Code of Conduct

Default Maison Francis Kurkdjian (MFK) - first impressions

Yesterday I received couple of Paul Smith (Portrait for Men, PS for Men) and MFK samples (APOM pour homme, Lumiere Noire PH, Lumiere Noire PF, Cologne Pour Le Soir) and so far I sampled first 4 on my skin.

Now I can see why there is a price difference between designer and niche fragrances.

My first impressions:

MFK is genius. I have sampled only first 2 so far - APOM pour Homme and Lumiere Noire Pour Homme but quality of ingredients on this scents is amazing. No crappy synethetic smelling shit that makes you sneeze. Everything is polite, well manered and doesnt wear you. - It just create aura that is part of you.

Lumiere Noire PH is excellent rose scent. Compared to Montale rose scents that I tried everything is just perfectly balanced and sophisticated. If Montale is bully, MFK is artist. Roses in LNPH are light, transparent and very natural smelling. There are several parts of development (from wet roses, through dried roses) and everything finish on patchouli base. Sillage is not overwhelming but longevity is good (8 hours and still going). I think I prefer it also over FM Portrait Of Lady.

APOM pour Homme looks kinda simple. I expected something else and first I was like WTH? but its aura is addicting. Its not loud (except of first couple of minutes) but creates comfortable blanket of orange flowers around you. Its not in your face but when you move your head you will ocassionaly get whiff of it and it feels amazing and classy. Longevity is also good (8 hours and still going)

What are your experience with this house? Do you have favourites? Which scents growed on you and which did you like but dont care about now?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian (MFK) - first impressions

I love this house, and was fortunate enough to meet Kurkdjian. He's very passionate about perfume, and has an incredible personality.

I own everything except for the female release. i did buy my fiance Lumiere pour femme.

All are excellent perfumes.

My top 3 are:

1: Oud - outstanding. could easily be my signature scent.
    2: Oud Silk Mood
    3: Absolue pour le Soir

I sampled LNPH. I loved the scent but the first time I tried it it disappeared within an hour. The second time I went crazy and sprayed eight times. Still was gone quickly. Lovely fragrance but my skin just eats it up I guess. I will revisit it at some point but being in the same ballpark as POAL and NdN I am not in a hurry.

I have about 7 bottles of his fragrances and I love them all. I plan to add more in the future. A Quality house IMO
    (1523)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This house and, more in general, Kurkdjian as a perfumer, are very hit-or-miss with me. I adored Absolue Pour Le Soir and Lumiere Noire (among others) but completely detest Apom Pour Homme or, say, Aqua Universalis Forte (among others).
    Last edited by alfarom; 13th December 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Also somewhat of a hit-or-miss for me. I have and really like APOM pour homme and I've tried his exclusive Ciel de Gum, which I'd love to own if not for the quite imposing price (at least where I'm located). One of the misses for me was Aqua Universalis Forte, which was interesting but not something I want to smell like for hours on end.

One of these days I will start mY journey with Kurkdjian and I will bookmark this thread and threads like this for information. Thanks.
    Last edited by TNBLUEMIKE; 13th December 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have only bought decants of 2..
    CPLM and CPLS..
    They were not to my liking..
    I will try others in the distant future..

Excellent parfumeur - love APLS & Cologne PLS...Yet to try the oud's.

I love APLS. I went with Rose 31 by Le Labo over Lumiere but only cause of the price here at Christmas. But Lumiere is great and yes, first time I wore it, I thought it did not project but second time, it was fine. APOM pour Homme? Actually, I prefer the pour Femme in APOM - the orange blossom is more front and center and sort of envelopes me and I find it brighter. Very nice take on orange blossom, not as citrusy as you might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by kswer View Post
    I sampled LNPH. I loved the scent but the first time I tried it it disappeared within an hour. The second time I went crazy and sprayed eight times. Still was gone quickly. Lovely fragrance but my skin just eats it up I guess. I will revisit it at some point but being in the same ballpark as POAL and NdN I am not in a hurry.
    LNPH is deceiving. I find that 3 sprays (1 chest, one neck, one left elbow) lasts me quite a long time even if I can't smell it. I frequently get compliments hours after I cannot detect anymore.