Code of Conduct

Default Pure Malt 2013 Edition ?

Hello All

I want to purchase both Pure Havane and Pure Malt and it's good to see the Mugler store has both in stock! Some of those ebay prices over the last couple of years have been ridiculous. Anyway, I noticed they have a new Pure Malt 2013 Edition as well as just plain old Pure Malt. Is the 2013 edition a reformulation? I'm confused what the difference is because Mugler are selling both on their site: LINK

Default Re: Pure Malt 2013 Edition ?

They're both the same IMHO and there's no great discrepancy in dated one before 2013 when the great greedy frenzy came upon us ....2013 release is the same, who ever tells is different better get of their Meds : Btw, is the juice inside that counts not bottling and they're identical juice wise to my nose, so no sweat here ....enjoy ......Cheerios mate
    Last edited by magnus611; 12th December 2013 at 09:14 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Two good ones. Enjoy!

Thanks

I've worn both via decants and can't decide which I prefer, but both are bottle worthy so why not buy both I have a small sample of Tobacco Vanille which is an outstanding fragrance, but Pure Havane is much more wearable. Pure Malt doesn't really smell like anything to me.

I've not posted on here in a while but all my regular frags are finished or running low (Creed SMW, MI, Amber pour homme, La Nuit, Reflection Man, Jubilation) so I've been looking to buy a few to replace these.

I blind bought Dior Homme Intense a few weeks ago purely on the back of reviews. I don't dislike it, but it's not one I particularly like either. Funnily enough it gets a lot of strong compliments. Welcome to the fragrance world huh? That balance between pleasing others and pleasing yourself isn't a simple one!
    Also i have Guerlain L'Eau on the way and an impulse buy, Love and Luck. It was so cheap I couldn't resist!

There is one fragrance I'd love to buy but can't justify the cost. That's Spirituese Double Vanille. I absolutely love it. It would be in my top 3. What a shame.

Sent from my HTC One

Congrats in advance in acquiring them!
    (1502)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Congrats on your purchase!
    And your Spirituese? I'll give you 3 months. 4 tops

Quote Originally Posted by 601red View Post
    Congrats on your purchase!
    And your Spirituese? I'll give you 3 months. 4 tops
    It works out over $3/2 per ml which is a bit excessive. I don't think it's one that will ever be priced more reasonably so I think I'll pass. Shame.

Sent from my HTC One

I've bought Pure Havane from the site, which incidentally includes 3 samples of my choosing. I chose mugler cologne and two women's scents.

Malt can wait for now. There's a few others I'm mulling over, including Bvlgari Black, 24 Gold, Gucci pour homme 2, Bentley pour homme intense and midnight in Paris. I need to pick one -- except Black, it's a blind buy!

It's funny how on this site people tend to recommend scents based on other scents someone likes. That's great, but then you don't discover anything new and don't go out of your little corner. I like everything from barnyard oud, tobacco, even rose, to clean white musk and aquatics. As long as it's done RIGHT pretty much anything can be enjoyable.

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 15th December 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Just purchased this today.

The limited edition is on offer 30% off, 35.45 delivered
    http://www.muglerstore.co.uk/A*Men%2...d.html?start=1

Purchased this today. They got a 30% off offer on and its 31.
    Last edited by jhericurls; 28th January 2014 at 02:09 PM.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Purchased this today. They got a 20% off offer on and its 31.
    Really?
    Tempted to get another bottle of PH. I like PM but I can't see myself without PH at the moment.

Why has nobody criticized the horrific sprayers on these. They are terrible and you just can't get a clean spray.

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 28th January 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hi!
    Just moving this to the Male Fragrance Discussion part of the Forum.
    Thanks!

Damn, i wish i saw this thread earlier. 30% off would of been great! Im looking to buy both Pure Havane and Pure Malt. I was also confused how they have two versions of Pure Malt available. I guess as you guys say its the same, then the cheaper 2013 version is the one to go for (albeit only by a few s)

Basenotes Member

on beauty encounter the price for the old batch has jumped to $125
    other places still have old batch at reasonable prices . ebay sells the new for around $100 plus postage . to me pure malt smells like oranges and lipstick . its pretty good , but i like pure havane better . they need to bring back pure coffee.

I found the 2013 one to be very sweet. Haven't had a chance to test much, so cannot speak about the longevity.
    How is the longevity and projection of the creation 2013 edition?

Basenotes Plus

I have both of them and can't tell much difference between the pair

Just ordered Pure Havane and Malt. Also saw the 2013 edition, it was cheaper than the original, but the difference was like 3 GBP, which is nothing. Honestly, i don't know why would anyone order the 2013 edition if the original is available, which is known by everyone and safe to buy. It might be some reformulated s**t, i don't think it's completely the same fragrance, wouldn't make sense. But that's just my two cents.

Well I finally got to smell this today at Macy's. I am assuming this is the current one.

I've got to tell you I am absolutely stumped at what people are getting from this :

THREE big sprays to my hairy arm. I get an astringent blast of alcohol and a little fragrance of something that I couldn't pick out. I waited a few minutes and smelled my arm again....NOTHING. Maybe a little malt ? Who knows but I don't get any fragrance out of this sucker. Now it's an hour into my three sprays and I THINK I smell a REALLY faint carmel smell in the background but I can't be sure because it is too faint.

WTF ! I seriously doubt the tester was off. These people make a living on those things and spray it all day. It leads me to believe that it is the actual juice.

So to re cap. I was so pleased to finally try PM but was let down because I couldn't smell a darn thing on my arm.

I am sitting here in disbelief .

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post

THREE big sprays to my hairy arm. I get an astringent blast of alcohol and a little fragrance of something that I couldn't pick out. I waited a few minutes and smelled my arm again....NOTHING.
    Well... That's unfortunate for you. But we all know for a fact that Pure Malt is beast mode.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray