reactions. Indeed, the aromachemical lobby has been banning many natural materials because, they claim, they redden the skin of a small percentage of people. Whether and which substance gives reactions varies a lot across people. So perhaps you just found houses that don't use much or the substances you react to.

cacio

no correlation. if you were to graph quality over headache-inducement, the distribution would be even

I've smelled my share of headache inducing niches, so I don't agree with that at all.

The only strong reaction I got, was from SMW, it almost gave
    me headache