Code of Conduct

Default Spicebomb, still

Against almost all odds I ended up buying a 150ml bottle of Spicebomb.
    And now I wonder: has it been reformulated ? It is from August 2013 and it seems to be a little too weak, I mean,should one expect something close to a bomb, really? The sprayer releases a sort of dense mist, and I applied about 4 to 6 mists on my arm for a test.
    Still, I think I like it so far. It's smells like MKors in the opening but better and a bit more modern. Then passes close to MB Individuel and Jacques Bogart pH, nicer and more friendly, again. And setles down as a more complex, smoothier and classier version of DsQ2 Potion. Not being very strong is a bonus for me. So, anybody knows about a reformulation, this early? Thanks,

PS.: I don't see much connection to EdB and Gucci pH II.
    Last edited by prosperonline; 12th December 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Default Re: Spicebomb, still

No connection at all to EdB or GPH2, great standalone frag with amazing performance.

Haven't heard anything about a reform although I was very surprised to discover this ones only a year old, feels like its been around for ages.

Haven't heard of any reforms.

There's no connection for me, too. It seems that a lot have been said about it, so much hate, so we tend to think it's been here for a much longer time than actually it has. thanks, JM
    Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    No connection at all to EdB or GPH2, great standalone frag with amazing performance.

Haven't heard anything about a reform although I was very surprised to discover this ones only a year old, feels like its been around for ages.

Seems a little bit weak for you? Ask someone else if he/she can smell it from a far distance.

i dont think so, maybe perceptions change over time

Not aware that this has undergone any change.
    (1501)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not aware that this has undergone any change.
    (1501)
    I haven't heard of any either....but I bought a bottle when it was very first released (within the first week or so) and the projection was strong and the scent was sweet. I kept it for about a year, and then sold it (because I wasn't using it a lot). However, when I smelled and sampled it the other day - the first time that I had done either in several months - it DID seem a bit more tame and a bit less sweet that the bottle that I had. So I wondered exactly the same thing that the OP asked about.....that's why I clicked on this thread to read and see what I could find out.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Not that quick..
    I would think it's still a good seller..

Thanks for the reply, and very interesting. For me it is the first time I smell spciebomb but always been afraid it was a sort of bomb scent, and yes, it is not that sweet I mus also say. i am very happy with it. and it was a blind buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    I haven't heard of any either....but I bought a bottle when it was very first released (within the first week or so) and the projection was strong and the scent was sweet. I kept it for about a year, and then sold it (because I wasn't using it a lot). However, when I smelled and sampled it the other day - the first time that I had done either in several months - it DID seem a bit more tame and a bit less sweet that the bottle that I had. So I wondered exactly the same thing that the OP asked about.....that's why I clicked on this thread to read and see what I could find out.

Can't speak on the a reformulation or not, but I got a couple samples recently and was surprised how short lived this "bomb" was on my skin. Still loved the scent though and will probably end up getting a bottle

I was initially truned off by the name, but once sampled, I decided it was not only full bottle worthy, but also got a backup. Not a bomb at all, but easy on the trigger.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Indeed, that happened to me, too. But still some people talk about it being a bomb in both projection and longevity, ideal for clubbing, etc... Anyway, about 10 hours later I can still smell it and it seems quite floral and the cinnamon has desapeared. Although Spicebomb does remind me other scents I think it is better and more contemporary smelling than the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    I was initially truned off by the name, but once sampled, I decided it was not only full bottle worthy, but also got a backup. Not a bomb at all, but easy on the trigger.

Regards,

TC

Smile Re: Spicebomb, still

same old bomb!

Mind you, I own a bottle. But this scent just doesn't live up to the hype for me. However, my wife simply adores it on me, it doesn't give me a headache, so I entertain the thought occasionally.

I keep wanting to test out HdP 1899 Hemingway since it's described to be a better version of Spicebomb, and I get the Eau des Baux connection - which I actually liked due to the perceived dryness and vanilla that was done rather well - but as popular as it is, it would be darn near disastrous for them to reformulate so quickly.

But I will say this, I used to go with only one spray, now I can handle two. Perhaps we're just getting used to it?
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...