Code of Conduct

Default I wonder if Fragrancenet sent me a fake VIW

I recently got a Virgin Island Water from Fragrancenet.com

since it was unusually cheap. (I bought it for 130$ which is less than a half the orginal price)

Even though this is my first writing, I learned from the past few forums

that Fragrancenet and FragranceX are relatively safe site to buy perfumes.

However,1) the packaging of the perfume and 2)the absence of the father and son picture card

make me doubt whether I have made the right choiceㅜ_ㅜ

I don't own any creed perfumes and don't know how to distinguish if it is fake or not.

Can any VIW distinguish conterfeits?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I wonder if Fragrancenet sent me a fake VIW

It looks fine..
    What makes you think it is fake besides what you mentioned..
    The key thing is smell and longevity..
    I just bought my VIW a week ago and it has excellent longevity..

Fragnet probably didn't sell you a fake. They have other faults, but fakes is not one of them.

Take off the sprayer and see if the area underneath it is white. That's usually a decent indicator of authenticity from what I've been told in the past.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Looks good from the photos. Enjoy!

Looks fine to me too.
    (1477)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

L e g i t : but if you are not gonna have peace of mind return it...and save triple this amount and you can get it then at the Boutique....IMHO I have nothing but Greatfulness towards fragrancenet(saving me on Euros) and as I have posted many times over and not my last here, I've done empirical test with Authorized vendors of creeds and there are times these found in Fragrancenet are a bit more potent on my Skin Chemistry must be that extra note of Cat pee they put in Middle Eastern Market....lol. ....Go figure ...Peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    L e g i t : but if you are not gonna have peace of mind return it...and save triple this amount and you can get it then at the Boutique....IMHO I have nothing but Greatfulness towards fragrancenet(saving me on Euros) and as I have posted many times over and not my last here, I've done empirical test with Authorized vendors of creeds and there are times these found in Fragrancenet are a bit more potent on my Skin Chemistry must be that extra note of Cat pee they put in Middle Eastern Market....lol. ....Go figure ...Peace
    Some how your comment made me peaceful thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    It looks fine..
    What makes you think it is fake besides what you mentioned..
    The key thing is smell and longevity..
    I just bought my VIW a week ago and it has excellent longevity..
    I think i should better trust my nose more than any other things, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Fragnet probably didn't sell you a fake. They have other faults, but fakes is not one of them.

Take off the sprayer and see if the area underneath it is white. That's usually a decent indicator of authenticity from what I've been told in the past.
    I'm just so curious how fragrancenet can sell really cheap perfumes.... Can Creed be wholesaled even though they are produced in smaller numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by whgpf95 View Post
    I'm just so curious how fragrancenet can sell really cheap perfumes.... Can Creed be wholesaled even though they are produced in smaller numbers?
    Same concept comes into play as when you go to buy clothes, sneakers, shoes etc : from a reputable designer or manucf. on outlets on the outer perimeters of a main city in a state is it because of rent being paid in conjunction with other manucfs In these same premises in contrast to a Main city thoroughbred real estate....like real estate brokers say "It's all about location , location and location"....but oohhh No the SA in these premises will say quote ...Ooohhh no, this not true .....ooooohhhh K....Logic points to this....peace......Just be smart and know your product so you can differentiate faux from authentic ...this goes for everything .......God bless
    Last edited by magnus611; 12th December 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

It's fine, no worries.

I've ordered Creed from Fragrancenet for several years now and never had an issue.

Aside from knowing your products as mentioned, know your e-tailer.

It's fake, I can tell, trust me.

Looks just like my bottle...it's all good. I wouldn't get to hung up on the fact that the card was missing. Their can be multiple possibilities why.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Fragrancenet and FragranceX never sell fakes these are very very reputable companies.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Fragrancenet and FragranceX never sell fakes these are very very reputable companies.
    100% Authentic.

I would say just apply it, then pop up to the nearest boutique then compare

Quote Originally Posted by whgpf95 View Post
    I recently got a Virgin Island Water from Fragrancenet.com

since it was unusually cheap. (I bought it for 130$ which is less than a half the orginal price)

Even though this is my first writing, I learned from the past few forums

that Fragrancenet and FragranceX are relatively safe site to buy perfumes.

However,1) the packaging of the perfume and 2)the absence of the father and son picture card

make me doubt whether I have made the right choiceㅜ_ㅜ

I don't own any creed perfumes and don't know how to distinguish if it is fake or not.

Can any VIW distinguish conterfeits?
    Yes, it is possible for you to buy a fake from fragrancenet. I myself bought a fake VIW from fragrancenet. Mine did have the father and son authenticity card. But the card is of different proportion length versus width compared with the real product. The printing of the word Millesime is missing ' above the letter E on both the front and the back of the box. And most of all, the scent is very different than VIW.

Grey market sellers source their products from different suppliers. Sometimes counterfeit fell through the crack. Even costco sold counterfeit Balenciaga city bags when they sourced grey market products.

I bought many authentic fragrances from fragrancenet. But I will never tell anyone that you won't ever buy a fake Creed from them.
    Last edited by sunflower77; 21st December 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ijoshjosh View Post
    It's fake, I can tell, trust me.
    Please share