Code of Conduct

Default Amalfi flowers- opinions

I bought my wife Creeds Amalfi Flowers 2 days ago. It was a limited time offering at creed botique.com. I'm intrigued... It seems this was a super limited production at the release in 2007. The note pyramid seems interesting. Any thoughts on the fragrance for those who sampled it before. Unisex? And why such limited quantities?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Amalfi flowers- opinions

I talked to the Creed guy in SF about this. Apparently, it was a limited edition release for Mothers Day back in 2007 or so. Much like Windsor, it was supposedly a very old formula.

They had a tester and I tried it. If you like the old, slightly weird Creeds like Windsor, you'll probably like Amalfi Flowers. It's kind of sour and vinegar, played against very real-smelling flowers and interesting Bois Du Portugal-style woods and weird old spices. It definitely smells like an old recipe.

If you've tried their other classic offering, Fuille Verte, it's kind of like a flowery version of that. Sort of.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I talked to the Creed guy in SF about this. Apparently, it was a limited edition release for Mothers Day back in 2007 or so. Much like Windsor, it was supposedly a very old formula.

They had a tester and I tried it. If you like the old, slightly weird Creeds like Windsor, you'll probably like Amalfi Flowers. It's kind of sour and vinegar, played against very real-smelling flowers and interesting Bois Du Portugal-style woods and weird old spices. It definitely smells like an old recipe.

If you've tried their other classic offering, Fuille Verte, it's kind of like a flowery version of that. Sort of.
    Interesting - thanks for that description. I remember that Sampler Mike, one of our biggest Creed lovers of the past, swore by that fragrance. I've never had the chance to sniff it.

I gave this to my wife as a gift a few years back and she loves it. It smells so nice on her too.
    (1520)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I gave this to my wife as a gift a few years back and she loves it. It smells so nice on her too.
    (1520)
    Nice gift!