Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Almost empty bottle of Aventus for $100. People are ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Was his first name Olivier per chance ?
    I forgot..
    Was it you??
    I should have thought of that technique 1st!!!

People can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean someone will pay.
    But like they say, there is a sucker born every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    People can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean someone will pay.
    But like they say, there is a sucker born every minute!
    For sure!
    (1534)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

What a dumb ass. Lol

The hype! The hype!! makes people do silly things.
    Glad i chose b2b over Aventus. Doesn't last enough on my skin nor project as much as i would want a fragrance with a serious pricetag as Aventus should.

For real though, dude's prices are unbeatable! And how!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

"Aventus Creed Eau De Parfum Millesime Spray 4 oz 120 ml Men's Fragrance cologne"

The seller's heading is no doubt purposely misleading by indicating right there that the item is (contains) "4 oz. 120 ml Men's Fragance cologne". The seller is obviously hoping someone will buy the item without reading the full description.

Also the seller's page displays a "Hassle-Free 14 days return" policy. When read in full it states that the item must "be new or unused" to qualify for that guarantee. That takes it out of the Hassle-Free return policy for this item in my opinion. So that is yet another purposely misleading part of this seller's offering.

I think I will send an email to the seller offering him/her $0.99 for the bottle (with free shipping of course)
    Last edited by kbe; 14th December 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    "Aventus Creed Eau De Parfum Millesime Spray 4 oz 120 ml Men's Fragrance cologne"

The seller's heading is no doubt purposely misleading by indicating right there that the item is (contains) "4 oz. 120 ml Men's Fragance cologne". The seller is obviously hoping someone will buy the item without reading the full description.

Also the seller's page displays a "Hassle-Free 14 days return" policy. When read in full it states that the item must "be new or unused" to qualify for that guarantee. That takes it out of the Hassle-Free return policy for this item in my opinion. So that is yet another purposely misleading part of this seller's offering.

I think I will send an email to the seller offering him/her $0.99 for the bottle (with free shipping of course)

no, i think you should offer him like 75 dollars. i bet he would try to squeeze more money out of you and counteroffer to you. haha

I think it's interesting that it's listed under men's fragrances instead of the Collectibles - Vanity, Perfume & Shaving category with the other empty bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post

My thoughts as well. I hope Ebay would remove these types of listings. I'm surprised this guy has 100% positive feedback. For the past 12 months, he has 304 positive and only 2 neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrancedelight View Post
    smh.... aventus is beyond overhyped.
    Says the guy with DHI as his avatar...

Hype indeed. The most discussed fragrance (probably ever) and here is another thread dedicated to it. Hype happens before a product is launched. Marketing folks try to draw attention to something. Aventus has been out for a long time. It has plenty of negative/neutral feedback and it's not universally accepted as the greatest ever. If you are going to shake your head at hype, think of 2 things...you have it in your wardrobe and you posted in a thread about an empty bottle for $100.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Robbery without a gun!