Code of Conduct

Default Is it just me or does Tobacco Vanille.....

.....make you physically ill when you smell it?!

I like vanilla and tobacco scents, but after trying this...the stronger tobacco/vanilla scents like Samba Skin even started to turn my stomach. I will admit that when I smelt a little on my pillow from my hand rubbing against it(after 2 days, not less!)TV did keep me coming back for a sniff oddly enough....but dang this stuff in crazy strong, I only dabbed a little on my wrist.

Default Re: Is it just me or does Tobacco Vanille.....

No. I like the smell, and it doesn't make me sick at all. A bit sweet, but a nicely done fragrance - no nausea for me.

It has this effect on me if I'm not ultra conservative with it. As in a half spray under the shirt.

I find it cloying even with one spray so any more than that could bring on nausea for me.

I have found it very cloying also the times I've tried it.
    (1466)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It somehow keeps me on the verge of sneezing...

I had to get rid of mine because even a walkthrough was too much. I didn't get so much tobacco/vanilla as I did honey, honey, honey.

It even turned me off to honey for a time that made me use syrup on my oatmeal.

Not really nausea for me, just not a fan of the stuff. Reminds me of some sort of Yankee Candle scent, Vanilla Honeycomb if that were a scented candle.

Vanilla bomb after only 10 minutes of premo tobacco... I'll pass

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    No. I like the smell, and it doesn't make me sick at all. A bit sweet, but a nicely done fragrance - no nausea for me.
    Hey Doug, I'm curious....how much and where do you apply?

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    It has this effect on me if I'm not ultra conservative with it. As in a half spray under the shirt.
    I think if I can muster up the stones to give this a go again, I'm thinking this maybe the only way I'll be able to stand it.

It is very cloying indeed, tobacoo then vanilla, they take turns in presenting themselves.
    Sometime become unwearable

I hate both tobacco and vanilla. You are not alone. Any fragrance with vanilla in it makes me feel ill.

I just don't like it! it's cloying!

Didn't make me sick, but I did think it was overpriced and extremely linear

It's smells like filth to me. Yep, it's a nice tobacco scent, but like most TF fragrances, I can't take it for longer than a few minutes. Most of the scents by this brand are more like 'concept' fragrances rather than something I would like to wear. The few that I do like are just re-inventions of existing scents. IMHO of course.

Tobacco Vanille is well-blended and smells really good.

The combination of tobacco and vanilla is perfect. I can smell tobacco with vanilla even after 5 hours.

It is not cloying and I need minimum two sprays to enjoy this fragrance.

Tobacco Vanille smells also mature. Thatīs why I like it even more than any other fragrances.

Try Acqua di Cuba Santa Maria Novella and Cigar by Remy Latour, a tiny vanilla/tobacco presence (just minimal in Cigar), never cloying and balanced.
    Last edited by Darvant; 12th December 2013 at 11:47 AM.

No prob for me. 10-12 sprays is about right!

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    =-O

I sample it, way in the past and still have a small decant and find it too cloying and not my cup of tea in any weather, irregardless of how much love it gets here and else where...above all this, not to sound contradictive or so it's still nice juice but not for me...and not FBW IMHO ....know Tuscan Leather, Plum Japonais Oud Wood and then we are talking serious stuff.....
    Last edited by magnus611; 12th December 2013 at 03:39 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Really like Tobacco Vanille. You just have to go with 2 sprays max and you're good.

It's my favorite scent. However, I don't spray more than 1-2x. It can be lethal/nauseating after that. Especially if your in a well heated room wearing a wool sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    What a wimp. I go though a bottle a week

No sick feeling for me. Not like when I wore Tuscan Leather -- now that is FILTH

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Hey Doug, I'm curious....how much and where do you apply?
    I usually do a spray under the shirt. Sometimes 2 if I am wearing something heavy. It projects pretty well, but I think the talk about how radioactive it is seems to be a bit exaggerated IMO.

My how times have changed -- this was one of the most beloved fragrances here on BN about 18 months ago.

Very true Dougczar. Everyone was loving TV not too long ago. Now all of a sudden...hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I usually do a spray under the shirt. Sometimes 2 if I am wearing something heavy. It projects pretty well, but I think the talk about how radioactive it is seems to be a bit exaggerated IMO.

My how times have changed -- this was one of the most beloved fragrances here on BN about 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Try Acqua di Cuba Santa Maria Novella and Cigar by Remy Latour, a tiny vanilla/tobacco presence (just minimal in Cigar), never cloying and balanced.
    I've actually ran into Cigar a couple times on the cheap, but ended up not pulling the trigger.

I love it for about 20 minutes. After that, I don't mind it, but it's not nearly as good.

I cannot wear this. Tried it once, the only frag I have ever had to wash off. Beautiful opening, then becomes sickly cloying.

It has a strong off-putting honey smell.

No problems here. Love the stuff.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love TV, but i think there is an ingredient, or combination of ingredients, which if in stronger concentration would cause nausea. I have always had the feeling but the smell of TV more than compensated.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

It is a compliment getter, to be sure, but I think it's gross. It smells as if the tobacco was added to mask the excessive sweetness.

Never any nausea associated with TV. It seems like its not the perfume for you OP. Theres plenty more to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Never any nausea associated with TV. It seems like its not the perfume for you OP. Theres plenty more to choose from!
    I'll definitely give it another try before I give up on it, but you could be right. Just never had a scent give me that kind of reaction.(no desire to try Secretions Magnifique!lol) Hell who knows, I may have had some short lived flu bug already working on me at the unfortunate time of trying it?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Powerful stuff indeed..
    I was thinking of buying a tobacco frag but forgot I had some decants of this!!
    My 1st sampling today and I love it..
    3 sprays might be max with this and Amber Absolute!!

Cloying, gag reflex, nausea or me. This is one of the few I actually washed off.
    Tried it a couple times, same result.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

What I've found is that these kinds of scents are often great because you only need a tiny amount (so the "value" is incredible). It may be that you have to decant it into a vial and dab it on. Just don't smell them up close on the skin !

Basenotes Plus

This fragrance should be worn in cool weather. Two sprays indoors, more if you're gonna be outside. If you're getting a cloying affect, there's a chance you're over applying it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    I'll definitely give it another try before I give up on it, but you could be right. Just never had a scent give me that kind of reaction.(no desire to try Secretions Magnifique!lol) Hell who knows, I may have had some short lived flu bug already working on me at the unfortunate time of trying it?
    I'd be more interested if its more that you just can't take powerful perfume, or is it the combo of notes that bothers you? Do you have this problem with any other powerful perfumes?

My kryptonite is Black Afgano. I love powerful perfume, if i like the smell, you can crank the volume to 11 and i can't get enough.
    Its the notes in Black Afgano that bring me to my knees. Its that combo of nutty, incensey sour/sweet smoke, with a sort of vetivery green....BLAH....i can't take it, it turns my stomach. I tried SO many times with it. It just wasn't for me!

It's a little cloying, and I get a xmas cake vibe which makes me smile.
    Last edited by mixerscent; 28th December 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Having used TV for over 2 years, I have to say that this fragrance was wonderful and delicious at first, but time after time, this is boring and souless.

I sold my TV.

Basenotes Plus

I liked the initial progression and then it became a monster on me, this with just one small spray. Had to scrub it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically, one spray maximum for me. I enjoy TV, but over application is done at one's peril. TV does become cloying to me fast, one maybe two sprays is all I will tolerate. Sweet and linear are a no no to my nose.

I actually really like it but have to be very careful with the number of sprays. It is quite strong, and if you over spray, it can be quite cloying. This is one of the few that my wife actually likes!