Code of Conduct

Question Pasha Noir anyone know any thing about this?

Cartier Pasha Noir is a modern interpretation of the classic Pasha fragrance for men. The charismatic scent features a hint of citrus mixed with the powerful scents of amber and cedarwood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Pasha Noir anyone know any thing about this?

There isn't much information on this yet. I did see its available at Nordstrom at the moment. I'm looking forward to sampling as I like Pasha. There is a coworker of mine that is excited to try it also. Pasha is his signature fragrance.

My local Macys has it. Will be picking it up today. This will be a blind so can't share my experiences yet.
    (1560)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Cartier Pasha Noir is a modern interpretation of the classic Pasha fragrance for men. The charismatic scent features a hint of citrus mixed with the powerful scents of amber and cedarwood.
    Compared it with the original Pasha and the two don't smell the same to me. Having just returned from the store, The "Edition Noir" seems much fresher and the longevity seems to be pretty good so far.
    (1568)
    Last edited by hednic; 14th December 2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was created by Jacques Cavallier..

A green citrus freshness combines with the virile depth of amber and cedar.
    An urban and charismatic olfactory experience which retains the elegance of a historic classic..

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    There is a coworker of mine that is excited to try it also. Pasha is his signature fragrance.
    My bet is that he'll like this one then.
    (1572)

I'm wearing it right now. My first wear. There's a lot of the original Pasha DNA in it.

Cartier had given me some advanced information on this one. Ok, I'm not marketing guru, but my interpretation of what I was told was that this was supposed to be sort of a "Winter Pasha", with deeper, warmer, and somewhat sweeter base notes.

First I'd say that I like it. It may not be as deep and warm as they intended (at least that was my inference), and it may not be as deep and dark as you'd expect something called "Noire" to be. It's still got the fresh, crisp top and middle of original Pasha. It's just a little sweeter, and maybe a bit rounder, in my opinion.

Ok, now I'm about twenty minutes into it, it's drying down and, yeah, it's Pasha with just a bit of sweetener. Doesn't seem terribly dark, not compared to, say, the epic, masculine darkness of Treizieme Heure.

I don't always end up sticking with my initial impressions, and though I had hoped for something a bit darker and warmer, I'm pretty sure I love this one. I'm going to pop it into my winter rotation. It'll be probably the "freshest" name in my winter ro, so it may evolve imto one of my Spring/Fall names. We'll see. In the meantime, I've got a new option that I'm very pleased with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    I'm wearing it right now. My first wear. There's a lot of the original Pasha DNA in it.

Cartier had given me some advanced information on this one. Ok, I'm not marketing guru, but my interpretation of what I was told was that this was supposed to be sort of a "Winter Pasha", with deeper, warmer, and somewhat sweeter base notes.

First I'd say that I like it. It may not be as deep and warm as they intended (at least that was my inference), and it may not be as deep and dark as you'd expect something called "Noire" to be. It's still got the fresh, crisp top and middle of original Pasha. It's just a little sweeter, and maybe a bit rounder, in my opinion.

Ok, now I'm about twenty minutes into it, it's drying down and, yeah, it's Pasha with just a bit of sweetener. Doesn't seem terribly dark, not compared to, say, the epic, masculine darkness of Treizieme Heure.

I don't always end up sticking with my initial impressions, and though I had hoped for something a bit darker and warmer, I'm pretty sure I love this one. I'm going to pop it into my winter rotation. It'll be probably the "freshest" name in my winter ro, so it may evolve imto one of my Spring/Fall names. We'll see. In the meantime, I've got a new option that I'm very pleased with.
    Glad you found this to your liking. Agree with your assessment. I was also pleasantly surprised by this and glad I bought it. Thanks to Scentimus for bringing it to my attention.
    (1638)

Its a La Nuit L'homme knock off so don't bother getting this if you dont like that scent or already have it.
    Very boring IMO.

I sampled it today. It is very nice. A future maybe for me.

"a modern interpretation of the classic pasha".. Sounds scary. I'm sceptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    "a modern interpretation of the classic pasha".. Sounds scary. I'm sceptic!
    For me, while it is a fine smelling scent, I don't think I smelled Pasha In it. So if that's your expectation going in, you might be sad.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just browsing through Sephora I see this is there worst selling fragrance and Polo Red is the 3rd best selling..
    Go figure

Sampled at Nordstrom, ran home to scrub it off immediately, and the horrid chemical undertone of it still would not go away, 12 hour later even. I am a fan of Pasha and the fresh mint flanker. Sorry to report that I had one of my most negative reactions ever to this horrible version. It's shot through with a chemical that strongly reminds me of insecticide. No kidding. My wife had a similarly negative reaction. If this stuff works for you, congratulations. To all others - seriously, try sniffing some aerosol bug spray. There's an alarming similarity.

Dear Cartier: I love a lot of your other releases. Please rethink this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post

(2275)

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Sampled at Nordstrom, ran home to scrub it off immediately, and the horrid chemical undertone of it still would not go away, 12 hour later even. I am a fan of Pasha and the fresh mint flanker. Sorry to report that I had one of my most negative reactions ever to this horrible version. It's shot through with a chemical that strongly reminds me of insecticide. No kidding. My wife had a similarly negative reaction. If this stuff works for you, congratulations. To all others - seriously, try sniffing some aerosol bug spray. There's an alarming similarity.

+1 the other versions are nice, but Noir is a horrible synthetic ambery mess. Its a horrible take of La Nuit, I dont know wtf they were thinking with this one.

Wow... a horrible take on YSL La Nuit de L'Homme? Synthetic qualities? Man, I'm bummed. I find Pasha too much on the feminine side for my tastes. I was hoping this would be a well done masculine version of Pasha. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Wow... a horrible take on YSL La Nuit de L'Homme? Synthetic qualities? Man, I'm bummed. I find Pasha too much on the feminine side for my tastes. I was hoping this would be a well done masculine version of Pasha. Oh well.
    If you have a chance to sample it in a store that carries it while you happen to be there, do so (I imagine you haven't yet as you used question marks), and form your own opinion.
    (2504)
    Last edited by hednic; 2nd January 2014 at 09:13 PM.

I sampled this yesterday. To my nose so far it smells like a fresher Pasha. My co-worker tested it also this week and he is enjoying it a lot.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Is this your opinion or not?

Smelled it only on a strip a few days ago. Kind of in the same ZIP code as La Nuit, but not as spicy, I didn't think. Not bad, but also unremarkable. The SA made a take-home sample for me, which I plopped into my box of samples with no specific intent on trying it soon. However, I'll break it out and give it a go, to hopefully add to the opinions, since this seems to have generated a bit of interest.

I smelled in a Saks Fifth Avenue recently (I didn't spray on myself though), and it reminded me of something else.. perhaps I will try to smell again.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 2nd January 2014 at 10:12 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you have a chance to sample it in a store that carries it while you happen to be there, do so (I imagine you haven't yet as you used question marks), and form your own opinion.
    (2504)
    I plan to, if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Is this your opinion or not?
    I thought that was self-evident. I was reacting to what others have said. This seems to be a common impression as well.

The flacon is nice , but the juice is abysmal compared to the original and fraicheur versions.

This one is awful in terms of Cartier heritage and signature. Noire smells like a spicy version of Gucci Guilty. A synthetic soapy fresh mess with Hugo Boss quality that is really close to Guilty. This could be a crowd pleasing scent, though a big disappointment it is named Pasha.

I can see this one only as a modern interpretation of Pasha in terms of belonging to the same family, the Fougeres. I don't see anything really interesting or unique on it, it seems to me more a safe Cartier to appeal to a broader audience. A little bit of citruses, a little bit of aromatic herbs, a little bit of sweet amber and something vaguely woody. It seems very familiar, you could confuse it with other scents. Somehow makes me think of Versace Eros, don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post

Curious that they mention it was intended to be a sort of Winter Pasha, since there was in the past a limited edition called Pasha Eau d'Hiver.

Any more feedback one? I have a $50 gc from Neiman Marcus and was thinking about getting it. Sephora had it, but no tester!

I wouldn't risk it without testing first.

See if Nieman Marcus has a tester for you to try it out first.

(3721)

anyone have any opinions on this scent good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    anyone have any opinions on this scent good or bad?
    Love it...Great for the summer and its got a fresh take on cedar and amber which I think is fairly unique....Very nice scent...A bit safe but would definitely garner compliments from the opposite sex....

I would wear this one as a daily scent and longevity and sillage seems to be average to above average...I suggest 3-4 sprays...Maybe hit the t-shirt with this one to get better longevity but easily gets 6-8 hours....

I dont know what the other dudes are talking about regarding it being a "synthetic mess"....I dont have any experience with the original Pasha so perahps my views have not been tainted since I'm comparing it to the original...I'm basing my comments solely on this fragrance by itself and it does just fine on it's own and frankly don't care if it doesnt smell like the original.....Its a great fragrance with quality ingredients and notes from a great house - Cartier....
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 20th June 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    FOR SALE:

Cedrat Enivrant 30ml-

Brecourt Esprit Mondain 1.7 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Love it...Great for the summer and its got a fresh take on cedar and amber which I think is fairly unique....Very nice scent...A bit safe but would definitely garner compliments from the opposite sex....

I would wear this one as a daily scent and longevity and sillage seems to be average to above average...I suggest 3-4 sprays...Maybe hit the t-shirt with this one to get better longevity but easily gets 6-8 hours....

I dont know what the other dudes are talking about regarding it being a "synthetic mess"....I dont have any experience with the original Pasha so perahps my views have not been tainted since I'm comparing it to the original...I'm basing my comments solely on this fragrance by itself and it does just fine on it's own and frankly don't care if it doesnt smell like the original.....Its a great fragrance with quality ingredients and notes from a great house - Cartier....
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was just a spring/fall frag or not.

This is nice actually. Very smooth and wearable. Very different from the progenitor and flankers. Kinda has that dark sexy feel to it. I'm not sure it is FB purchase material for me but I'd wear it! Along the lines of TF noir.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Institution

I smelled this on Saturday for the 1st time (I am totally unfamiliar with regular Pasha). I liked it but I didn't spray on skin. I will next time I see it.

The comparisons to Noir by Tom Ford seem apt.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle