Code of Conduct

Red face I tested Amouage Interlude Man

Hello,

I tested Jubilation XXV and Interlude for men at the same time.

I wore Interlude on my right wrist and JXXV on my left wrist.

The longevity of Interlude is monstery. I wore it at 5 PM yesterday and now, I can still smell this stuff.

Unfortunately, the smell of JXXV disappeared after 4 hours.

I wished my favorite fragrance (Tobacco Vanille) could smell as long as Interlude.

I donīt like Interlude at all, because the smell of Amber is too strong to me and I really dislike the strong character of Amber.

Generally, I really love balsamic scent, but Interlude is one of them, that tries to be the most balsamic scent, but it fails.

Interlude smells after 12 hours like I was in the kitchen and cooked some dishes with onion and garlic.

Donīt get me wrong. I really love eating dishes cooked with garlic and onion, but thatīs not what I want to smell like.

Interlude is not well-blended, not sophiscated and has no identity.

Maybe, thatīs not only the problem of Interlude, but also of most Amouagesī creations.

JXXV is an exception for me. Maybe, thatīs the reason, why JXXV gets so much love in this forum.

I think that Amouage has the potential to create more wonderful perfumes.

So the golden era is coming yet for Amouage (Hopefully!!!).

Amouage is a luxury perfumery and every Amouage smells luxurious, but not more.

I have to try Reflection Man, Lyric Man and Beloved Man.

I have tried JXXV, Epic Man, Memoir Man and Interlude Man up to now.

I think I love JXXV (Greater than Chypre Palatin), but the longevity is poor. I cannot smell it after 3 or 4 hours

Memoir Man is interesting and smells mysterious like a black swan, but it gets boring and boring.

Epic Man...I cannot remember, but my poor memory says that Epic could be my Nr.2 Amouage or maybe better than JXXV ( I gotta try Epic again).

This regular line lacks character in my opinion.

Attar collections are indeed really amazing. Maybe, Attar collections have the best era of Amouage.

I hope I will not be dissappointed by Lyric Man, Beloved Man, Reflection Man and Epic Man again.

Default Re: I tested Amouage Interlude Man

I dislike it as well and agree with the kitchen analogy. The last few release Interlude, Fate and Beloved Man have been a real disappointment for me.

Agreed. In my oppinion Interude is a unbalanced chaotic mess.. My least favorit from Amouage.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Interlude is a disaster to me as well-great longevity though

I like it, but it's definitely a love or hate fragrance.

I think Interlude is a great fragrance. Besides longevity being great, it's a nice composition of notes which smells great on my skin.

After taking a shower, I can smell Interlude easily..

Insane that this longevity beats the longevity of TV.

Have tried it and thought it was OK but nothing that wowed me.
    (1416)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have JXXV and I get a whole days wear with one spray ...go figure!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I really enjoy Interlude Man. It has great longevity but doesn't project a lot on me. The oud smoke in it is very nice.

Jubilation XXV is a tricky one sometimes it seems to be very short lived but then hours later still catch whiffs of it. I think a lot of times with Jubilation myself and others easily get olfactory fatigue.

I absolutely love Interlude! Its intoxicating to me. Smoke, oudy, amber, incense. Excellent composition. Extreme performance. I bought a back up bottle recently, even though i may never even finish my current bottle even though i wear it probably once a week.

Its one of my favorites of all time. And my favorite Amouage. After Interlude is Jubilation. I get excellent longevity about 10-12 hours before its very close to skin, but still stirring about. Careful not to over spray it.

Next would be Epic, but i wear it rarely. Its SO peppery before it calms itself into something wonderful. I get about 8 hours of longevity here.

Those are my top 3 from the house. The only one i absolutely hate is Lyric. If the vanilla wasn't there it may be something i'd wear when i want to be very clean and boring, but the vanilla makes it nauseating to me. Almost like a cheap room spray or glade plug in.

Sorry to hear you don't love Interlude, its definitely not for every one.

P.S. First i've ever heard anyone say they get poor longevity out of Tobacco Vanille. Another monster!

I have tried Interlude a few times and learned that the further from my nose that I spray, the more I enjoy the scent. To me it smells vastly different when sprayed on my lower chest than my wrist. At a distance where I only catch wafts it is beautiful. Up close it is just too powerful for me and much like Epic, becomes a sinus fryer.

Try Lyric - pure bliss
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    Try Lyric - pure bliss
    I expect a lot from Lyric Man.

After testing Homage Attar, I thought that Amouage seems to handle really well with rose...

I am really excited because Lyric Man seems to be igorance in this forum..

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Interlude Man is one of my favourite Amouages. I actually prefer it to Jub XXV, which in have loved for a while now.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Interlude has monster silage and longevity. It'll drown out whatever else you are wearing. I don't think JXXV's longevity is that poor. Maybe you could no longer smell it when you wore it together with interlude. I know when my husband puts on Interlude, I can't smell my own fragrance at all. My Carnal Flower has pretty good silage. But i couldn't smell it when I was sitting beside my husband wearing Interlude. I joked Interlude was truly the king's fragrance. When the king talks in the Royal court, he is the only one you hear and smell.
    Last edited by sunflower77; 12th December 2013 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower77 View Post
    Interlude has monster silage and longevity. It'll drown out whatever else you are wearing. I don't think JXXV's longevity is that poor. Maybe you could no longer smell it when you wore it together with interlude. I know when my husband put on Interlude, I can't smell my own fragrance at all. My Carnal Flower has pretty good silage. But i couldn't smell it when I was sitting besides my husband wearing Interlude. I joked Interlude was truly the king's fragrance. When the king talks in the Royal court, he is the only one you hear and smell.
    Yes! I love that

This is a scent I never want to smell on anyone...but me.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

You get 4 hours from JXXV !??? That's insane!!

I got like 24+ hours from it!! And most people got atleast 8+ hours from it.

I think there's something wrong with your juice or your nose, seriously...

But kinda agree on Interlude Man. I almost like it. The scent itself is great, but not something I wanted to smell like.

And this smell somehow clings on me for 24 hours ...

Try not put the Oregano note in and I'm (maybe) sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I dislike it as well and agree with the kitchen analogy. The last few release Interlude, Fate and Beloved Man have been a real disappointment for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Agreed. In my oppinion Interude is a unbalanced chaotic mess.. My least favorit from Amouage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Interlude is a disaster to me as well-great longevity though

1st 3 responses pretty well summed up my feelings on this one. Oregano? Really? I don't want to smell that in a kitchen, much less on my skin for the next 18 hours. Their latest creations are so close to being good - but with one overloaded note that destroys it - oregano in this case.

I did a 180 on Interlude Man. Tried it, loved it, bought 30ml of it.....and then hated it. I can put up with it if I do one spray under my shirt onto my chest. The reason I hate it now is I get some kind of sweet from it. Not that I hate sweet but I cant stand what its putting off.

JXXV.....I have a similar problem with it that you are having. I spray it on, smell it for an hour or two and then it goes away only to return in wafts every once in a while. I think its a problem with my nose and the scent not agreeing with each other.

Interlude Man sporting that bright blue bottle is a winner. Longevity and silage is monstrous. To me it has the elegance of smoky oudy ambery projection that has me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Interlude Man sporting that bright blue bottle is a winner. Longevity and silage is monstrous. To me it has the elegance of smoky oudy ambery projection that has me hooked.
    Pretty much this. Love it. At first it was a mess, didn't get it at all. But something about it brought me back (my girlfriend telling me it was her favorite...) and once I finished my sample, had to add it to my collection. Though given my initial feelings on the scent it's no wonder to me why it's not everyones cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Pretty much this. Love it. At first it was a mess, didn't get it at all. But something about it brought me back (my girlfriend telling me it was her favorite...) and once I finished my sample, had to add it to my collection. Though given my initial feelings on the scent it's no wonder to me why it's not everyones cup of tea.
    Yes it took me a few wearings to really appreciate it. But now i find I am drawn to it more that Jubilation XXV.

Interlude is plain greatness
    Jubilation disappointing sillage for being an Amouage!

Last edited by pluran; 30th January 2014 at 08:42 AM.

i like interlude. once i get through the harsh opening it gets really complex smoky and sweet. excellent projection and longevity.
    jubilation did not impress me at all. dried figs with incense. below average longevity and projection
    Last edited by joov84; 11th December 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Hello,

Interlude is not well-blended, not sophiscated and has no identity.

Maybe, thatīs not only the problem of Interlude, but also of most Amouagesī creations.
    +1. However, I also think Jub XXV is a mess itself, the fake, plasticy smoke smell in the middle is horrible. I do enjoy the far far drydown (about 6 -7 hrs into the scent) which smell like a mix of creamy sandalwood & incense but the rest is just lack of direction like majority of others in Amouage Man line. Btw, Jub XXV last quite long on my skin
    Last edited by jasonx; 11th December 2013 at 08:55 AM.

I don't like Interlude either, but it is one of the more successful recent releases by Amouage though. I tried it on my skin and had to wash it off after several hours. Could still smell it after two hours. I think it's easily the strongest out there.

As for Epic, I can't see myself being without a bottle of this (subject to the usual reformulation clauses!). It's a great frankincense and myrrh scent that just smells divine!

My favorite Amouage's :
    ( in order)

Homage
    Ciel Man
    Interlude Man
    Jubilation XXV
    Arcus

Haven't found any others bottle worthy, despite liking stages of Opus IV, Fate man, and Al Andalous.

I love it.

My worry is that it will be their last great fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I love it.

My worry is that it will be their last great fragrance.
    I keep reading this thought about Amouage, not sure why. Interlude Man and Woman were 2012, and both were very interesting and complex creations if not everyones cup of tea. Opus Vi was 2012, and VII was 2013, and in my opinion both outstanding creations, absolutely FBW. While Fate Man seems to be a disappointment for most people (myself included, smells like curry to me), Fate Woman is imho one of the best releases of 2013. Too feminine for me to wear, but it gives me confidence that the house is headed in a positive direction.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I keep reading this thought about Amouage, not sure why. Interlude Man and Woman were 2012, and both were very interesting and complex creations if not everyones cup of tea. Opus Vi was 2012, and VII was 2013, and in my opinion both outstanding creations, absolutely FBW. While Fate Man seems to be a disappointment for most people (myself included, smells like curry to me), Fate Woman is imho one of the best releases of 2013. Too feminine for me to wear, but it gives me confidence that the house is headed in a positive direction.
    Hey -- I hope you are right but Beloved Man and Fate Man (Eau Noire smashes it) were so disappointing for me and I really get this feeling that their best days are behind them

I will not write off Amouage! Some I love, some I like, and some just do not work for me. But Christopher Chong has moved this house in an interesting direction. Fate was stated to be the last of that series and there are hints of a new series. It remains to be seen what will be coming next from Amouage. I await new releases with great anticipation! Given their track record I expect some amazing 5 star scents, some solid releases and a few that I will not like...just like most successful houses.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

What I would really like to know is why Amouage brought relatively many fragrances in 2012 and 2013 (especially in 2013) at the same time?

Beloved Men/Women, Fate Men/women and Opus VI and VII are just too many releases for a niche house to me.

Maybe, Fate is really a hint as Akahina stated, that Amouage will start a different genre or new creations....

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    +1. However, I also think Jub XXV is a mess itself ... I do enjoy the far far drydown (about 6 -7 hrs into the scent)
    6-7 hours? Throwing out SL's La fille de Berlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Hey -- I hope you are right but Beloved Man and Fate Man (Eau Noire smashes it) were so disappointing for me and I really get this feeling that their best days are behind them
    I sure hope you are wrong! No house has so many fragrances that speak to me the way Amouage does, it would be terrible for them to slip.
    Last edited by rouj; 11th December 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Big fun fragrance with a little mystery. Can't ask for more.
    Last edited by pluran; 19th February 2014 at 09:56 PM.

I was a little disappointed with Interlude Man, but I've only worn my sample once and will give it another chance in a few days.

I generally dislike oregano in a fragrance - I've never warmed to Tuscan Leather because of it - and I find that it persists through Interlude Man, though it times I can read it as the burning opium that some reviewers have mentioned, or a person who has recently smoked marijuana. There is a burning herbal smell, let's say.

I never really got much amber from it, though it's hard to say if that would have improved things. Overall it was mostly that burning herb smell which I guess is what oregano mixed with oppoponax would smell like.

I'm fairly new to Amouage and have also sampled Epic Man, Fate Man, Opus VII and Memoir Man. I have not worn any of them more than twice yet. So far Memoir Man is my clear favorite followed by Fate Man. I feel that the newer ones are mostly the same base with a different front end. Kudos to Fate Man for getting me to enjoy a cumin and saffron opening!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Zatarain, I do recommend giving any Amouage scent several full tries (assuming something in one appeals to you) as they really take time to reveal their charms. In my experience, the ones that finally click, like Memoir Man, end up being some of my most gratifying fragrance experiences.

Interlude is a scrubber. It's awful. Campfire and Amber. It's not sophisticated to me....it's a lumberjack scent.

Thank you for that advice, onethinline, I am going to sample them all again. I also have a few other Amouage samples to try; Opus VI, Reflection Man and one other, I can't remember which one.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

It's a riot

I love Interlude Man so very much. It's probably my all time favorite scent. At the very least, it's in my all time top three. TWO sprays of it last 24 hours on skin, and the scent lingers for days on clothes. Two sprays. Oh, my, god, never more than two!

There's smoke. There's amber. There's spice. Spice, spice and more spice. Incense? It's in there. Labdanum? It's in there. Oud? Yeah. Leather? Awe yeah. How's about some opoponax? It's fun to say and it's fun to smell... and it's in there.

I've never smelled anything like it.

The bottle is gorgeous.
    The cap is heavy as lead.
    Even the box is a work of art.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 15th February 2014 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Typo? Type. Oh.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

When I have the money I'm gonna make this my signature scent. I sampled it, and I was told I literally smelled like I was on fire. I thought that was kinda badass, like Eastwood, Brando and Dean level badass. If you have the gonads to drown out everyone else's smell with your own leathery ambery incense it is a blast. I guess also growing up with my parents burning incense every day made me predisposed to like nice incense If anything I'm glad this isn't everyone's cup of tea - it's not something you'd wear as a crowd pleaser!! But sigh, I have to stick with Encre Noire til I can afford it though :I

Someone in the SSS thread called this psychotic. I thought "exactly". I enjoy that aspect of it!

Tried out my small decant and have absolutely fallen head over heels for this!

Wore it twice and both times the openings were different! Lasted well above 12 hours on my skin.

First time it was a citrus and sweet honey and Smoke which gradually evolved into a lovely creamy leather and vanilla with a hint of oud floating around and then finally a nice sweet mix of incense and leather with a hint of amber.

Second time a strong earthy oud (reminded me of Burmese oud) opening which lingered and then slowly creeping in hints of leather and honey gradually changing into a leather mixed with sweet incense and creamy vanilla.

One word - fantastic! Definetly gonna get a FB 100 ml if possible or at least the 50 ml. And yeah very strong ...less is more in this case 3 sprays creates a nice effect!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by blackheart2925; 13th March 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Basenotes Member

I remember getting a sample vial of this and 5 other Amouages. I wore them all at the same time. Interlude easily demolished the field. At the time it was too much. I wasn't ready for the blast this thing emitted, so I thought I didn't like it. However...I didn't wash it off. In fact, it kept creeping up my nose every so often and kept coming back to it. What started as a crazy smoke bomb, turned into a semi sweet creamy concoction that enchanted me with its interlude. This scent made all the other Amouages forgettable. I've got 10 ml on the way, but this will definitely be a full bottle purchase by next fall.