Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Decanting supplies?

A small abundance of a discontinued fragrance might arrive next week or so, and I may try to sell off a large amount by way of decanting and/or bottle(s) or w/e.

What are reputable websites/places to get decanting supplies from?

Interested in pipettes, small graduated cylinders, and quality glass atomizers - at least.

Thanks in advance!

(If there's any recommendations on what to get in addition to, please feel free to comment/suggest!)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Decanting supplies?

I would also include www.bestbottles.com
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel Eau de Cologne, Batucada, Balle de Match) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-L-Artisan-PdN

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Selection Verte, Bois de Santal, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel, L'Artisan, Parfums de Nicolai) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. For trying to do ~10 mL decants; would you recommend a 10 mL size atomizer? or go up a little, or what?

If I put ~10 mL of liquid into a 10 mL atomizer, I'd maybe want some space, and not have it seem 'packed' in there - may also be helpful during the shipping process to allow for expanding without bursting/liquid coming out perhaps?
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 11th December 2013 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Thanks guys. For trying to do ~10 mL decants; would you recommend a 10 mL size atomizer? or go up a little, or what?

If I put ~10 mL of liquid into a 10 mL atomizer, I'd maybe want some space, and not have it seem 'packed' in there - may also be helpful during the shipping process to allow for expanding without bursting/liquid coming out perhaps?
    Most, if not all atomizers hold more than advertised. A 10ml atomizer would hold closer to 12ml if filled completely.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally I have not found that the atomizers hold more than the advertised amount.

I suggest buying some 10ml syringes so you can measure accurately.
    http://www.affwebshop.com/servlet/th...0ml/Categories

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    No need to look further . . .

http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com

Good move. Never fill to the top when decanting. Always allow a little space so the decant won't burst during handling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post

Post Thanks / Like

No need to look further . . .

http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com
    Yes..this one my Utube favorite splitter uses this one.....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents"

Post Thanks / Like

Theoretically(?), would 10 ml be able to fit comfortably in http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfume-Atom...item7b6f304d75 ?

As in good to fit 10 ml and allow for expansion during shipping process?

Also, is it recommended to add some kind of tape or something around the area where the atomizer top gets screwed onto the bottle itself? I got decants from Boomer before and they came with a kind of tape or something.

Edit: If any of you guys/gals who do decanting could link for what type(s) you use for 10 ml, thanks in advance .

Those atomizers work great. Yes, they will hold 10ml comfortably.

The tape you're referring to is called micro film. It can be used as an extra precaution, but it's not necessary. Just make sure you leave a little room for expansion.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 12th December 2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Those atomizers work great. Yes, they will hold 10ml comfortably.

The tape you're referring to is called micro film. It can be used as an extra precaution, but it's not necessary. Just make site you leave a little room for expansion.
    Thank you, . Might start actually trying to sell decants for the first time coming up some time soon/soonish.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use plumber's tape (a.k.a. Teflon tape) over the threads (go no more than 2 times around the threads) which improves the seal when I screw on the sprayer.

Then I wrap over the joint with Parafilm (available on eBay-- a 5 or 10 feet, 4" wide, is cheap enough.) Parafilm is used in labs to seal beakers. You stretch it as you apply it and it adheres only to itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everything is sold in bulk online. Are there any retail stores that might stock 5/10 ml bottles and atomizers? Suppose I wanna go out now and buy them, any luck with that?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Seems like everything is sold in bulk online. Are there any retail stores that might stock 5/10 ml bottles and atomizers? Suppose I wanna go out now and buy them, any luck with that?
    There is always Amazon, but you will pay dearly for onesies.

Post Thanks / Like

There is always Amazon, but you will pay dearly for onesies.
    That is still online, lol.. I guess there arent any specialty stores that I could just walk in and buy a handful of atomizers for like a $1.00 each?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    I was on the hunt for atomizers and found that small atomizers are difficult to find in retail stores. I checked drug stores, department stores, and craft stores. Ended up purchasing Travalo 5ml atomizers (http://www.travalo.com/) from Perfumania. Also seen them in a craft store.