Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic

Default Re: Off-Topic

How did you do it? I've had mine truncated several times.
    (1302)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

No real method, I mess around until it works. But then later sometimes it stops working....

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I find I have the same problem with truncated (on the right side) videos. I found that I could double left click anywhere other than a place that would shut it down on the video as it was a problem before, on the 'old' Vbulletin version of Basenotes.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Here's a holiday giggle for Next Gen fans.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

That was funny Evangeline! Thanks for sharing.
    (1444)
    Last edited by hednic; 11th December 2013 at 02:10 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ha! Good one Evangeline! Trekkies everywhere should have this one tucked into their devices.

^ Thanks fellas, I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Oh-- that was great Evangeline! A good chuckle to start the day.

Are you a fan, 30 Roses? I'd imagine you'd really have to be to get why "Tea, Earl Grey, hot" is so funny there...or "Shut up, Wesley!" Lol!

I think Quarry likes Next Gen, too - I'm hoping she glances in here.

(Sorry - I didn't mean to bump this. I assumed it would attach itself to my previous message.)

Default Any good dance nightclubs in West London?

Looking for a joint in West London as I started going to gym there, so would like a nightclub that plays electronic dance music and latest hits and classic hits. I normally go to Romford because u get in free before 10, which means u can buy more drinks

Default Re: Any good dance nightclubs in West London?

Umm, klimax- this is a fragrance forum - why did you post this here?
    We'll move your post to our Off Topic thread.

My husband loves Next Gen, I am not a fan however. I should probably show him that clip, lol. In one of my husband's music classes, he even did a soundbite or two from Next Gen and put it into a song he wrote.

Edit, my husband loved it, lol. Thanks E.
    Last edited by kalli; 14th December 2013 at 06:55 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Are you a fan, 30 Roses? I'd imagine you'd really have to be to get why "Tea, Earl Grey, hot" is so funny there...or "Shut up, Wesley!" Lol!
    Goodness, yes! My husband and daughter are, too. We own the complete set of TNG and Voyager. I watched the original series on TV as a child. They loved this "Make It So" clip!!

Mind you, I don't wear Spock ears, speak Klingon or attend conventions. Not quite that into it, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Goodness, yes! My husband and daughter are, too. We own the complete set of TNG and Voyager. I watched the original series on TV as a child. They loved this "Make It So" clip!!

Mind you, I don't wear Spock ears, speak Klingon or attend conventions. Not quite that into it, LOL.
    Lol, neither do I. I never watched the original, or any of the others much, really. Tony really likes Deep Space Nine also, but Next Gen is the only one I ever followed.

Glad y'all liked it too, Mr.Roses, Rosebud and Mr.kalli.

Basenotes Junkie

Watching The Grinch right now, the movie with Jim Carey as the Grinch. Great movie! Next up, Home Alone. Maybe throw in some Bad Santa sometime this weekend. Love,love,love X-Mas movies. Especially on a snowy day. Happy Holidays everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Next up, Home Alone. Love,love,love X-Mas movies. Especially on a snowy day. Happy Holidays everyone.
    Home Alone is a classic. I enjoy holiday movies too especially the ones that stir emotions.
    (1573)

You've inspired me to watch Love Actually today Hednic. It always makes me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    You've inspired me to watch Love Actually today Hednic. It always makes me feel good.
    That definitely stirred my emotions in a good way. I try to watch that once a year. So did The Family Stone.
    (1585)
    Last edited by hednic; 14th December 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    That's funny, we watched it last night as well!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 15th December 2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo

We have lost a giant in the film industry - the passing of Peter O'Toole. May he rest in peace.
    (1631)

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    That's funny, we watched to last night as well!
    Love Actually is one of my favorite films!

I liked Love Actually, too but I somehow forgot that it's a Christmas flick, lol!

We also have a few Christmas "classics" we try to watch this time of year. Tony's favorite is Die Hard. We decorated our tree, drank lots of bourbon-spiked eggnog and watched that one the other night along with Trading Places, lol - a merry holiday tradition! My current favorite is The Ref, which is so special we're saving it for Christmas Eve ...Bad Santa gets Christmas Day, lol! And I love Dickens' A Christmas Carol and make a point to seek out Patrick Stewart's Scrooge, as well the Scrooges of George C. Scott and Alastair Sim, the musical Scrooge with Albert Finney, and of course Frank Cross, Bill Murray's modern-day Scrooge in Scrooged ...so festive!

RIP Peter O'Toole.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    And I love Dickens' A Christmas Carol and make a point to seek out Patrick Stewart's Scrooge, as well the Scrooges of George C. Scott and Alastair Sim, the musical Scrooge with Albert Finney, and of course Frank Cross, Bill Murray's modern-day Scrooge in Scrooged ...so festive!

Alastair Sim is my all-time favorite in the role.
    (1704)

Dude, Where's My Car was playing at the pizza place the other night..that might be our new Christmas tradition!

I am kidding, that looks like one dumb flick, dude.

Actually, Jesus of Nazareth(1977) is our fave.

My husband loves Twas The Night Before Bumpy? Or something? Has Mr. Bumpy in it? I can't stand it, LOL. So, I try not to mention it at all during the Holidays, hoping he will forget about it.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Junkie

Although it can be a bit played out, no Christmas is complete without It's a Wonderful Life. A true classic.

Although it can be a bit played out, no Christmas is complete without It's a Wonderful Life. A true classic.
    Never get tired of it.
    (1728)

Blog Entries

Absolutely!

l also love The Holiday; Kate Winslet, Jack Black & Cameron Diaz are all adorable in it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post

l also love The Holiday; Kate Winslet, Jack Black & Cameron Diaz are all adorable in it.
    Another good one for these times.
    (1744)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A Christmas Story. Just watched it for the first time in several years. Still hilarious! "You'll shoot yer eye out kid.."

How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carey is painfully funny.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    A Christmas Story. Just watched it for the first time in several years. Still hilarious! "You'll shoot yer eye out kid.."
    "I can't get up, I can't get up!". Lol.

Oh, of course It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story are both compulsory holiday viewing! Another funny one is Elf. Will Ferrell is so perfectly suited for that role - such inspired casting.

I also enjoy at this time for its holiday music Holiday Inn. White Christmas and Meet Me in St. Louis
    (1784)

I just posted the last Christmas parcel and am now happily grooving towards the weekend.

Greg Wilson: Music Played in Discotheques

Vietnam war soldier homecoming - surprises Mom for Christmas during song.

(1881)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wow..that teared me up a bit hednic. Thanks for posting.

Interesting choices for Christmas watching. For me I get to celebrate on the 6th January.....but on Christmas day I usually watch *Enemy at the Gate* despite the attempt to distort a lot of the truth about Stalingrad, it does attempt A LITTLE to portray the spirit of the Russian people to overcome the evil and brutality inflicted by the Nazis and the will of a people to never let the barbarians win. Like Leningrad, Stalingrad, the films in Russian and English, show the will and strength of people to overcome this monster of mob mentality that engulfed Europe and those who fought back and often perished, so many of us today are allowed a voice.

For me, at this time of indulgence , it is a good time to remember what sacrifices were made by so many to fight the Nazi monster and the millions who supported it (and indulged as they slaughtered Europe and whole peoples).
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Hednic, that was sweet. Thanks for that!

Seems only me who is watching Greta Garbo in Christmasy time

That's lovely Lyuba - thank you for posting!

Let's hope that all of our members worldwide enjoy themselves over the remainder of 2013 and have a great 2014.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Merry christmas to all!

Rapid double left-click in the field of the fire for full screen if the video appears truncated. Turn on your sound for full effect.

edit: I had to turn this off after a half-hour. My room was getting too warm.
    Last edited by kbe; 24th December 2013 at 12:25 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Misbehavior? Maybe I'ts Because Of The Parasite Toxoplasmosis Gondii--From a Cat!

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...y-mind/282045/

Thanks science! I needed a good excuse..

Of course - The Yule Log! Christmas wouldn't be the same without it!

(2031)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Calvin & Hobbes 26 Years Later..

If the cartoon series Calvin and Hobbes made your heart smile as it did mine then you will no doubt enjoy these:

[IMG] http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...rt-d5hlgju.jpg [/IMG]

http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress...6-years-later/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kbe; 28th December 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Kbe for providing the link to those.

(2231)

Basenotes Junkie

I remember having a book of Calvin and Hobbes comics around when i was young that i enjoyed looking at. I wonder where things like these dissapear to.

Default New Year's Eve Fireworks

Default Re: New Year's Eve Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Just finished reading it. Sounds real special. Thanks for the info Lpp.

(2347)

Default Re: New Year's Eve Fireworks

Thanks, hednic - hoping to find a video of that one - lucky hedonist!

Default a world without wires

wouldn't it be cool if there was a world of electronics without wires. And they all worked like through a bluetooth coonection. And if one device did not recognise another device then u can manually input the number of that device to kick start it. The system would probably needs billions to start up such a thing but it will be definately evolve the electronics world. I have business acumen.

Default Re: a world without wires

Good luck, klimax - moving to the Off Topic thread in General Fragrance.
    Thanks!

I echo Lpp sentiments - Good Luck Klimax!

(2361)

It wont be a lucrative business haha

A link to the Dubai firework display - live in about 1 1/2 hours from now!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntownDubai

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bump! Fireworks in Dubai in 3 minutes-- use the link in the preceding post!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year, hedonist!

The fireworks were great-- now the water show!

Agree - and everyone else before & after

Love the fountains!

Well that was jaw dropping! Happy New Year Saif!

(2391)

Happy New Year! interesting stuff here,

By the way, out of curiosity, what are your goal/s this 2014?