Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrancenet Needs to Improve Their Shipping Methods

I'm sorry, but when you pay close to $200 for a bottle, there should be a certain level of care and diligence that goes into its packaging. A thin, brown piece of paper wrapped around the box and surrounded by a few "Exceptional....because you are" samples doesn't cut it.

Is it too much to ask for some packing peanuts and bubble tape? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

A bottle shouldn't arrive in this condition, especially a very expensive one. My patience is wearing very thin with them. 3 out of the last 5 experiences have been poor. 2 of them due to poor packaging.

It seems like it's a better idea to just pay a little more and go with someone you can trust.

Photo on 12-13-13 at 8.16 PM #3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fragrancenet Needs to Improve Their Shipping Methods

Sorry that happened to you. I've always had great packing. Have you reported? Perhaps they have someone who needs the boot.
    Last edited by danieq; 14th December 2013 at 03:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Sorry that happened to you. I've always had great packing. Have you rotted it? Perhaps they have someone who needs the boot.
    Yeah, I've sent them an email with the pic. They're closed now, but I'll call tomorrow.

I've never been impressed by their packaging methods but this most recent one takes the cake.

That's horrible, I doubt I would order from them again after that. There is no excuse.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    That's horrible, I doubt I would order from them again after that. There is no excuse.
    You know what I mean, Kalli?

You expect a certain level of service when you buy something at that cost. It was packed like a $5 piece of junk.

Fnet's shipping is lousy, but from the orders I've placed in the past, all were very well packed, including 1 or 2 testers that i bought.

Hopefully your follow up will yield results...Did any bottle get damaged / leak etc? I had one such issue on 1 order only & while the follow up with them took a long time, they did replace the parfum free of charge.

(To add, the leaker i got was actually a regular bottle & was not a tester).
    Last edited by badarun; 14th December 2013 at 01:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    .Did any bottle get damaged / leak etc?
    Yeah, did you see the picture I included? It's in pieces....a lot of pieces. LOL.

It was a bottle of Reflection Man.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear that about your purchase it is very aggravating to anticipate a new fragrance and then it comes in such a shape. I have been put out with Fragrancenet lately not fulfilling my last three orders. So I am taking a breather from them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Yeah, did you see the picture I included? It's in pieces....a lot of pieces. LOL.
    Sorry, i didn't enlarge the pic - just saw the case initially...They should replace it (& I feel they will, mine was just a leaker & had lost abt 10% juice - it was a MPeG parfum, don't recall which one though).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have gotten stuff from them with no packaging materials also..
    Luckily nothing broke..
    I would be pissed also..
    They should give you a gift certificate or something of decent value..
    25% off your next purchase at least!!

There have been a lot of complaints about their slipshod packaging. I'd be interested to hear what they say. Sorry you had to deal with this.
    (1570)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

They absolutely blow. I've been trying for 3 solid days to call them. I have spent over 133 minutes on hold 3 separate calls just to get a ra number, and not once have i spoken to anyone. I've also sent 2 e mails and no response Their packaging sucks. I'm through with these bozos

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote them an email last night (with pics)and they responded this afternoon to inform me that a new item had been shipped out to replace the damaged one. We'll see how it goes.

For anyone who has been having trouble contacting them over the phone regarding a problem or complaint, maybe email is a better way to go. Their response time was very good. I just hope they come through with it.

I wrote them an email last night (with pics)and they responded this afternoon to inform me that a new item had been shipped out to replace the damaged one. We'll see how it goes.

For anyone who has been having trouble contacting them over the phone regarding a problem or complaint, maybe email is a better way to go. Their response time was very good. I just hope they come through with it.
    Their timely response and resolution was better than I would have thought. Glad to hear it.
    (1586)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Their timely response and resolution was better than I would have thought. Glad to hear it.
    (1586)

Yeah, it would be great if I didn't just find out today that they sent me a bottle of HONOUR MAN instead.

Now I'm curious to see how they handle this new issue. I emailed them stating that I expect them to send me the correct bottle (Reflection Man) without me having to wait until I receive the wrong bottle that they just sent, pack it up, send it back to them, and then wait again for them to send the right one--that they should take it on good faith, and I'd return the bottle of Honour Man after I receive Reflection Man. I noted that this was a gift for someone that must be delivered in a timely manner. I've bought tons of stuff from them in the past. They have records. It would be foolish of them not to comply with my request (from a business standpoint)...but we'll see. I kind of doubt they will.

Very interested to see how they handle this.

I can't believe this latest debacle! Are they that absent minded? I'll say one thing - you have the patience of Job. Please keep us informed of how this gets resolved.
    (1688)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you sent them the pics they should have no problem with shipping ASAP..
    I am sure you are not the only person..

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

So, Fragrancenet received my email and in turn put an "intercept" on the package of Honour Man (the wrong bottle) that they were sending to my house, and then placed a new order for Reflection Man. Today I got a message telling me that the package with Honour Man had indeed been intercepted, and that Reflection Man has now shipped.

While this has certainly been a pain in the neck, I have been impressed by 1) Their timeliness in responding to my emails (always within 24 hours or less) 2) The fact that they listened to my most recent request (where I told them I did not want to have to receive the bottle of Honour Man, ship it back to them, and then wait for Reflection Man to come) by putting a "package intercept" on the wrong package which automatically returned it to them, saving me the hassle of having to ship it back to them.

So while I really do think that they need to improve their packaging methods, as long as Reflection Man gets here in one piece I'll chalk this experience up to a couple of errors that were handled (mostly) efficiently once everything was communicated through email. While it would have been nice to have been personally contacted by a representative at some point, I understand that for an operation the size of Fragrancenet, this can't always be the case. Despite the initial aggravation, I think they handled this in the best way that they could have once everything was clarified.

I see Fragrancenet's service has gotten a little shabby lately. Especially this time of year. Not good.

Buysblind - I'm impressed with the level of attention they've taken regarding this matter. Hopefully this will put an unfortunate episode to rest.
    Let us know the final outcome.
    (1816)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your troubles with them. I've recently had shipping issues with them but they have been very prompt to correct it.

Last year I had a bottle break in shipment and they refunded me right away.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from Fragrancenet many many times and this is the first time I have issues - 3 outstanding issues at the same time. Well, maybe 2 because 1 is UPS's fault. I have emailed them twice within a two week period and no answer. No hope for calling because no one would answer. There is a package supposed to get to me right before Thanksgiving, a refund due to its out of stock and not yet reflected in my paypal and credit card for a little over a month, an 8.4 oz TomFord Bottle with a defected box ( one inch of the base was cut off). Yikes!

Me love you long time Fragrancenet but not any more!

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    I have ordered from Fragrancenet many many times and this is the first time I have issues - 3 outstanding issues at the same time. Well, maybe 2 because 1 is UPS's fault. I have emailed them twice within a two week period and no answer. No hope for calling because no one would answer. There is a package supposed to get to me right before Thanksgiving, a refund due to its out of stock and not yet reflected in my paypal and credit card for a little over a month, an 8.4 oz TomFord Bottle with a defected box ( one inch of the base was cut off). Yikes!

Me love you long time Fragrancenet but not any more!
    Wow! Sorry to hear about these unfortunate occurrences. Under the circumstances, I think you are handling it well. I would not be as seemingly calm as you in this situation.

(1851)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...Final update:

The package of Honour Man they sent me accidentally was indeed intercepted and returned to their warehouse. Today, I just received a package from UPS with a new bottle of Reflection Man.

Fragrancenet actually shipped this directly through UPS, with a special delivery notification so that it arrived today. From the time they shipped it out until its arrival here it took only two days. Normally, it takes at least a week for me to get stuff from them. So I appreciate them taking the extra effort to get it here on time.

Of course, it was packed as usual. Now, on my receipt in the box, there was a message that read: "You are eligible for a special rebate for this order. Call 1800blahblahblah." So I called, thinking maybe there was some kind of discount offer they were going to provide in light of the inconvenience.

Wrong. The number was a direct call to a Fragnet representative trying to get me to sign up for a free 1 month trial of "Free Shipping dot com," a service they frequently advertise on their site. After stating several times that I had no interest in this, I was then asked if I liked to read magazines, and if I was interested in receiving free trial subscriptions to various magazines. I quickly wished the rep a good night, thanked her, and hung up promptly.

Oh well. It's Fragrancenet. You take the good with the bad.

For the most part, I'm happy with how the situation was resolved. Though impersonal, they handled it more efficiently and with less of a hassle than other, much smaller fragrance outfits I've dealt with in the past.

I guess Fragrancenet gets a pass once again!

Yay for you! All is well that ends well. They finally got it right.

(1902)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out okay for you Buysblind.

After I disputed the charge with my credit card rep a couple days ago, I finally got an email from Fragrancenet for the refund of the out of stock and misplaced bottles. I guess that was the only way in this case for me to get Fragrancenet attention.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

After I disputed the charge with my credit card rep a couple days ago, I finally got an email from Fragrancenet for the refund of the out of stock and misplaced bottles. I guess that was the only way in this case for me to get Fragrancenet attention.
    Hey - whatever it takes to get them to do the right thing and be 100% satisfied, right? Glad to hear it.

(2051)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything worked out well for ya.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yep, not alone sir. I will never use them again. I got half empty bottle from them (see photo below)

I contacted them, they promised a refund, never got it. then paypal got me my money back.

lesson learnt.

IMG_20131025_153907 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heo View Post
    yep, not alone sir. I will never use them again. I got half empty bottle from them (see photo below)

I contacted them, they promised a refund, never got it. then paypal got me my money back.

lesson learnt.

IMG_20131025_153907 (1).jpg
    That's terrible. Glad you were able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

(3387)