Code of Conduct

Default CDG2 Man - Longevity

My skin seems to soak up most things like a sponge, but this, for some reason, seems to last forever on me despite not seemingly noted as a monster. Or is it?

Put a couple of sprays on my hand yesterday and can still smell it, over 20 hours later, despite a bath and having something else over the top of it.

Amazing fragrance by the way.

Default Re: CDG2 Man - Longevity

I love it, no longevity problems, possibly a good substitute for Gucci PH I!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Good sillage but did not project great on my skin..
    I prefer GPH over this

I get great longevity on clothing..about 12 hours and 7-8 on skin. No problems with this projecting either. I wouldn't compare this fragrance to Gucci pour Homme as they're two entirely different fragrances aside from the cedar. Personally, I prefer the complexity and additional notes of 2 Man to Gucci pour Homme's cedar and incense...although it's very nice...I like a little more from my fragrances.

Have had no longevity problems with this one either when I've tried it.
    (1486)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This is a longevity beast for me too.I Easily get a full days wear at the office and then some. My only problem with this one is the bottle. It lays down and It seems I pass over it quite a bit when in a hurry to select a fragrance.

I agree, the bottle is not the best. I've seen acrylic bottle stands for these, but I have no clue where to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    This is a longevity beast for me too.I Easily get a full days wear at the office and then some. My only problem with this one is the bottle. It lays down and It seems I pass over it quite a bit when in a hurry to select a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I agree, the bottle is not the best. I've seen acrylic bottle stands for these, but I have no clue where to find them.
    If you ever do let me know. Thanks for the information.

I was lucky enough to receive a 100ml acrylic stand with a bottle of CDG 2MAN which I procured through a trade recently. Was just thinking today where to find a 50ml one for my bottle of the original edp.

Longevity should be measured in projection length not in skin longevity. Unless of course you wear your perfume by raising your wrist to your nose.

for swap/sale:

I get good longevity in that if I bring my wrist to my nose, it is still there. But this one does not project as much as say APLS or Rose 31 by Le Labo. Then again, It is not shy either. Lovely white smoke sort of vibe going on and if my daughter does not get me a scent for Christmas, I will be trying to source a good deal to get a bottle of this I think

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    LOL, I was just thinking this. It is easily in my top 5 fragrances, but I haven't worn it in ages. I've been too busy sampling new stuff.

Longevity is average, in my opinion. Which is fine with me, because I don't need nor even want more than three hours of the same fragrance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I was lucky enough to receive a 100ml acrylic stand with a bottle of CDG 2MAN which I procured through a trade recently. Was just thinking today where to find a 50ml one for my bottle of the original edp.
    Looks like I wasn't the only one looking for cases / stands... Anyone who has some info please share or send a pm...

As for 2 Man, I wish I got that many hrs of projection / longevity... I get abt 3-4 hrs of projection after which it becomes a strong skin scent...

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    LOL, I was just thinking this. It is easily in my top 5 fragrances, but I haven't worn it in ages. I've been too busy sampling new stuff.
    Me too. But this thread prompted me to wear it today so I can better gauge it in this frigid weather we are currently experiencing on the eastern seaboard.

No longevity issues with CDG2Man because of the tenacious woodyamber base. I've to say though, that I usually don't give *so* much importance to longevity when it comes to certain fragrances.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I could have bought CDG2 for 38 Euros in Italy a few months ago. I tested it six times from different shops. I couldn't get it to last more than three hours on my wrists, and it had zilch by way of projection. And it wasn't like say Gucci Rush which did something similar, but then burst back to life with a bit of perspiration. So I passed on it.

Funny how some scents seem to produce wildly different results on different people.
    Regards,
    Renato

I have both but GPH I by far more complex and long lasting.

from my experience with CDG fragrances, the testers seem to come with the acrylic stand in the package (my CDG 2, Wonderwood, 2 Man testers all gave this stand but the retail package does not).