Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 13 December 2013.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Linfedele Haiku - sample - O'Driu.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 13 December 2013.

Eau de Charlotte Annick Goutal.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Oud Pur Oriental by Montale
    (1524)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l have another day off, & l'm going to write all my Christmas cards, while sampling Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Scent Studio.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello everyone. I am doing Back to Blackjust now for todays synch. Then later are going over to Edinburgh for the weekend. I love Edinburgh. I have decided to go gloriously in Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie. I'll do Harvey Nics Fragrance Hall when I'm there.

Have a great weekend all.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Foustie, Edinburgh is a stunning city that I have neglected for too long - enjoy your trip .

One day until departure and the most important job of all is completed here. An army of decants is now securely packed, ensuring a varied wardrobe for the jaunt down under. Clothes and other stuff can follow - it's all about priorities .

SotD is Xerjoff Uden.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th December 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Safe travels Jon, and enjoy your trip!

Cacharel LouLou for me today.

Happy Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. A sample of Tom Ford Black Violet.
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Mollie Parnis.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 13 December 2013.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Comme des Garcons 2 Man

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Cristiano Fissore Cashmere for Men this morniing
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello everyone -

It's quite overcast and chilly this morning, and it's likely to stay that way for my tennis, but that makes it just right for Estée Lauder Aliage, whose zingy citrus and crisp, dry herbiness are the perfect foils for the cool and damp.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

ExtremeK - you've mentioned another one I've been curious about recently, SSS Rose Volupté, and I'm so pleased to hear you describe it as another "vintagey" one, and as it should be because it's actually replaced one I really loved which was Vintage Rose. I said this already in another thread, but I really need to sample that one! Looking at her site, she explains the reformulation; the labdanum she used was no longer available so she replaced it with a new one, and made a few other small tweaks while she was at it. There are definitely some others I'd like to sample, but I'm tempted to just order a small bottle of Rose Volupté, having now successfully convinced myself that it's going to be Vintage Rose but even better.

Speaking of SSS, how do you like Tabac Aurea, teardrop? I really hope it works for you, especially since you didn't like Champagne de Bois as well as you expected, is that right? Was Winter Woods another one you sampled? That one always sounds so nice. She does ambers very well.

You have a wonderful weekend in Edinburgh, Foustie!

kalli - you smell utterly delightful!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th December 2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Evangeline, l may have given the impression that l didn't like CdB so much, but l was actually talking about the Geisha Amber Rouge that l layered over it that evening. Sorry about that! l remember thinking at the time that maybe what l'd written didn't make that clear.

Yes l do like CdB a lot, & Winter Woods is like a deeper, richer version of it. Tabac Aurea is a surprisingly dry tobacco, not at all sweet or powdery as yet, but a highly authentic scent of real, unsmoked tobacco.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

^^ Oh, good - I'm glad to hear you weren't disappointed.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, good smelling people.

Reglisse Noire for today, my cold weather favorite. It's cold here, too cold for me, anyway, had to put on a sweater! But is supposed to be spectacular in the middle of the day with around 72F, so that is something to celebrate. Happy Friday!

Hello all!

Good afternoon

SotD is Gomma by Etro.

Have a nice Friday!

Enjoy your weekend Foustie; safe travel Jon!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Institution

Happy Belated Birthday easyfish!
    iodine - I look forward to smelling those Profumo.it scents you have. Especially the Milano one. Love a good coffee scent.

I finished my Xmas cards yesterday (yay!) and I just got all of the Xmas decorations from my ex and this weekend I'll put up my tree. I know it's late, but I really have wanted a tree & now I'll have my very own Xmas tree. My 1st in my new apartment & in my new life. I'm excited.

Cooled down slightly (mid-70's here) but not cold by any means. In fact I think I might go to the beach this weekend. We'll see...

In sync in:

Sahara Noir by Tom Ford (from a sample)

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

(((Mike))). I think that sounds like a wonderful weekend, and I hope you enjoy it.
    Jon, yes, priorities! Well done on the packing! And you enjoy your trip, and please don't ignore your admiring fans here

I am wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie today, and I feel so refined. Maybe I will start acting that way, but I doubt it

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! Well it's back in the deep freeze for those of us up here in the north woods. Below zero temps are expected all weekend.

Wishing safe travels to Foustie and Jon.

Wearing Juliette Has a Gun Anyway this morning from a sample. Notes include neroli, lime, jasmine absolute, musk, ambroxan and hedione. It's a very simple fragrance, it's unisex with only 15 ingredients used. It's a very nice scent, would be great for the office or an everyday scent. Definitely a departure from other scents from JHAG.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Jon, yes, priorities! Well done on the packing! And you enjoy your trip, and please don't ignore your admiring fans here
    I should still be checking in on a fairly regular basis with any luck - you don't get rid of me that easily

In synch this evening - Back to Black.

Thanks for all the good wishes - I'd better bid a fond farewell now as tomorrow morning is likely to be hectic. Should hopefully be back on BN in two or three days after the jetlag has subsided and I have got accustomed to being upside down.

Take care all.

Parure extrait Guerlain

Good evening! I applied some "Y" at 09.30 and can still smell traces
    of it now (8 hours later.) Now that's what I call long-lasting sillage!
    The drydown is lovely.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sampling Lutens Gris Clair.

Jujy54--MP on cotton balls perchance...?

Jon, love the cat pic!

Blog Entries

Safe travels Jon, have a wonderful time!

Sounds lovely, Mike! Have a merry little Christmas time!
    Safe travels & a wonderful time, Jon! (Behave yourself and don't touch the national reserve stock of Sauvignon Blanc!)
    Enjoy Foustie!
    Was in Arpege, vintage extrait during the day and Tabac Blond to go with a dram of single malt now!
    Best to all
    Last edited by Larimar; 13th December 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Forever Now by Gucci

Hey y'all -

We're going to our first fancy cocktail party of the season tonight, which doesn't start until 8:00 but our usual in-house Happy Hour's going to be starting soon, and I'm just about all ready for it in Amouage Lyric, the luscious body cream plus edp ...so opulent and festive!

Have a wonderful evening, everyone!

Bon voyage, Jon - we'll see you in a few days! xo

Extra-special holiday hugs to you, ((mike)) - your attitude is so excellent, and I expect your season to be excellent, as well. Here's to your best Christmas ever!

Blog Entries

I have a new sample so my nose is having a holiday fizzy berry party. Newness, memories of drinking Saft and all kinds of good herbaceous things, summer and winter. My cats just went nuts over the package, purring and sniffing then tearing around the house like wild things. Very unusual, they usually don't like packages or react at all to perfumes.
    More rain, turning to freezing fog on top of snow, unusual weather for NW Arkansas but very lovely.
    This one deserves a review, but for now, my first visual impressions.
    It keeps changing. Strange and good forest smells for sure, and lots of plants with magical symbolism too, it seems...

“The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Mimelle, how do you make those cool collages?
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan today. It's been a long week ...

hugs to all (especially to Mike!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Kalli, with apps on my iPad. This one is InstaPicCollage. They have some for android too. The sparkles and decorations though are usually with Snapeee, it's my fave.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

image.jpg. image.jpg

I got started photographing my grandson today. Luckily we have the luxury of doing this over the next month since I'm staying on. Loads of fun.

I spent most of the day in Santal Majuscule and am ending in Antonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hey y'all -

We're going to our first fancy cocktail party of the season tonight, which doesn't start until 8:00 but our usual in-house Happy Hour's going to be starting soon, and I'm just about all ready for it in Amouage Lyric, the luscious body cream plus edp ...so opulent and festive!

Have a wonderful evening, everyone!

Bon voyage, Jon - we'll see you in a few days! xo

Extra-special holiday hugs to you, ((mike)) - your attitude is so excellent, and I expect your season to be excellent, as well. Here's to your best Christmas ever!
    Evangeline, you smell absolutely amazing! Surely the best in the room

Going to bed in PureDistance Black from a sample. Nite all.

Evening Edged In Gold, the last of my sample.

Danieq, how adorable!

I haven't sniffed Lyric, perhaps I should get to that sometime.